Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Dogmuck for your first Jack Monroe thread title! A severely impressive debut with 126 reactions 🎉 and the most liked post in the thread! Never been more proud to have been the original OfDogmuck. Always remember the good times, babe.

Recap of thread #68

🎵 It’s the eye of the liar, it’s the thrill of the lie,

Rising up to the challenge of revival 🎶

1. All hail Jack Monroe, for she is but a literal miracle of nature. Physiologists must study her and take samples, because her healing powers alone are to be marvelled at. She needs to bottle that shit pronto. I’d buy it - wait, does she have Patreon?
  2. She bashed her eye on Tuesday, had a CT scan on Wednesday, spent Thursday applying arnica and watching Supermarket Sweep and by Friday she was concealing (with 14 layers of the stuff).
  3. She therefore rallied and made her allotted appearance at the Total Housing 2020 online conference, wearing her signature denim shirt and a clear-eyed expression. The term ‘bright-eyed and bushy-tailed’ fits the bill.
  4. After ignoring several tags by the non-blue ticked hoi polloi, she finally perked up when Jay Rayner threw her a bone and suggested that she is ‘a ‘food reporter who grew up on food stamps ... who knows what it’s like to turn $20 into five days worth of meals’.
  5. 😍It is indeed [her]. Hiya!’ Hopefully she was just holding her hand up to the money / meal stretching, and not to the growing up relying on food stamps bollocks, seeing as that is Not True.
  6. We are now ‘bullying ninnies’ who create ‘sniping tedium’. Who knew, she really IS a ‘scathing essayist’. Also, her cat is above us. I mean, I like cats, but some of us have PhDs (proper ones).
  7. She made a batch of kombucha. Successfully. With rose and Darjeeling tea. Fancy.
  8. Looks like she’s the original hausfrau, because she’s always cleaning house. ** She has cleaned her social media presence for the THIRD time this year. Twitter = deleted posts. Instagram = pared down posts and limited comments.. ** The leaf has turned. It’s a new dawn: Jack Monroe version 539. Just like when Arnie came back as the good guy in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, She’s Back. Subdued, reasonable, polite, using tentative humour - but underneath still a dangerous weapon.
  9. She’s also on a blocking spree. If it makes you feel better, Jack, go ahead. She’s also gained hundreds of new followers (lots from the US) in the Jack Monroe reboot / tags to @lostblackboy.
  10. How long will this new leaf last? ‘Hey new readers, welcome. I write cookery books based on my experiences as a former food bank user ... hng ... this is my most recent piece, it’s pretty much all you need to know about me ... hhnngg ... I also have a propensity to use Twitter as a stream of consciousness ... hhhnnnggg ... and I have a large ginger cat ... hope to chat to some of you soon! Jx ... hhhhhnnnngggg ...’
  11. [One of her new followers]: ‘How’s the eye, Jack? It looks like it’s healed well.’
  12. GET TO ABSOLUTE FUCK, YOU FUCKING FUCK.

[*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one on which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through through 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
    🥴
    One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, and bullying ninnies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that.

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I go out for a fancy af lunch darn south and come back to this!

Ok people, first things first, Especially @help i need some help! and @Silver Linings who seem to have been especially spooked by our Jackie’s legal threats, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do no let her frighten or bully you. She has nothing. Even if she did have something/anything, remember this is not murder, the police are not going to come to your house, you will not be arrested and thrown in jail, this would be a civil action, the first course of action would be a cease and desist letter setting out her complaint..anyone had one? Depending on what she wanted us to stop doing that she felt was wrong (whatever her complaint is) - we’d decided if it was and if it was then we would stop and or remove stuff she felt was wrong...if we deemed it to be.
That would be the end of that. If we didn’t she’d threaten us some more and eventually it would be sorted by compromise.

Sadly we will not get our day in court (would love to see some of those outfits) as this is our Jackie and it’s malicious litigation, she got to court with KH because they are both stubborn arseholes who court controversy.

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that she is a liar and we have so much stuff on her here that needs fact checking, she’d be an absolute fool to take us on. Of the 69 threads with however many hundred comments, she’d struggle to get a handful removed but a judge won’t look at just those he would look at the totality of the situation and as with the KH case would ask why she continually deleted tweets...destroying evidence AGAIN! Better than that the press would have a lot of fun with the receipts we have on here...not to mention some of the absolute comedy genius.

We are not going to, and Tattle wouldn’t allow it either, put ourselves in a position that would lead to litigation. Just make sure you don’t cross contaminate the crime scene by posting on her SM, it’s not worth it and it’s not allowed under the Ts & Cs of Tattle.

This is a gossip site, we are critiquing her food, ailments, clothing, sideboards, wigs...the list is endless. That is not a crime or a tort if it was Amazon reviews would have been closed down years ago.

Jackie couldn’t keep up her Mom-roe persona because it’s too hard for her to be decent and so instead she has had a tantrum and flounced off...she will be back THRICE more at least!

Sorry to babble but hope this reassured some of you that you’re ok and not in any danger. I do think we steer clear of posting any of her NOW private tweets and just wait for a couple of days until she’s back public.
💕

• Heart
Reactions: 104

Don't tag me, there's a support forum!
Does anyone else think the weight discussion should have a line drawn and we agree to disagree? 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 102
Just to say I am going to step away from this thread. I will still be on some of the off topic threads, a distraction from the current life is needed, and some of the off topic threads are a source of advice for me at present.
As you were fraus. x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 98

Adayinthelife

She bashed her eye on Tuesday, had a CT scan on Wednesday, spent Thursday applying arnica and watching Supermarket Sweep and by Friday she was concealing (with 14 layers of the stuff).
did anyone else sing this like Craig David?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
As an alcoholic in recovery I just wanted to address this 200 units a week nonsense...

At the very height of my addiction I could easily sink a bottle and a half of vodka in 24 hours, and that's 36 units. Managed that 3 or 4 times a week - believe me i'm not proud of it. And that is 36*4= 144 units a week. And i'm 5'9" and a bit of a chubster

If she drank 200 units a week she would be dead. She makes a mockery of people struggling with sobriety with her lies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79

MrsOgre

VIP Member
I wanted to add that bag too but can't remember what it's called. I've done a shitty job of the denim shirt, im not happy with it but if someone can refresh my memory about the bag, I'll add it and take away the shirt!
62414A86-946B-4222-BF4E-DF5A53F48258.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

MancBee

VIP Member
Phew, finally up to speed. Just one thing to add:-

You can't polish a turd, but you can put glitter on a brow.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Yup, I've been saying for the past couple of months at least that the behaviour she openly puts out there is laying herself wide open to questions about her suitability as a custodial parent whether by SW or her son's father.
TBH as some one who as worked with children's services I can say her behaviour would have to be a lot more extreme (and actually have happened )

Her child Looks fed, clean and well cared for and I assume doesn't turn up at school stinking of weed. She, as far as we are aware, neither takes or deals drugs, She doesn't leave him alone at home or with random strangers, as far as we know she doesn't bring strangers home to have sex with them while her son is there. As a someone with foster siblings she will have seen positive parenting.

Also. At her son's age, his opinions would be taken very much in to consideration

I am not saying she an amazing parent, and she has made some very public errors, but she is honestly a very long way from losing care of her son. And that stuff about her son watching her breathe is obvious bollocks. I really think she as painted herself in to a corner. Either look like a slightly shit parent, or admit she is a liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
My fantasy dinner party now includes Jackie, Jameela Jamil, Roxanne Pallett, Caitlin Moran and Vonny LeClerc.

• Haha
  • Wow

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
She sounds like a parent who doesn’t see her kid very often who then makes a big song and dance about how much fun they have when they are together.

• Sad
  • Haha