Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Congratulations to @heretoreaditall2019 for the words, and dear heart @Pocahontas for nominating them, over 60 votes!
An exclusive never-before-seen video of how to make Linda’s meatballs in a dry yet sloppy orzo is on it’s way to you.

In our last thread:-
1. Linda McCartney took a leaf out of Jack’s book and started deleting website content they don’t want people to remember...
2. Only kidding! They can’t take a leaf out of her latest book, as she still hasn’t written it!
3. She uses Pythagoras’ theorem 📐literally every day but she’s not telling how until after she writes her overdue book
4. She’s testing all the recipes all at once on one day in one oven, assisted by her ten year old homeschooled son
5. Many interview receipts were provided, which unsurprisingly, all contradicted everything she’s ever said, and each other
6. Where did the kitchen Lino go? Same place as the missing RENT?
7. Allegra has arms.
8. She’s 99% classically autistic and 100% damaging
9. Many more birds are with the angles now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 132

kachoochoo

VIP Member
if you'd told me a year ago I would be spending a global pandemic keeping note of what a vaguely annoying person on twitter (as she was to me then) has said she'd do, I would've requested to share what you were smoking.

now, I quietly sigh and type the words "draw nigella's garden" dutifully into my notes app

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 129

Flash123

VIP Member
F8EE6E9B-8B35-4607-AD61-0223F48F1A44.jpeg

hahahahahahahaha..... what a fantastic hashtag! Jack will be raging this Jack thought of This first.

it also seems to be some sort of MAGA hashtag too!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 123

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
It is still a miracle to me why she does not do her own Youtube videos...that way she could get engagment, ads, and most of all practice to overcome her very amateurish ways when doing TV. She could have full control over it.. but..maybe the Twitter stuff is too time-consuming...well, not maybe.
Because when she does they come out like this

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 115

fauxpoor

I am a current food bank/social supermarket user because I am on a very low income. I thought you might be interested in the variety of tins I have recently bought from there. All tins are 4 for £1, note some also have ring pulls despite THE poverty.
9105CC10-9589-4A9B-8D3C-9F604D00B6E5.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 101

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
Maybe the 3000 words is a tribute to Captain Tom.... she doesn’t seem to have mentioned him yet
“I, like, Captain Sir Tom Moore, am military round the edges. I didn’t serve in Burma during World War Two, as a tattooed lesbian this would have been perniciously tantamount to treason, and anyway, the Recruiting Officer turned down my request to change my wardrobe saying “Good lord, pantaloons on a filly? Balderdash!”

I think, had he lived, Captain Sir Tom Moore (RIP, Viv) would have loved my maverick take on a Burmese Biryani, in which I substitute the rice for the shredded Lino from my kitchen floor and lasciviously combine it with the dark art of Mel Donte prune juice and a dead pigeon glove, found wounded on a paddy field in deepest, darkest Southend”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
So in around 12 months she's been:

An enthusiastically militant vegan (when she had a book to sell)
90% vegan
A bodybuilding pescatarian
A meat reducer (TM Linda)
And now a flexitarian.

At this rate of progression, give it another six months and she'll be gnawing raw meat straight from the bone.

• Haha
Reactions: 93

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Seeing all the comic kitchen discussion has reminded me of my first (terrifying) attempt to create my current avatar by taking a photo of my laptop screen with my phone...

IMG_20210129_231658.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Ah. The end of a long day. I did my first remote directing job over Zoom! I'm actually a bit troubled about how easy the setup was. I think in a post COVID world people will stop sending crews out altogether in order to save money, as they've done with everything else. What you're making ultimately suffers (no substitute for being in the room!) but it doesn't damage the bottom line 😬

Takeaway has been gobbled like a greedy gazelle 😂

Weekend chaos anyone?

It does feel like we’ll never go back to the old ways of working. I had a big day today the window cleaner came round so I put a bra on

• Haha
Reactions: 92

Aardvark

Chatty Member
LMC HQ have messed up. My company works with food influencers (🔺). You plan the content months in advance. Really keen influencers often want to put their own spin on the recipes and this is normally really encouraged by the marketing teams as it helps make the content authentic, with lots of back and forth before hand about what they want to input. This also helps with reach and visibility as the person is often rightly proud of the project and pushes it on their own social channels as well as the official brand ones.

Often the dishes are made multiple times in advance so you can get useful images of them to be used in different formats (YouTube, insta, a print advert in a food magazine etc). If a particular post or recipe does really well with lots of positive interactions often that influencer might be asked to extend their partnership, which they tend to say yes to as they get paid for this as well, and they want to build their relationship with the brand (particularly smaller influencers for whom this could represent a big part of their income).

Sure JM is an absolute liability and a shit cook, but there’s a marketing exec at LMC who should be kicking themselves for not doing the due diligence of planning this campaign properly and getting their money’s worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 91