Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weird Lily hasn’t show us anything from watabrand. Waiting for them to PR gifted?
I really, really, really hope she isn’t gifted anything from WAT the brand... it looks like their brand is doing well, Lily would just tarnish it (and let’s face it, make the clothes look boring and bland!)

Reactions: 7
I really, really, really hope she isn’t gifted anything from WAT the brand... it looks like their brand is doing well, Lily would just tarnish it (and let’s face it, make the clothes look boring and bland!)
I hope not, but they are Gleam. This world doesn't need any muted colour tracksuits Yikes

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So what does Covid have to do with not doing her 'Be Kind' IG? Why could she not launch that? It's not like she had far too much work going on....?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So what does Covid have to do with not doing her 'Be Kind' IG? Why could she not launch that? It's not like she had far too much work going on....?
A. She sucks in writing
B. She cannot earn money from it
C. She realised that she isn’t a kind person in real life

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Exactly; one would have thought it was a perfect time for something like that?
But I guess too much hard work...

Reactions: 14
Exactly; one would have thought it was a perfect time for something like that?
But I guess too much hard work...
People who Gleam loaned out for this project were needed to be focused on keeping the company afloat, would be my guess.

Reactions: 6
A. She sucks in writing
B. She cannot earn money from it
C. She realised that she isn’t a kind person in real life
She should concentrate on preaching her 'be kind' message to family members. Wasn't it her father who tweeted a picture of a transport worker labelling them a 'little shXt' for refusing his ticket or something?

• Wow
Reactions: 27
She should concentrate on preaching her 'be kind' message to family members. Wasn't it her father who tweeted a picture of a transport worker labelling them a 'little shXt' for refusing his ticket or something?
Exactly... the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!

Same as her slagging a girl on Twitter for working at McDonalds.
I unfollowed after she was rude about the girls talking in their own language in that shared Uber or whatever it was.
She isn’t a nice person.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 497407 actually I gave that hope up long ago
This truly made me lol.

They used Hilary's in the flat but a local company in the house. Clearly didn't fancy giving them any potential business though!

View attachment 498445
This came up before, the local company asked not to be mentioned. Which I believe.
I know a couple of small business owners and shop owners who do not like it when influencers mention them. 1) they’re often busy enough through their own network and 2) clients coming through social media that way, through large audiences from influencers, often are not the best clients. They are quick to complain and blast you on social media and often lots of requests lead to nothing. All in all, not worth it. Within their own social media network, it’s much better.

Last edited:
This came up before, the local company asked not to be mentioned. Which I believe.
I know a couple of small business owners and shop owners who do not like it when influencers mention them. 1) they’re often busy enough through their own network and 2) clients coming through social media that way, through large audiences from influencers, often are not the best clients. They are quick to complain and blast you on social media and often lots of requests lead to nothing. All in all, not worth it. Within their own social media network, it’s much better.
I don't think Lily said that they asked her not to link to their business, she simply did not want to. If I remember correctly, she said that she did not want to link them because they were a small local company. It may be for privacy reasons – or she doesn't want people to know that she's not living as close to central London as she wants to portray, lol.

Lily has complained before that she can't link a brand if there's no affiliate link involved. I think that this may be the case here as well. If there's nothing in it for her, then why bother.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Lily at it again with probably my least favourite thing she does... ideas to ‘fix’ Instagram. She used to do this in videos all the time (particularly empties and ‘disappointed products’ as she always infuriatingly called them) with her suggestions to brands for ways to do better. Not sure why it riles me so much but it really does! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Lily at it again with probably my least favourite thing she does... ideas to ‘fix’ Instagram. She used to do this in videos all the time (particularly empties and ‘disappointed products’ as she always infuriatingly called them) with her suggestions to brands for ways to do better. Not sure why it riles me so much but it really does! 😂
‘IG, give me a VP customer experience role’ #beggingforajob

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
All of her suggestions for Instagram are basically because she's lazy and makes mistakes.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Why is she doing this? She is in no way affiliated with Instagram and will not be forwarding this feedback to the company. She might as well ask her audience what features they would like the new iPhone to have. This will only boost Lily's engagement.

Why is she doing this? She is in no way affiliated with Instagram and will not be forwarding this feedback to the company. She might as well ask her audience what features they would like the new iPhone to have. This will only boost Lily's engagement.
maybe she is expecting that someone from IG HQ will see this hence offering her a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I suspect that's exactly why she's doing it

Reactions: 13
“Geek out about new features”, when two weeks ago she was asking what Guides was.
And hated REELS when they first came out (she now loves them). I once had a manager like Lily - whenever there was ever the whiff of change on anything she would immediately say she hated the proposed change/belittle the people involved/get defensive or aggressive because she lacked the intelligence or vision to see how said change could work/improve our projects. It was so tiring. I honestly can see Lily being like this. She doesn't understand stuff and immediately jumps on the negative. In her personal life she is very much like this - if there is anything that she hasn't experiences (which, quite frankly, is most things) she is really demeaning or dismissive about it or provides an excuse (usually, 'it's not a London thing') because she see's it as a way of exerting her superiority over that person. A normal, well adjusted person would be interested/ask questions but I think Lily sees this as being submissive and weak so goes to the other extreme.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.