Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a comparable sale around the same time, but £20k less and the house in much worse condition with abandoned garden. Don't think she overpaid and bigger houses on her road are valued at 900k-1mil currently. It is zone 4 in North London after all, the prices will keep on rising.
I think her dad advised her on the area, is probably the best they can get for the price range and North London. I don't see them living far away from her parents

Reactions: 6
I think her dad advised her on the area, is probably the best they can get for the price range and North London. I don't see them living far away from her parents
Also, I don't see her leaving North London. There's a stereotype about North Londoners thinking south is beneath them and when Lily visited that distillery in Chiswick, she said just that -ew, South London, I never go here. She thinks Shoreditch is East London, can't imagine her going any further in and Leyton would be so beneath miss princess.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Kings Cross and Camden is south for poor lily, she would think she was in the Arctic tundra if she came up to Yorkshire

• Haha
Reactions: 28
There's a comparable sale around the same time, but £20k less and the house in much worse condition with abandoned garden. Don't think she overpaid and bigger houses on her road are valued at 900k-1mil currently. It is zone 4 in North London after all, the prices will keep on rising.
On surrounding roads there's one (with loft done) that went (recently) for £25k more than she bought hers and another (no loft but comparable in size) that is on for 10k more than she paid. The houses on her road that are £900k plus are bigger than Lily's and the area doesn't have a huge amount going for for her house to be worth that much (post loft) in the next few years. Most people will just cross over the A406 to the area slightly north of her where you can get £900k plus houses which are much bigger, with drives and bigger gardens closer to the park and near a station and a high street. She lives in an area where there are still loads of houses that are in the state hers was in when she bought. So there are still fixer uppers to be had and people tend to go for those because they can put their own stamp on it.

I live in Zone 3 in North London and a lot of people I know who bought in 2017 (which is when Lily bought) haven't made a huge amount on their properties because prices were really high back then - they've fallen a bit since and gone back up during the pandemic. Also, families are leaving London people now that people realise they can work from home and afford much more for their money elsewhere.

Reactions: 11
On surrounding roads there's one (with loft done) that went (recently) for £25k more than she bought hers and another (no loft but comparable in size) that is on for 10k more than she paid. The houses on her road that are £900k plus are bigger than Lily's and the area doesn't have a huge amount going for for her house to be worth that much (post loft) in the next few years. Most people will just cross over the A406 to the area slightly north of her where you can get £900k plus houses which are much bigger, with drives and bigger gardens closer to the park and near a station and a high street. She lives in an area where there are still loads of houses that are in the state hers was in when she bought. So there are still fixer uppers to be had and people tend to go for those because they can put their own stamp on it.

I live in Zone 3 in North London and a lot of people I know who bought in 2017 (which is when Lily bought) haven't made a huge amount on their properties because prices were really high back then - they've fallen a bit since and gone back up during the pandemic. Also, families are leaving London people now that people realise they can work from home and afford much more for their money elsewhere.
My house in South London has gone up 19% since 2018, I guess Lily shouldn't have been so dismissive of the south 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My house in South London has gone up 19% since 2018, I guess Lily shouldn't have been so dismissive of the south 🤭
I live in the South West based on current selling prices in my area my property has increased in value by 60%+ since 2013. Perhaps Shilly needs to get out of London.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
No posts for five days, one story, hardly anything over the weekend. What is her job? One video a week?

Reactions: 20
I wanted to move to London badly during my early twenties, I had visions of me living in a Notting Hill mews (lol). There is no way I could afford to live in London and I appreciate living up North so much now. Never say never though.

Lily definitely lives in 2010 still where the Londoner narrative was cool and edgy.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.