Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hardly the best advert for those straighteners is she? Straightens hair then ties it up 🙃
Came here to say I really can’t believe she is advertising any hair styling tools. Do these brands not do any kind of due diligence? she’s openly spoken about how damaged her hair is.

Reactions: 33
I don't think Lily said that they asked her not to link to their business, she simply did not want to. If I remember correctly, she said that she did not want to link them because they were a small local company. It may be for privacy reasons – or she doesn't want people to know that she's not living as close to central London as she wants to portray, lol.

Lily has complained before that she can't link a brand if there's no affiliate link involved. I think that this may be the case here as well. If there's nothing in it for her, then why bother.
Sorry, I definitely remember her saying they do not want to be mentioned. Because when she had said that, it started the same discussion here on whether people believed that or not. She could have lied about it, but she definitely said it.

The whole affiliate link story is different of course.

Reactions: 9
why on earth would you spend time straightening and then curling your damaged hair to sit in the house. unless you have loads of zoom calls a day i do not get it.

edit: i will say i think i have super similar hair to lily so do straighten it a lot myself but my hair doesn’t look as rigid and dry as hers. olaplex is your friend lily

Reactions: 18
She probably wouldn't do an ad or aff link featuring a product like Olaplex or Redken anti-snap/breakage because she is sticking with the narrative that having Grey caused her hair to be tit... not the fact that she straightens it a lot and had balayage which probably involved bleach.

I'm speaking personally here as I am naturally medium/dark brown with blonde balayage and my hair seriously doesn't look that bad.

Reactions: 20
“If you too want the crispy, lifeless hair of your nightmares, then these are the straighteners for you!”

🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Anyone needs a new avatar? She looks like a 50 years old bus driver
1616770680844.png

1616770801828.png

That curtain: Dog pee pee on my white bedsheet

Whenever she smiles, it looks like her denture is falling off. That dentist really did her bad

Sorry!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
i almost wish i had a child so i could blame my crappy hair on it

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Lily's hair struggle can be defined by one phrase: She wants to have the cake and eat it too.

She wants to have healthy hair while also:
- Straightening her hair everyday;
- Curling her hair on top of the straightening;
- Dying her hair;
- Manhandling her hair constantly (e.g. using elastic hair ties that cause breakage, putting her hair up in these crazy pineapple hairstyles which create knots);
- Sleeping on her unprotected hair (no hair wrap, silk scarf, or silk pillow);
- Eating like tit;
- Not using appropriate products (I guess Olaplex won't sponsor her...).

She wants instant fixes to her problems without having to make any kind of concessions. At some point, you have to make choices. You have to figure out your priorities. If you want results you are going to have to give up something. Whether that be dying your hair, or straightening (preferably both in her case, considering how dire the situation has become). She also has no patience or consistency. She hasn't even begun taking the supplement pills that she's already making excuses for herself about them (how she hates taking pills because they make her nauseous), which tells me it won't last long. Not that supplements will fix her problem.

She claims that her hair "could handle the heat" during renos and therefore heat processing must not be the issue now... For one, just because your hair once looked smooth from using products full of silicones doesn't mean it was healthy inside... Her hair--even at its "best"--has always looked limp, overprocessed, dry, and frizzy. And I mean, why would you ever assume that just because something (which is objectively really damaging) was "working" before, it will keep working forever? It's obvious that with time her hair is going to be less and less resilient to all this bullshit, especially when she's gone through something like pregnancy in the meantime. As she likes to always point out, her body's different from pre-pregnancy now--if it's different on the outside then chances are it's different on the inside too! Most likely her body won't be able to handle damage she was doing to it when she was younger, and that includes her hair! It's like how you can eat tons of candy as a kid and it won't affect you, whereas if you did that at 30 you'll likely feel sick from it. Why is it so hard for her to believe that it might be the same with hair styling?

I seriously think she is confusing hair loss and hair breakage. Hair loss can be caused by things like stress, hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy/coming on or off the pill/thyroid issues and so on. It just means you'll notice a lot of hair shedding (more than normal) all of a sudden, but then with time your hair growth will resume as normal (in terms of pregnancy related hair loss, your hair growth usually will be back to normal by your baby's 1st birthday). Now hair breakage on the other hand is more commonly caused by coloring/heat processing, not having regular enough haircuts (the split ends will travel up your hair causing it to break higher up), being too rough with your hair while brushing it or while towel drying, tight/repetitive hairstyles (if you wear your hair in a ponytail everyday it could wind up breaking around where you tie it), etc. When you look at Lily's hair, it's crystal clear that her hair has snapped in the middle. It's not just around the crown, it's literally all over. It's incredibly obvious that she's suffering from hair BREAKAGE, which is due to her styling habits as mentioned above. The strands of hair she always points to are NOT hair that has 'regrown', it's hair that has SNAPPED in half!

Finally, I will never ever get the logic behind the "I put my face on the internet everyday for my job so I can't have my hair look bad" excuse she gives herself for not doing the curly hair method / refusing to give up heat tools. It's clearly just a lazy excuse when the reality is she just doesn't want to put in any kind of effort toward anything...and she really just doesn’t like curly hair, she ultimately just WANTS to have straight hair. Killing her hair with straighteners everyday is just easier for her. Tell me one thing Lily--what looks worse? Having 'natural' hair for a few months as you transition into getting some nice curls back again, OR having this yellow/green-ish, broken, snappy, dry but greasy, uneven, thinning head of hair for years and years and years? With scenario no. 1, it'll only last a few months and it'll only get BETTER, whereas with scenario no. 2, it'll last a lifetime and it'll only get WORSE. For me, it'd be an easy choice. NO ONE on the internet cares if her hair looks 'weird' for a few months, because her hair already looks like pure tit RIGHT NOW! Giving up heat literally couldn't possibly make her hair look worse than it does currently. She's delusional and hiding behind this "my job forces me to show my face" excuse when really the only thing stopping her is HERSELF and the internalized self-hatred she has for her natural hair (which she’s not willing to work on at all, not even for the sake of her daughter).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
FC95B4C8-DB6D-4624-85E8-ADCCCB205CEE.jpeg

Maybe she needs to check herself? She talks about future kids like it is given all damn time when her friend is struggling?

• Wow
Reactions: 22
View attachment 500570
Maybe she needs to check herself? She talks about future kids like it is given all damn time when her friend is struggling?
Also does she actually respond to these people or just pat herself on the back for having received their heartfelt messages? I DMd her a couple of times after having my first baby, a similar time to her, just wanting her to discuss the difficulties with relationships/marriage post-baby as I was really struggling at the time and couldn't find anyone talking about it. Never got a response, it made me feel so much worse like I was just a terrible person for feeling what I was feeling. I know it's not on her to make me feel better but I just thought it was a topic she might cover, but oh well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Same as her slagging a girl on Twitter for working at McDonalds.
I unfollowed after she was rude about the girls talking in their own language in that shared Uber or whatever it was.
She isn’t a nice person.
The best thing about that is the girl she slagged off is Lucy Partington who is now beauty editor at Stylist magazine! We love to see it 😚 Bet Lily hates that

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The best thing about that is the girl she slagged off is Lucy Partington who is now beauty editor at Stylist magazine! We love to see it 😚 Bet Lily hates that
Aww I didn’t know that! That’s excellent, good for her ☺
And meanwhile Lily would probably cry after spending an hour in most people’s ‘normal’ jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Aww I didn’t know that! That’s excellent, good for her ☺
And meanwhile Lily would probably cry after spending an hour in most people’s ‘normal’ jobs.
She will moan about how she was unfairly treated while passing off her promotion opportunity to Nicole.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also does she actually respond to these people or just pat herself on the back for having received their heartfelt messages? I DMd her a couple of times after having my first baby, a similar time to her, just wanting her to discuss the difficulties with relationships/marriage post-baby as I was really struggling at the time and couldn't find anyone talking about it. Never got a response, it made me feel so much worse like I was just a terrible person for feeling what I was feeling. I know it's not on her to make me feel better but I just thought it was a topic she might cover, but oh well.
I messaged her a few times when she was struggling with BF - just to give words of encouragement and support and got no response. But when I messaged her when she was asking for 'product advice' for baby stuff she screen shot my message and reposted. And was then sent the item I recommended (cost for us plebs £200 plus) for free. That's when I really started to understand 1) what the game is and 2) what an awful person she is. Other influencers I've reached out to have at least acknowledged my message. She is literally the only once who hasn't.

I'm sorry she didn't respond to you at a time you were feeling quite vulnerable. She really doesn't ever want to put any work into properly engaging with her audience/building a relationship but then has the gall to talk about people 'being kind'.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
I have a friend who works in digital marketing and I just saw she shared that insta developers have added the draft stories feature in the dev environment. Likelihood that Lily takes credit for this with her poll?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh wow! 😲..I need more information on this. What happened?

Reactions: 14
Oh wow! 😲..I need more information on this. What happened?
First time posting but this seems like a good time to contribute haha. I actually know Lucy and remember this. Lily worked at glossy box who posted a year long unpaid internship, probably expenses only, if that? Lucy tweeted that it was unfair because unless you have rich parents/ live in London it wasn’t possible. Lucy worked at McDonald’s at the time, to earn money in between various internships.
Lily then posted on her personal account something that basically said the reason she had a proper job and didn’t work in McDonald’s was because of internships. Clearly missing the point, as ever. Lucy’s the real winner to me and I’m not just saying that as I know her. I’d rather have worked in McDonald’s and end up as a beauty editor at stylist than selling out shilling things on the internet but who am I to comment?
I’m going to have to tell Lucy this was mentioned haha.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.