Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is if people are searching for an influencer and their address or are finding it, it will start appearing higher up the search making it even easier to find. I was in another thread on here (not going to say who) and they were talking about someone's address and how easy it is to find. I google searched the influencer with just their name and I couldn't believe that a related search came up as blah blah and their entire home address including post code. I know most of us don't have ill intentions and are just nosey but that's kind of freaky.
I think I know who! the one that wants a new career! lol yes freaky.

Reactions: 4
wow, thank you for letting us know. That’s not okay, was it her flat address or her family home? Doesn’t make a difference really but curious to know..What Was the context of sharing her address? Was it like I hate Lily here’s her address go find her or I love Lily and if you do go say hi this is her address?
It was the adress of her house. If i remember correctly, she bought the house in late 2017 and her book came out in spring of 2018.

I don‘t know the context of the review. The reviw itself wasn’t posted. Someone just said that her adress it was leaked in a review and posted the adress to the thread (that was after amazon took down the review).
Whatever the context was, i‘d love to know who posted it. Was it a hater? Was is someone who knew her personally? Was it a neighbour?

Reactions: 4
It was the adress of her house. If i remember correctly, she bought the house in late 2017 and her book came out in spring of 2018.

I don‘t know the context of the review. The reviw itself wasn’t posted. Someone just said that her adress it was leaked in a review and posted the adress to the thread (that was after amazon took down the review).
Whatever the context was, i‘d love to know who posted it. Was it a hater? Was is someone who knew her personally? Was it a neighbour?
Maybe it was Mark haha!

Correct, someone posted her address on Amazon review. The whole Amazon Review was then posted to that thread.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Maybe it was Mark haha!

Correct, someone posted her address on Amazon review. The whole Amazon Review was then posted to that thread.
Yes i was just about to write the same. Basically someone said that Lily needed money to pay for her house in (insert address) and the planned renovation so she wrote her book

Reactions: 7
I honestly think she is hiding behind this excuse and it was because the book was met with some pretty bad reviews.
I think you're 100% right - if that's the secret reason Lily is providing then she's an idiot for not getting it taken down right away...wouldn't that be the FIRST thing you'd do!? And if it was posted to any gossip sites it would be taken down for violating the rules!

ETA - went to go and look at the reviews to see if they were as bad as everyone said and found the ultimate damning review: "My child has just spilled her drink on this book and I couldn't give two hoots."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
wow... that was quick seeing as someone apparently only just copied it this AM..! Just wondering how much she bought her flat for...
I copied it from the thread, I think the review was taken down a long time ago.

I think you're 100% right - if that's the secret reason Lily is providing then she's an idiot for not getting it taken down right away...wouldn't that be the FIRST thing you'd do!? And if it was posted to any gossip sites it would be taken down for violating the rules!

ETA - went to go and look at the reviews to see if they were as bad as everyone said and found the ultimate damning review: "My child has just spilled her drink on this book and I couldn't give two hoots."
She can't possibly think it will do well when it was printed in font size 16

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I also recently saw the review copied and pasted to another gossip forum a long time ago (at the time when the book came out) and went searching for it on amazon, but couldn't find it. I'd say it was removed from amazon, but on that forum it still stands.

Reactions: 8
They have this bizarre notion that the general population seem to be people who either work 'in an office' or are an 'influencer'. It's totally unfathomable to them that women might be self employed in other industries, or that people work shift work or that women do manual work or that women who do low paid work. For them it's literally influencer or office worker. And they whenever they talk to someone who has a 'normal job' (what does that even mean?) it's like their on safari and seeing elephants in their natural habitat 'wow, that's so interesting' 'i never knew that' I actually find it borderline patronising.
This really pisses me off about these two! I work in hospitality and I bet Lily would look down her nose at me! They have such a small view of “real life” and “normal people”

Reactions: 25
@LA2019 You know how in our average mundane normal job, we get gym membership/ pizza parties/ trainings framed as our perks. Some influencers tried to frame PR gifts as 'perks'...I am sure Lily is one of them

Reactions: 10
Her worst renovations choices mentions windows 😂 She is so vapid
We picked our grout (from a pretty standard cheap tile place) based on what the sample sticks looked like. Whether it was the sample sticks that were wrong or the grout was mixed wrong, either way, I wish I’d been there to check a sample before both bathrooms were done. It totally changed the finished result when the grout dried a much lighter shade.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
After about 2 mins of googling, i found the address. That was super easy. Had a look at the pics and im actually amazed she took on a house that needed so much work and was a huge project. It looks good. They've done alot to it. Fair play

Reactions: 12
After about 2 mins of googling, i found the address. That was super easy. Had a look at the pics and im actually amazed she took on a house that needed so much work and was a huge project. It looks good. They've done alot to it. Fair play
It looks good when they are paying for the 'structuring', anything that is related to 'decorating' are gifted. Her lights, sofa, loo, tiles, kitchen, barn door, are all gifted. Someone mentioned that her kitchen would cost at least 20k, that is almost 1/4 of a renovating budget.

They said they looked up Maternity Pay and couldnt work it out and asked Lucy what employed people could expect. Lucy made the point she doesnt work in HR but went on to say about 6 months full pay and then statutory maternity pay which is quite generous. It's not one bit generous. It's around £150 per week, which I very much doubt they would consider a livable amount. And the 6 months full pay is extremely generous and no where near common. Tbh for two university educated people not to be able to find out this information is a bit disgraceful.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
It looks good when they are paying for the 'structuring', anything that is related to 'decorating' are gifted. Her lights, sofa, loo, tiles, kitchen, barn door, are all gifted. Someone mentioned that her kitchen would cost at least 20k, that is almost 1/4 of a renovating budget.
Oh for sure. Didnt say she was paying.. Its easy to get your house done up nice when companies are paying. I know ripples sorted her bathroom reno and they are £££

Alright for some 😑

• Sad
Wow! I wonder if she considered moving house when her address was posted online? Imagine the absolute meltdown Rich had to deal with there! Not that I really blame her. I would probably be freaked out too. I wonder who posted her address online? It's a pretty messed up thing to do. Then again, the address of her family home is publicly available, so I guess Lionel doesn't think it's a big deal.

I actually had to give up half way through - it was so bad. Can't remember who (from Gleam) they had join them but Gleam is apparently a GREAT place to work with women supporting women and no egos which might bring less senior women down. And Anna and Lily are great examples of how women support women and how their relationship is so special because they put their friendship first and their ego/work priorities second. So all nice and sunny in their Worlds. As somebody who actually faced discrimination and bullying in the workplace - from men and women - I found nothing they had to say was worth anything. It was just another "aren't our lives FANTASTIC - pat ourselves on the back'. They then asked the Gleam girl about maternity policies and she was like 'i don't work in HR'. SURELY the better format would've been having a guest who can talk about gender inequality in the work place - maybe an employment lawyer who can give REAL information about the subject or maybe someone who has been through experience of taking their former workplace to tribunal for gender inequality and what that journey was like. And for the mat leave section - get a HR expert in to outline what your ML rights are, explain how ML differs and what you should be entitled to when you return - maybe something on flexible working. But that might involve using some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money to actually pay a woman for her time/expertise.
It's always the same story with these two.
  • Deciding whether to go to uni/choosing the right subject to study: Well, we didn't end up using our degrees for anything, so we've never had this problem!
  • Figuring out your dream career/finding the right job: Well, we both started blogging at uni and it turned into a career by the time we graduated, so we've never had this problem!
  • Relationships/finding a suitable partner: Well, we both married the first guy we found, so we've never had this problem!
  • Becoming property owners/managing finances: Well, we both bought our first properties before we turned 30, so we've never had this problem!
  • Gender discrimination/harassment in the workplace: Well, the place we work is full of women supporting women, so we've never had this problem!
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/heterosexual/cisgender/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Then why the F are you trying to host a podcast where you discuss these topics, you effin' morons?!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 102
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.