Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's always the same story with these two.
  • Deciding whether to go to uni/choosing the right subject to study: Well, we didn't end up using our degrees for anything, so we've never had this problem!
  • Figuring out your dream career/finding the right job: Well, we both started blogging at uni and it turned into a career by the time we graduated, so we've never had this problem!
  • Relationships/finding a suitable partner: Well, we both married the first guy we found, so we've never had this problem!
  • Becoming property owners/managing finances: Well, we both bought our first properties before we turned 30, so we've never had this problem!
  • Gender discrimination/harassment in the workplace: Well, the place we work is full of women supporting women, so we've never had this problem!
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/fertility problems/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Then why the F are you trying to host a podcast where you discuss these topics, you effin' morons?!!!
I can’t tell you how much I love this 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 38
  • Deciding whether to go to uni/choosing the right subject to study: Well, we didn't end up using our degrees for anything, so we've never had this problem!
  • Figuring out your dream career/finding the right job: Well, we both started blogging at uni and it turned into a career by the time we graduated, so we've never had this problem!
  • Relationships/finding a suitable partner: Well, we both married the first guy we found, so we've never had this problem!
  • Becoming property owners/managing finances: Well, we both bought our first properties before we turned 30, so we've never had this problem!
  • Gender discrimination/harassment in the workplace: Well, the place we work is full of women supporting women, so we've never had this problem!
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/fertility problems/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Then why the F are you trying to host a podcast where you discuss these topics, you effin' morons?!!!
Favourite post ever. I can leave tattle now. You just summed them the duck up!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
I love this. I wish you would leave this review under their podcast. BRILLIANT

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Do you think it ever occured to them to have people on theit podcast who arent in the same situations as them?
BAME people
Academics re a particular topic
Men who arent their husbands

Theit at home podcast was quite fun. Its a shame they gave up on the format and switched to this chatty drivel.
Theres a huge gap left where the high low was. They made a proper effort, educated themselves on topics, read the news and acknowledged their dang privilege...

Basically the opposite of anna and lilys podcast...

Reactions: 35
Do you think it ever occured to them to have people on theit podcast who arent in the same situations as them?
BAME people

Theit at home podcast was quite fun. Its a shame they gave up on the format and switched to this chatty drivel.
Theres a huge gap left where the high low was. They made a proper effort, educated themselves on topics, read the news and acknowledged their dang privilege...

Short answer: no.
Long answer: no. They don’t consider anything that isn’t them. Ever. Full stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/heterosexual/cisgender/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
What in the white millennial woman (I say this as one)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I can’t relate to them in anyway. The only thing we have in common is going to university; which wasn’t on my radar growing up tbh. They’re both so vanilla (which is fine) but like others have said, it’s rinse and repeat all the time with them. If they both have babies, it’s sad that this will be the only exciting content they have. And even for Lily she makes that look like a chore.

Reactions: 23
Some bullshit story that Lily hugged another woman in hospital when they had to go back in when Grey wasn’t feeding properly and losing weight.

When they were finally allowed to go home as Grey was back at a healthy weight, another lady and her baby were not. Lily then asked if she could see her and gave the lady a hug and imparted her new found expert knowledge about babies and told her it would be ok.

She then bangs on about how it’s more profound following BLM and reading Candace Braithwaites book “I’m not your baby mother” so I am assuming the lady was black and now Lily deserves a Nobel peace prize for her efforts
Interestingly, what finally set Anna off (crying for 5 mins apparently) was Lily saying something like ‘when you one day have a baby, it’s the most empowering thing blah blah’...oh and the other thing Lily ‘thinks about every day’ is BLM. Ye ok Lils, even though you can’t pronounce Candace Braithwaite’s name properly, and there’s bugger all mention of BLM on your SM engagement these days...😳

Reactions: 31
Interestingly, what finally set Anna off (crying for 5 mins apparently) was Lily saying something like ‘when you one day have a baby, it’s the most empowering thing blah blah’...oh and the other thing Lily ‘thinks about every day’ is BLM. Ye ok Lils, even though you can’t pronounce Candace Braithwaite’s name properly, and there’s bugger all mention of BLM on your SM engagement these days...😳
No way, she really thinks about BLM everyday?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her house was surprisingly easy to find.
The thing that annoys me about their podcast, is that with a little planning it was be so much better. I used to work in radio and even the off beat shows that sounded completely unscripted WERE SCRIPTED because otherwise it sounds like a tit podcast... There would be at least an hour sit down a few days beforehand to work out the route the show would take, any information needed, research (heaven forbid), and whatever else was needed.
They’re a pair of out dated idiots who need to start looking for “proper” jobs, because this is going to dry up very quickly for them.

as a side note; those Amazon reviews for her book have absolutely made my day. Exceptional work.

Reactions: 38
I didn't feel empowered by having a baby, but maybe that's because I have other stuff going on in my life.

Reactions: 39
Some bullshit story that Lily hugged another woman in hospital when they had to go back in when Grey wasn’t feeding properly and losing weight.

When they were finally allowed to go home as Grey was back at a healthy weight, another lady and her baby were not. Lily then asked if she could see her and gave the lady a hug and imparted her new found expert knowledge about babies and told her it would be ok.

She then bangs on about how it’s more profound following BLM and reading Candace Braithwaites book “I’m not your baby mother” so I am assuming the lady was black and now Lily deserves a Nobel peace prize for her efforts
That's what is going to make me unsubscribe from her today. The wanting to appear like a kind, gracious, empowering and wonderful women, lifting another one up, when all she does is lift herself up, by acting like she is altruistic and empathetic. "I did not even think about it, I just knew I had to go to her", total bs my love.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
That's what is going to make me unsubscribe from her today. The wanting to appear like a kind, gracious, empowering and wonderful women, lifting another one up, when all she does is lift herself up, by acting like she is altruistic and empathetic. "I did not even think about it, I just knew I had to go to her", total bs my love.
Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Annnd another HelloFresh ad. Looks like Lils even posted it twice, in case any of us missed it the first time round.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
BAME people

The At Home With podcast feedback was it needs more diversity. Patricia Bright was the only BIPOC included. The rest were represented by Gleam and/or owners of brands they had worked with. So basically, friends who were predominately white, cis and upper class.

I was having this convo with a friend of mine, but I can’t stand listening to “banter” during podcasts. A lot of the Housewives ones have that at the beginning and it’s so annoying. I don’t care what you did or didn’t do over the weekend. Give me the RHONY tea. I can’t imagine listening to an hour of Anna and Lily drolling on about their upper middle class bubble lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
It was the adress of her house. If i remember correctly, she bought the house in late 2017 and her book came out in spring of 2018.

I don‘t know the context of the review. The reviw itself wasn’t posted. Someone just said that her adress it was leaked in a review and posted the adress to the thread (that was after amazon took down the review).
Whatever the context was, i‘d love to know who posted it. Was it a hater? Was is someone who knew her personally? Was it a neighbour?
It's not hard to find Lily's address. I did with just googling her closest tube station and her name.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.