Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a strangely cold and distant way to describe the obligation of protecting her mother
She's unable to see how much of a narcissist she is. A normal response, not that this whole reaction could be described as normal, would be to just say that she doesn't agree with whatever it is she's moaning about. The Narc response is to first make it about themselves ´my priorities´ and ´my loyalties´. Then there's the need to explain and justify feeling protective of a parent by again referring to herself, ´they took care of me`. Quite aside from the fact that she's moans incessantly about how badly she feels they did take care of her, in reality this is what parents should do, it's a given and it's not the only reason that children love their parents. For a narc in need of a narrative it is. Then to end the tweet she makes the point that its not her fault that she's over-reacting -it never is - she's been forced into a reaction by the people who question her and that, finally, is deserving of a threat. Hell hath no fury like a narcissist scorned.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Thinking out loud here...
I wonder if the recent drama, flouncing, blocking etc is to create a reason to hide for a while. Maybe she has had a wake up call, a serious one . Words have been said after overstepping the mark once too often.
So, it isn’t her fault she is blocking. It’s trolls. Trolls that she won’t find amongst us, but if you look hard enough...
Nothing is ever her fault. Ever.
I think she spooked herself with her latest episode of tit. She told thousands and thousands of people her son has to check she's alive while she takes 2 hour naps and then tried to fix it by saying he's used to it 😂 She took the eye thing wayyyyy too far all the way to A&E during a global pandemic. But as you say...she is eternally the victim. The mum/troll thing is just an excuse.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
This. From what we now know, nothing mean has ever been said to her mum, and certainly Eve's (protected) tweets haven't been shared here by people who are friends with her (and @help i need some help! is an ACTUAL friend) - we wouldn't stand for that. What has happened is Jackie's pride has been hurt and she's lashing out by trying to break up a friendship her mum has. Yes, it can't be pleasant for Jack, but she's lying (shock) that it's abuse. I feel a bit sick that she would throw that term about so flippantly (and publicly, as it was obviously for our benefit) tbh - she probably knows her mum will just believe her.
It’s such bullshit, nobody on here is going around trolling poorly grandmothers. She’s such a liarface

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
My favourite recent Jack memory is her insisting that Dishoom isn't a chain. Restaurant PARLANCE indeed 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I think she spooked herself with her latest episode of tit. She told thousands and thousands of people her son has to check she's alive while she takes 2 hour naps and then tried to fix it by saying he's used to it 😂 She took the eye thing wayyyyy too far all the way to A&E during a global pandemic. But as you say...she is eternally the victim. The mum/troll thing is just an excuse.
I’m assuming someone rang Children’s Services, hence the latest bout of SM clean up, plus the wholesome momma content of the last few days. Deepest sympathies to the pastoral and safeguarding team at her child’s school, who have to deal with the impact of her erratic behaviour.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I think anybody whose job involves Safeguarding training would agree.
Yup, I've been saying for the past couple of months at least that the behaviour she openly puts out there is laying herself wide open to questions about her suitability as a custodial parent whether by SW or her son's father.

Reactions: 24
Thread suggestion. #70 Jack's gone Twitter AWOL, nothing to see here.
😂

• Haha
Just to say I am going to step away from this thread. I will still be on some of the off topic threads, a distraction from the current life is needed, and some of the off topic threads are a source of advice for me at present.
As you were fraus. x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 98
I’m not very au fait with Twitter (I have an account but just to follow people not to tweet) - if she’s made her account private, does that mean only her followers can see her posts?
If that’s the case, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for a so-called “public figure” does it? Cos presumably if you’re trying to build a profile and sell books etc. you want as many people as possible to see your output? Otherwise, how do you get new followers? If you have to “request” to follow, I think that’s a bit off putting surely.
Also, most “public” people have a separate personal account (I’m sure Jack does too) for the more private stuff.

Reactions: 33
Just to say I am going to step away from this thread. I will still be on some of the off topic threads, a distraction from the current life is needed, and some of the off topic threads are a source of advice for me at present.
As you were fraus. x
Pop your head in and see some of us in the Food and Drink thread in off topic lovey x

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I’m assuming someone rang Children’s Services
Perhaps her visit to A&E resulted in a cause for concern being sent to social services. This plus the public display of "my 10 year old thought I was dying after I blacked out on the couch for hours", may have led to her sponsor asking some uncomfortable questions.

As you were fraus. x
Best wishes to you lovely x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can't decide whether my favourite moment was her asking permission to leave tattle to go for a piss and a sandwich, or when she make up some fake social distancing drama on the train home from Edinburgh.

Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’m not very au fait with Twitter (I have an account but just to follow people not to tweet) - if she’s made her account private, does that mean only her followers can see her posts?
If that’s the case, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for a so-called “public figure” does it? Cos presumably if you’re trying to build a profile and sell books etc. you want as many people as possible to see your output? Otherwise, how do you get new followers? If you have to “request” to follow, I think that’s a bit off putting surely.
Also, most “public” people have a separate personal account (I’m sure Jack does too) for the more private stuff.
Yup pretty sure only her followers will see her posts, if anyone retweets her the retweet will show up as a locked account to any non-followers. She will gain very few newbies. Her whole brand IS her personal account, she's made a name for herself by putting all her personal tripe on socials since day 1

Reactions: 20
Well at one stage Jack had 9 other Twitter accounts for different personas, so I'm sure she has a separate one...

No it doesn't make good business sense to close her public accounts to the public. I think it's what's technically known as - Jack having a paddy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Perhaps her visit to A&E resulted in a cause for concern being sent to social services. This plus the public display of "my 10 year old thought I was dying after I blacked out on the couch for hours", may have led to her sponsor asking some uncomfortable questions.
I was thinking this. That'll be why she dropped her latest sobriety update yesterday. She knows everybody was thinking the same bloody thing

Reactions: 30
ah, classic Narc behaviour. Gets caught out in lie. Tells bigger lie. Gets caught out...
No way to turn, backed into a corner so they lash out and have almighty tantrum...

Reactions: 33
Actually, I’m pretty sure you can only have a blue tick if your account is public.
So if she takes it private, her account could very well lose the blue tick.
I wonder if she’s considered that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Actually, I’m pretty sure you can only have a blue tick if your account is public.
So if she takes it private, her account could very well lose the blue tick.
I wonder if she’s considered that.
Of course she hasn't!
She'll be told this and then reinstate to public. She is such a brat and completely unprofessional.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.