Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one really know what was it, there were some speculation
1. Her address was made known to the public on Amazon Review lol
2. She cannot bear the truth that her book is tit
3. She pissed off some of her friends for divulging their childhood stories
4. The topic was not what she wanted to write at first but was suggested to her by her editor, maybe she is blaming her editor for tanking her book sales?
OK, it was interesting she brought it up but with no intention of explaining more, therefore creating a lot of speculation!

Also another random observation (sorry I'm new to Tattle and suddenly have the urge to comment!) A few weeks ago she mentioned spray painting the taps of her daughter's IKEA toy kitchen black, I'm guessing purely for Instagram aesthetics?...that was the moment I realised I couldn't relate to her at all and had to unsubscribe 😅 I have the same kitchen for my son and it never occurred to me it needed 'improving' in any way?! But when she shares stuff like that I can't help but feel pressure that I'm somehow not a good mum for not spotting an opportunity to jazz up my kids toy?! Sorry for the long rant haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
You know, I think the saddest thing about Lily’s whole “no one told me” shtick is that she probably never learned to it was able to be wild and creative as a kid. Like wearing all colors of the rainbow at one time and thinking you looked like the coolest kid on the block.

Her “no one told me” thing is probably because she might have learned or see that you could do things without being told you could do them , and I think that’s a sad lonely existence absolutely as a kid and definitely as an adult. Never feeling like you can try something new or fear “failing”

Or it’s just that she’s lazy and it’s excuse not to fail.

I hope this make sense. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
I listen to a lot of beauty podcasts as I enjoy beauty, lily and anna know NOTHING. When you listen to others speak about beauty, trends, products, owners/founders, you realise just how much of nothing lily and anna bring to the table. Like NOTHING. Its shocking they have got this far with zero knowledge about beauty and the industry
Pretty priviledge. I am not hating, they are both pretty girls and dumb.
We all have/ had these colleagues...

Reactions: 5
Pretty priviledge. I am not hating, they are both pretty girls and dumb.
We all have/ had these colleagues...
To each their own but I really don't think Lily and Anna are pretty (within their 'industry', I think they are some of the less attractive ones for sure), nor do I think their looks were the reason they "made it." To me, it's purely a right time/right place thing. There were just barely any beauty bloggers back when they started, maybe 10 total. So they got invited to all the brand events because there was no one else to invite at the time. And they got to develop brand relationships that way. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
OK, it was interesting she brought it up but with no intention of explaining more, therefore creating a lot of speculation!

Also another random observation (sorry I'm new to Tattle and suddenly have the urge to comment!) A few weeks ago she mentioned spray painting the taps of her daughter's IKEA toy kitchen black, I'm guessing purely for Instagram aesthetics?...that was the moment I realised I couldn't relate to her at all and had to unsubscribe 😅 I have the same kitchen for my son and it never occurred to me it needed 'improving' in any way?! But when she shares stuff like that I can't help but feel pressure that I'm somehow not a good mum for not spotting an opportunity to jazz up my kids toy?! Sorry for the long rant haha!
That's the worst kind of influencing if she made you feel like that. Being present with your son is so much more important to him than spray painting a toy. We're always noticing how she struggles to enjoy playing with Grey. How shallow of her to be more focused on what the kitchen looked like rather than playing with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
To each their own but I really don't think Lily and Anna are pretty (within their 'industry', I think they are some of the less attractive ones for sure), nor do I think their looks were the reason they "made it." To me, it's purely a right time/right place thing. There were just barely any beauty bloggers back when they started, maybe 10 total. So they got invited to all the brand events because there was no one else to invite at the time. And they got to develop brand relationships that way. That's all.
I agree. Both have been stylish at times in the past, and never ugly by any stretch, but definitely more average looking. Kind of why I liked them tbh. Who wants to look at someone 5 times more attractive than you try on clothes etc 😂

Reactions: 21
I agree. Both have been stylish at times in the past, and never ugly by any stretch, but definitely more average looking. Kind of why I liked them tbh. Who wants to look at someone 5 times more attractive than you try on clothes etc 😂
I think that was probably a big part of what made them both popular. I also appreciated that their bodies were more average too - not just a size 6 frame where most clothes look good.

Reactions: 16
So the podcast is back and Lily said the first episode is all about ~women, I’m gonna suffer through it to see if they have the gut to mention what’s been going on. We know they recorded it only a few days ago..

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I must say, I am very surprised at the paint options Lily has picked for Grey's room.
Screenshot_20210318-111024_Instagram.jpg

And I started listening to the podcast this morning and apart from Annas comment that "it was quite the week" in regards to Sarah and women protesting, Lily admitted to feeling like an imposter because she knows nothing lol

And they has their old manager from gleam on, which did not add much to the convo in my opinion

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Oh god - this podcast is awful. I know that we don't promote pregnancy speculation here but I think they took time off because Anna is pregnant and needed to scale down her work or something. The podcast is just as muddled with little research/prep and just shows both of them up as being really ignorant as always.

Reactions: 18
So the podcast is back and Lily said the first episode is all about ~women, I’m gonna suffer through it to see if they have the gut to mention what’s been going on. We know they recorded it only a few days ago..
They really threw themselves out there and acknowledged that it’s been “a crappy, crappy week” and it’s “strange, strange times” and they’re sending “all the good vibes”.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Can't believe she's considering painting her daughter's room the colour of diarrhoea.

These two morons are the least qualified people to talk about things like equality in the workplace.

Reactions: 27
They really threw themselves out there and acknowledged that it’s been “a crappy, crappy week” and it’s “strange, strange times” and they’re sending “all the good vibes”.
Yep. And Anna throwing in Blessing Olusegun but not saying Blessing's full name or even referring to her death properly saying 'i think she was found on a Sussex beach'.

They literally had a friend who 'works in an office' and act like she some sort of oracle on all things 'normal job wise'.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Yep. And Anna throwing in Blessing Olusegun but not saying Blessing's full name or even referring to her death properly saying 'i think she was found on a Sussex beach'.

They literally had a friend who 'works in an office' and act like she some sort of oracle on all things 'normal job wise'.
Did they at least touch on the point that all missing women deserve our attention, regardless of your social status and race? I thought that would be a logical thing to say?

Reactions: 19
I have always found Anna to be very unattractive looking..

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Did they at least touch on the point that all missing women deserve our attention, regardless of your social status and race? I thought that would be a logical thing to say?
Nope. She mentioned Sarah Everard (using her full name cause she can pronounce it) and then said 'and Blessing who was found on a Sussex beach I think' and that was it.

I actually had to give up half way through - it was so bad. Can't remember who (from Gleam) they had join them but Gleam is apparently a GREAT place to work with women supporting women and no egos which might bring less senior women down. And Anna and Lily are great examples of how women support women and how their relationship is so special because they put their friendship first and their ego/work priorities second. So all nice and sunny in their Worlds. As somebody who actually faced discrimination and bullying in the workplace - from men and women - I found nothing they had to say was worth anything. It was just another "aren't our lives FANTASTIC - pat ourselves on the back'. They then asked the Gleam girl about maternity policies and she was like 'i don't work in HR'. SURELY the better format would've been having a guest who can talk about gender inequality in the work place - maybe an employment lawyer who can give REAL information about the subject or maybe someone who has been through experience of taking their former workplace to tribunal for gender inequality and what that journey was like. And for the mat leave section - get a HR expert in to outline what your ML rights are, explain how ML differs and what you should be entitled to when you return - maybe something on flexible working. But that might involve using some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money to actually pay a woman for her time/expertise.

I switched off when Lily starting talking about Rich using shared parental leave and saying how she was worried about telling her followers because its so unusual for a man to do that and she was worried about the response. Firstly, I had my child a few years before Lily and I would say around a third of families did shared parental leave - it's really not that unusual. Secondly, Lily never recognises it's her own internalised sexism that dictates her thinking on these things. If she truly believed that men should do equal amounts of childcare then she would be able to defend herself against any criticism.

Lol - Lily also mentioned at the start of the podcast that she loves ceramics - every pot/vase/plate she ever bought is from Zara or H&M!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
What did Lily say to make Anna cry at the end? Can’t be bothered to listen to the whole thing.

Reactions: 8
Nope. She mentioned Sarah Everard (using her full name cause she can pronounce it) and then said 'and Blessing who was found on a Sussex beach I think' and that was it.

I actually had to give up half way through - it was so bad. Can't remember who (from Gleam) they had join them but Gleam is apparently a GREAT place to work with women supporting women and no egos which might bring less senior women down. And Anna and Lily are great examples of how women support women and how their relationship is so special because they put their friendship first and their ego/work priorities second. So all nice and sunny in their Worlds. As somebody who actually faced discrimination and bullying in the workplace - from men and women - I found nothing they had to say was worth anything. It was just another "aren't our lives FANTASTIC - pat ourselves on the back'. They then asked the Gleam girl about maternity policies and she was like 'i don't work in HR'. SURELY the better format would've been having a guest who can talk about gender inequality in the work place - maybe an employment lawyer who can give REAL information about the subject or maybe someone who has been through experience of taking their former workplace to tribunal for gender inequality and what that journey was like. And for the mat leave section - get a HR expert in to outline what your ML rights are, explain how ML differs and what you should be entitled to when you return - maybe something on flexible working. But that might involve using some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money to actually pay a woman for her time/expertise.

I switched off when Lily starting talking about Rich using shared parental leave and saying how she was worried about telling her followers because its so unusual for a man to do that and she was worried about the response. Firstly, I had my child a few years before Lily and I would say around a third of families did shared parental leave - it's really not that unusual. Secondly, Lily never recognises it's her own internalised sexism that dictates her thinking on these things. If she truly believed that men should do equal amounts of childcare then she would be able to defend herself against any criticism.

Lol - Lily also mentioned at the start of the podcast that she loves ceramics - every pot/vase/plate she ever bought is from Zara or H&M!
I switched off when Lucy came on to the podcast. Gleam is a place where young and middle class white girls work, many of them did some sort of internship or work experience in London before being offered a job at Gleam. No doubt that many of the girls work hard, I hate the notion that rich people cannot be hardworking, of course they can! But please don't make it sunshine and rainbow, instead of reposting those PPT activism slides, perhaps what they can do is to widen their inclusion policies because PR has always been very middle class.

Lucy is not HR but she is like a damn boss of Gleam? Again, they could have research or at least read up the policies but Lily is too busy puking diarrhoea on Grey's wall while Anna is too busy bird watching

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

I haven't listened to it and not going to (thank you for your service and summary!) but I feel both embarrassed and also so angry at them.

Inform yourselves if you're going to talk about topics like this, don't waffle through something so important, it's ignorant and offensive.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.