Jack Monroe #69 I can see clearly now the make-up’s gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps her visit to A&E resulted in a cause for concern being sent to social services. This plus the public display of "my 10 year old thought I was dying after I blacked out on the couch for hours", may have led to her sponsor asking some uncomfortable questions.
It’s a right pickle. She posted it and can’t take it back without exposing herself as a liar.

Reactions: 23
Perhaps her visit to A&E resulted in a cause for concern being sent to social services. This plus the public display of "my 10 year old thought I was dying after I blacked out on the couch for hours", may have led to her sponsor asking some uncomfortable questions.

Yes, it would be normal for hospital staff to refer to children's services if they were concerned. Also, as she has made everything so public, possibly school staff were concerned and made a referral.

I have a teenage son who has got himself into some scrapes (as they do 🙄) and we have had a follow up call.

Reactions: 25
Yup pretty sure only her followers will see her posts, if anyone retweets her the retweet will show up as a locked account to any non-followers. She will gain very few newbies. Her whole brand IS her personal account, she's made a name for herself by putting all her personal tripe on socials since day 1
I don't think you can actually retweet a locked account, so her scathing essays won't get any reach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Of course this will all be played out to be that someone BULLIED her. Or invaded her privacy, implied she snorted coke like a hoover, or sent death threats etc. All the stuff that JM has encouraged her followers to do to others in the name of poverty awareness raising.

Payback is a witch.

Reactions: 27
Has something actually happened or has she done the social media equivalent of when I would runaway from home & return for my tea?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
All I know about Twitter is what I know from here.
So, if her account is private, does it limit the potential for begging from kind folks who may have waay less money than she does ?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Does she have grounds for her self righteous outrage? Moreover, does she have proof that a lawyer is necessary? If the answer to both those questions is no, then she may return to a public thread.
IMO, the sudden protection of family is part of the not-quite-so-Zen-today Mama; the ‘family time’ reference which I don’t recall being referenced any earlier, is perhaps part of the new, improved Jack. My opinion only, obviously.
I am not sure what legal action Jack is contemplating. If she thinks she can act of 'behalf ' of her mum. She can't.

Reactions: 21
I can't see any replies referencing the legal action or her mum, so I think she must have deleted them (or I can't see cos mum is private). Last ones are of the cat from yesterday.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She wouldn’t have needed to make her account private if she’d stayed off twitter and left it to auto-update like she said she would only a few days ago!

In fact, I don’t understand the logic in going private at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She's made a series of tweets which might well have raised safeguarding concerns among people who know her (not to mention those who don't).

I would be amazed if the local safeguarding team have not had a string of referrals based upon those tweets.

Reactions: 25
She wouldn’t have needed to make her account private if she’d stayed off twitter and left it to auto-update like she said she would only a few days ago!

In fact, I don’t understand the logic in going private at all?
Way back on that thread where Jack arrived to shout at everyone, didn't she say she had a personal assistant of some sort, who was somehow unable to work from home, but it was also somehow too complicated to put her on the furloughed worker pay? Maybe she's back and trying to tidy up all the mess? Or an agent is trying to tidy up. Either way, MESS.

Reactions: 23
I reckon she knows, deep down, she's been bleeping up royally in many different ways, and she also sees that people (including her beloved blue ticks) are slowly waking up to her nonsense. It's why she wants to start again, it's why she wants to pull in new followers, it's why she hates that the tattle threads exist. And instead of actually addressing the problem (which happens to be within herself) it's much easier to focus her anger and self-loathing onto another person, in this case one of the cabal. She's trying to regain control of the narrative but the only way she can do that is by having a tantrum, because she doesn't have the emotional intelligence to do anything more useful. #wotireckon

• Heart
Reactions: 57
#teamrectangle, natch.

When a twitter is private does that mean people talking about it are hidden too? Nobody has @‘d her or mentioned her for ages. 🤔
Not that I know of. I think if you follow someone, and she comments on their tweet, her comment is hidden but their
I am not sure what legal action Jack is contemplating. If she thinks she can act of 'behalf ' of her mum. She can't.
Quite - it’s another example of opening her mouth before engaging her brain. With an unnecessary Americanism....

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.