Lily Pebbles #20 Nobody’s told her her content is REEL-Y bad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most likes on the thread title was suggested by @BananaPenguin

Re-cap from last thread
• She still moans.
• She did a live with EmmaRoseStyle (link here) about pregnancy style. It wasn’t very popular (400-500 viewers). Nobody told her people have actual jobs to do in the afternoon.
• She made a comment in the live about not wearing midi-skirts as they make her ‘look Jewish’.
• She’s made her Peleton profile private.
• Her Reel obsession is still in full flow. Somebody needs to tell her they’re cringe.

Sorry if I’ve forgotten anything!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
• She's still mean to Rich and outing him on the daily even though she says she's not.
• Bleaching and using heat on her hair doesn't damage it, post partum does.
• Child numero dos is still happening totally for sure in 2021, tattlers are suspecting that he/she will be named something along the lines of Greige Teddy Soleil II.

Edited for typos (sorry, I promise to do better).

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Lily's main style issue is that she does not like her body. I watched the live and I felt really sorry for her. She thinks that nothing suits her anymore when she's two sizes bigger.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Lily's main style issue is that she does not like her body. I watched the live and I felt really sorry for her. She thinks that nothing suits her anymore when she's two sizes bigger.
Can you tell me if there is anything that she likes? Everything is a problem to her:unsure:

Reactions: 15
I didn't water the live, but this is something I noticed from her after grey. A few years ago I went through a lot of health issues and out on a lot of weight too, and I really hated my body. But that was mostly down to wearing clothes for the body I wanted and not the body I had. Of course I felt terrible trying to fit into a 27 jeans when I was a 29.

I do hope that she started to feel more comfortable in her body. I think her body looks great, btw. thought it’s easier said than done to love your body and it’s taken me years and a lot of trying on of clothes to find what makes me love my body again.

Reactions: 9
I can totally empathise (I put on quite a lot of weight with baby no.1 who is 6 months older than Grey, I went from a very scrawny size 6 to a 10/12 with a gut and hips and I genuinely felt clueless about dressing myself afterwards). BUTTTT she gets all these free clothes handed to her, affiliations with brands etc.... “fashion” is her job! So it’s down to her to experiment, play with different styles and brands and tweak it and work it until she finds a style she can own and love and rave about. But she just doesn’t seem to do that at all. It’s a damn site easier finding your style with freebies chucked at you than it is having to literally buy every piece of a wardrobe yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I do hope that she started to feel more comfortable in her body. I think her body looks great, btw. thought it’s easier said than done to love your body and it’s taken me years and a lot of trying on of clothes to find what makes me love my body again.
I actually found Tattle thanks to Lily, when she made flushing-tampons-stories. Idiot.
Before that I did find her a bit annoying, but these threads are eye opening.

I agree that she hates her body. She should talk with a professional about her body issues and stop hiding under all that unflattering clothes. Obviously she can't figure out herself that you can feel and look good with extra weight and after giving birth. And it annoys me that she is in such a privileged position to try different things out and step out of her comfort zone. Even before Grey she mentioned that she never wears bikini because of her stomach... who cares? Just wear it!
If she doesn't want to workout or make any effort to change her body, she should change her perspective and accept herself. She will probably gain some confidence and stop looking uncomfortable on every instagram photo.

Reactions: 16
Personally I think she has good legs so can wear slim fitting jeans/trousers which can afford a baggy top to balance it all out. I like the whole smart trouser/trainer/trench coat look personally.

If she didn’t come across so pessimistic all the time though. It’s really jarring to see her make these smiley reels styling outfits then for her to do a live be-moaning her clothes post-baby.

Reactions: 23
I've seen Lily in person (pre Grey) and she did have a great figure and, you know what, I think she still has a great figure but she can't get over the fact that she's bigger than she was which now makes her look more average. She's def covering up her new body because she can't accept this is her new normal now. She keeps referencing that she'll go back to being a size 10 when she's done having babies but by then she'll be into her mid-30's and she still hate exercising/working hard for anything so hardly like she'll just snap back to her 20's figure.

I also wish she'd be up for trying something new - she just defaults to baggy and it actually makes her look worse. But everything that Emma suggested was met with negativity. Emma should've sent her a pre-meet questionnaire and then suggested looks based on that but instead it was this weird back and forth with nothing of any value coming of it. Did Lily pay Emma for this? Was it a styling session? I was really baffled by it.

Also Lily is such a slave to trends (I know we've all said this a million times). I kinda feel that when you get to your thirties you start figuring out your own style and maybe dip into trends for a one off piece. But she seems to have to throw out her entire wardrobe every other month and then fills it again with multiple versions of the same thing and then moans that she has nothing to wear.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m sure she knows herself that it’s not that she doesn’t look nice in clothes in general, it’s that she struggles to look nice as a brunette fair skinned 30+ size 14 to look good in the current aesthetic that influencers her age are wearing which is the scandi thing.

The beige won’t flatter her colour, neither will the pale jeans, neither will the tucking in and neither will the over size aesthetic

As a size14 myself although older, still enjoying fashion, I completely empathise as I have the same problems, I look longingly at porridge coloured trench’s knowing I shouldn’t as I’ll look like a fat washed out inspector gadget and Im bloody sick of buying my normal size large from Zara etc only to have to size down to anything from a medium to an x small as they’re oversized and on my 34f chest too oversized just equals tent

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Re. Lily's Instagram story about her foot looking weird in all photos so she hasn't posted them:

Maybe I'm a prude, but what's wrong with wearing a wee pair of socks in a photo if she thinks her foot always looks weird? (Or shoes?) Why does she need to have bare feet (vom) in the photo?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
If she's so self conscious about her body after having a baby I don't think getting pregnant again this year is going to help matters 🤦‍♀️. Why not wait a bit?

Reactions: 14
I also can’t see her coping very well with the chaos of having two children under the age of three. No judgment upon her, neither would I!

So why choose to have another again so quickly?

Reactions: 16
I don’t think it helped that there was a delay on the live with Emma. Someone has commented telling lily to brush her curls through so they look like Emma’s! Emma looks like she’s got a kink in her hair after trying it in a bobble all day.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've seen Lily in person (pre Grey) and she did have a great figure and, you know what, I think she still has a great figure but she can't get over the fact that she's bigger than she was which now makes her look more average. She's def covering up her new body because she can't accept this is her new normal now. She keeps referencing that she'll go back to being a size 10 when she's done having babies but by then she'll be into her mid-30's and she still hate exercising/working hard for anything so hardly like she'll just snap back to her 20's figure.

I also wish she'd be up for trying something new - she just defaults to baggy and it actually makes her look worse. But everything that Emma suggested was met with negativity. Emma should've sent her a pre-meet questionnaire and then suggested looks based on that but instead it was this weird back and forth with nothing of any value coming of it. Did Lily pay Emma for this? Was it a styling session? I was really baffled by it.

Also Lily is such a slave to trends (I know we've all said this a million times). I kinda feel that when you get to your thirties you start figuring out your own style and maybe dip into trends for a one off piece. But she seems to have to throw out her entire wardrobe every other month and then fills it again with multiple versions of the same thing and then moans that she has nothing to wear.
You think Lily is younger than she really is, she's about to enter her mid thirties in November.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.