Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lurkylurk12

I'm probably going to get blocked by her now and have to rely on you guys for Lil- lets updates. I just wrote in her question box (or what to call it) where she asked what the most intense part for me about a tv show was, and I said that for me the most intense part was that she talked ads instead of using her platform when a young woman in the city she lives in has just disappeared and most likely been found murdered. So I guess ttyn, Lils.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
At least Lily you could try and spell person's name correctly
View attachment 477284
This made me rage. She manages to be disrespectful with the incorrect spelling and also to continue making it all about her.

Plus the fact that she's been silent all week so far and yet we're supposed to believe she's been having "intense debates" all week?
This woman couldn't debate a potato, let's be honest.

• Haha
  • Heart

Eileen_2019

VIP Member
Thing is she doesn't even know what 'the shit' is. She thinks by calling herself a feminist she is a feminist but has never done anything (that I'm aware of) to evidence that she has any sort of feminist values. I'm aware that there isn't a cut and dry definition of feminism and I totally subscribe to that but I have met people like Lily (in my life) and they think just labelling themselves a feminist is enough.
She thinks that by having 'a job' that pays more than her husband's, she's a feminist.

• Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Another classic Lily quote on the latest podcast. "Line of Duty is the only programme I let Rich watch".
Wtf!? Why does he put up with this stuff? He's an adult man... Jesus
Lily comes across as a very insecure person that is all bark and no bite. She picks on Rich and Anna because she knows they wont talk back to her and she can demonstrate her dominance and fake confidence in this way. There is absolutely no way Lily would say anything like she does to Rich and Anna to someone that can hold there own and would snap back at her. She literally wouldn't know what to do and would probably run off crying saying they are a bully if she got a taste of her own medicine. Genuinely confident people don't feel the need to always state their opinion as fact and the only opinion, they don't care if you have another opinion because they are confident in themselves. I am sorry but the way she puts Rich down says so much more about Lily than it does Rich! Can you imagine if a man said the things she doesn’t about his wife? The police would be called for domestic abuse.

• Heart
Her ”how to“ explanation in her latest video regarding Olaplex was wrong. You don’t wash and condition hair and then use Olaplex. You have the option of either wetting your hair or giving your hair a light shampoo, on damp hair apply Olaplex making sure all strands are saturated, leave on for about 20 minutes rinse, shampoo, and then condition. Lily do your job properly and give people the right information. Olaplex is a bond strengthing treatment it is not a conditioner. You can damage your hair if not done correctly. No wonder Lily’s hair is in such a state. She’s has one job...one job...can’t do it right.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Bonjour92

VIP Member
Omg already eye-rolling at her new video. She has the Clarins zoom call and sets up all her stuff in the kitchen table (including snacks for when she gets “a bit weak”. Is she serious???). Meanwhile she says that Rich and Grey have to “hide upstairs” until her call is over. You’ve got to be kidding me! This woman takes the biggest room as her office so “she” has to sleep in the tiny room and Rich can’t get a desk but then she has ALL her calls in the kitchen! She’s basically taking up the whole house! I can’t

ACDCB1D2-B92C-4682-A342-8CFB5690495B.jpeg

AF9E2B3D-D485-4345-AE36-037646F1737C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

Yesterday

I didn't feel empowered by having a baby, but maybe that's because I have other stuff going on in my life.

LA2019

Something else I remembered from the podcast. At one point Lily talks about how when they first started out her and Anna would often recommend each other for jobs that they didn't think were quite right for them. And then she said something like 'in a normal job you wouldn't see people passing promotions they were offered to their colleagues'. I mean, how effing clueless is she? In every job i've ever worked in you have to apply and interview for any sort of promotion - they don't just get handed to you on a plate. This might not be true for all sectors but I think it is true of most industries.

Having said that I have seen plenty of women I know who are self employed recommend colleagues/peers for projects when they know it's not quite right for them (they don't have the right level of expertise/skill set or capacity to take on said project). But in a regular work place, a promotion is often the only opportunity you'll get to earn more money so why would you pass onto 'Katy who sits next to me because I think she'll be better at it' if you go through an selection/interview process the role goes to the person who is best qualified/has the right experience.

Also, if Lily is so selfless that she will happily 'empower' her fellow female influencers by passing on jobs which are more relevant to their 'niche/audience' then why does she not pass on all baby related partnerships to mummy bloggers or interior jobs to someone who actually bases their brand around home renovations etc.

jeijddn

If Lily's decision to give Grey the box room had anything to do to with keeping a separated office space for both her and Rich I'd not find it that strange. However, she denies the man a desk and keeps the office all for herself even though she often takes calls from the kitchen. It just looks greedy to me... making most of the house about herself while overlooking both Rich's and Grey's needs.

On another note, giving a big room to a small child often means that you can "double" it a playroom and everything child-related is kept in that room, leaving the rest of the house more tidy (as much as possible).

RG1986

Another classic Lily quote on the latest podcast. "Line of Duty is the only programme I let Rich watch".
Wtf!? Why does he put up with this stuff? He's an adult man... Jesus

• Wow
  • Haha

Eskimogem

Chatty Member
It's always the same story with these two.
  • Deciding whether to go to uni/choosing the right subject to study: Well, we didn't end up using our degrees for anything, so we've never had this problem!
  • Figuring out your dream career/finding the right job: Well, we both started blogging at uni and it turned into a career by the time we graduated, so we've never had this problem!
  • Relationships/finding a suitable partner: Well, we both married the first guy we found, so we've never had this problem!
  • Becoming property owners/managing finances: Well, we both bought our first properties before we turned 30, so we've never had this problem!
  • Gender discrimination/harassment in the workplace: Well, the place we work is full of women supporting women, so we've never had this problem!
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/fertility problems/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Then why the F are you trying to host a podcast where you discuss these topics, you effin' morons?!!!
I can’t tell you how much I love this 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 38

LA2019

It makes me cross that she's doing the loft now. Any sort of reno like that is absolutely filthy, dust gets everywhere no matter how many dustsheets you put up or doors you close. They should have moved in, got the loft done, and then worked their way down the house and finished with the ground floor rather than rushing to get rooms that were livable but not to their taste ripped out.

It also means the landing area is going to need to be retouched, the paint work on the upstairs doors etc if it gets damaged. Builders are going to be coming through the hall and up the stairs every day with materials and tools, no matter how careful you are things will get knocked and need repainting afterwards.

If she knew she wanted the loft doing, why didn't they wait, it's insane to me. She's done this in such an inefficient and wasteful way
This is Lily all over. She has no self control. She could've lived in that house the way it was when the moved in (which is what a lot of people do) and then done the work when they had the money to. I remember her saying that they were repainting the walls in the house because they weren't going to reno for a long time and then started the renovation work within 6 months. 6 months is nothing.

Also, Lily in her wildest dreams never thought that Anna would be able to buy the property she bought. It was very telling that as Anna was getting closer to her moving date that Lily started dropping hints about the loft, about the house not being their forever home, about being able to afford the house on Rich's salary alone. She has accelerated the loft plans because she cannot STAND that Anna has a much bigger/more expensive house than her. Lily is the kind of friend that is happy for you when you get engaged - as long as your ring is smaller than hers. Or loved your wedding - as long as it's smaller than hers. And says 'congratulations' when you buy a house but through gritted teeth if the house is bigger than hers.

• Heart

Vixen88

VIP Member
Same as her slagging a girl on Twitter for working at McDonalds.
I unfollowed after she was rude about the girls talking in their own language in that shared Uber or whatever it was.
She isn’t a nice person.

• Heart

klakstrom

Her house was surprisingly easy to find.
The thing that annoys me about their podcast, is that with a little planning it was be so much better. I used to work in radio and even the off beat shows that sounded completely unscripted WERE SCRIPTED because otherwise it sounds like a shit podcast... There would be at least an hour sit down a few days beforehand to work out the route the show would take, any information needed, research (heaven forbid), and whatever else was needed.
They’re a pair of out dated idiots who need to start looking for “proper” jobs, because this is going to dry up very quickly for them.

as a side note; those Amazon reviews for her book have absolutely made my day. Exceptional work.

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I think with her hair...she’s frustrated because she is used to getting what she wants. And she wants straight hair. But she hasn’t got that kind of hair and years of trying to force it into submission is now taking it’s toll. So she’s stroppy about it.

Maybe no one told her you don’t always get what you want?

jaymie

VIP Member
4D0797AE-11CF-4758-805C-202939FD7B4B.jpeg

😱 when your whole brand is about beauty, maybe clean her nails.

Ha! Caroline Hirons was first in the door for a free cut and colour last time the salons opened!
Caroline is all bark no bite. Her whole modus operandi is to bully smaller influencers than the big ones.

• Sick
  • Haha

palmer

Chatty Member
I loathe Lily and I have absolutely no qualms about saying it out loud either. Like @stinkytink, the amount of money she makes is the least of my concerns at this point. If it were, then I would "loathe" all influencers equally as I do Lily, and that's most definitely not the case. I like to think of myself as someone who has critical thinking skills, someone who is consistent about their values and morals and actually applies them to the people they come across. Lily doesn't align with any of my values--in fact, her existence actively challenges many of them. At this point, I can't think of a single aspect of her personality, lifestyle, or professional occupation that is actually redeeming--all three are riddled with immorality, in many different ways (which I could go into but it'd be a whole other post). So yes, I do loathe her for that.

The view that we only get to loathe people who "[directly] affect/impact our [own] livelihoods" is extremely dangerous in my opinion. If someone does something morally wrong, you can be very sure that I'll point it out, whether or not if affects ME personally; I'll defend the interests of the people who ARE affected, whether or not I'm included in that group, because that's just the right thing to do.

On that note, it seriously makes me laugh when influencers try to shield themselves from any criticism by saying that we only see "what they choose to share with us," and that that's only "a portion of their lives." Hello, is that not what everyone does in "real life" as well? My colleagues at work only know what I choose to share with them, and that's definitely not my entire life. Even my friends only know some parts. Every day when I interact with people, they only see the part of me that I choose to share with them. However, that does not mean they aren't allowed to form an opinion about me, and that does not make any opinions they have of me any less legitimate. I see more of Lily than I do most of my friends; I know more about her life, her opinions, her interests than I do most people I know "in real life." And you're telling me I can't have a real, legitimate opinion about her?

The only difference between Lily (and other people on the internet) v. people I know in real life, is that the former is a one-way relationship whereas the latter is a two-way street. I know Lily but she doesn't know me. I can have an opinion about her, whereas she can't have an opinion about me. My friends, colleagues, and other acquaintances know me, just like I know them, so we both get to have an opinion about each other. The virtual element of it is not relevant in any way.

Now, I think we can all agree that the treatment Meghan Markle has been getting is completely different from the one Lily is getting, and tbh I'm not sure why the OP was even trying to draw a comparison between the two of them. Don't give Lily ideas--her situation is not comparable to Meghan's whatsoever IMO.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

bantybrownley

She talked a lot about her hair in today's vid and honestly it looks so terrible that I kind of feel bad for her. Like it must suck to never have a good hair day and it's obvious she's really conscious of it. I do think a lot of it is the heat styling she does + the horrendous balayage, but I also think she just got dealt a bit of a shit hand hair-wise. You can tell it's pretty dry and unruly naturally and I think even if she did stop heat styling it would still be pretty dry looking.

I think if she dyed it all dark, cut back on the heat styling (I don't think it's realistic to think she'd stop all together), and cut off the dead ends that would be a good start. What I don't understand is why she continues going to Hersherson's and keeps using products that were designed for people with straight hair that clearly don't work for her - she's such a slave to the brand names even though they're clearly not working for her. She needs to put in some proper research to find other stylists & products that will actually help her

• Heart
Reactions: 37