Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must admit I occasionally draw a spurting cock and balls on random things at work. anon naturally. not proper vandalism just stuff that will be recycled anyway.
(Still catching up on the cardboard toast and whatever fresh nonsense those pineapple rings are on top of) I remember being 38 and semi-drunkenly at the Edinburgh festival drawing a cock and balls on the poster of a comedian I loathe, and it's a fond memory. Whenever I see said comedian on tv I feel justified, bt for the drawing I blame being too well behaved as a child and teenager.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
(Still catching up on the cardboard toast and whatever fresh nonsense those pineapple rings are on top of) I remember being 38 and semi-drunkenly at the Edinburgh festival drawing a cock and balls on the poster of a comedian I loathe, and it's a fond memory. Whenever I see said comedian on tv I feel justified, bt for the drawing I blame being too well behaved as a child and teenager.
I'm tying to guess... Adam Kay? He's not on telly a lot though.

Reactions: 17
DE4BBD57-7496-40AE-9C00-996DBD7B7ACA.jpeg

This exchange and ones like it remind me of that scene in Muriel’s Wedding where the family is in the Chinese restaurant...

Victor’s translator: “You’ve done a lot for the people of this town, Bill,”
Bill: “Who told you that?”
Victor’s translator: “You did,”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I bet she's put in buttered toast because tv Mom (tv Mum?) had double buttered toast a while ago.

Also, how the duck do you have piping hot toast. Sure it will be hot when it comes right out of your Emma Bridgewater toaster, but it's hardly piping hot when served, now is it?

(I know, it's just one of those expressions that feature often in her word salads or letter vermicelli soups)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Oh my god it was a poster of Jimmy Carr, wasn't it!!!?? It was YOU!!!😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 51
So in around 12 months she's been:

An enthusiastically militant vegan (when she had a book to sell)
90% vegan
A bodybuilding pescatarian
A meat reducer (TM Linda)
And now a flexitarian.

At this rate of progression, give it another six months and she'll be gnawing raw meat straight from the bone.

• Haha
Reactions: 93
4978A43D-16C3-4696-92D1-D495E5CB9468.jpeg

Tbf, her output is outstanding, in a perjorative sense. Ask her publisher.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I have to say that in the recent post it's not the dry af toast that does it for me, it's the caramelised pineapple rings with black leftover bits.

It's one thing to have that happen with a dirty pan when cooking for yourself (and then keep the results to yourself), but to be a food blogger and have this picture as an example of your work? To tweet that for likes? How does a person getting paid for this stuff not think 'mmm, perhaps that's not a high enoug standard for the purpose'?

It is never going to make sense.

@Sideboard Bob it was me! I genuinely do fancy Robin... to the point I’ve been watching his performances on YouTube 🥴 My life is a crazy rollercoaster of glove bird watching and Jack grunking at the moment so Robin just gives me some normality. One of my friends used to fancy Simba- it’s totally normal isn’t it?!?!?
I remember a Hairpin post about how fox Robin Hood, from the Disney cartoon, was her first crush and I thought: Babes, same! So I'm not surprised of folks fancy Simba (the adult version of course)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I would love to know where the squiggles see all this evidence that she works so hard. Or is it just because she constantly points out how busy she is and so they think it must be true?

Also, by my count prunes are in at least 3 of the recipes she was testing the other day. I hope she stocked up on bog paper as well as butter in last week's £20 shop.

Edit: I'm still extremely troubled by the thought of using marmalade and curry powder together and it's stopping me from going to sleep.
I’m massively irritated by the fact that whenever anyone ever asks her for something like a recipe of such, she can’t ever send it over there or then. It’s always ‘remind me tomorrow and I’ll ping it over’ and ‘give me a prod if I forget’. I think that goes some way to creating the illusion of such business that she can’t possibly spare 30 seconds to do it right now and is so BUSY that even when she does has time she’ll forget.
To the untrained eye anyway, the fraus can see straight through the faux supreme business.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Guys, I have some breaking news for you...I learned over on the Strictly thread that Bruno won’t be returning from America this year either so I’m thinking...they turned our own Cha-cha-charmer down because they want her to JUDGE! I can see it now:

Tess: Jack, what did you think of the Jive there

Jack: Well it reminded of the time I had to sell my lightbulbs

Tess: Okay but what about the technique

Jack: Well it was ok but it wasn’t perfect so they should have swapped it for a Quickstep. Because all ballroom is interchangeable innit
Ballroom is ballroom is ballroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I remember a Hairpin post about how fox Robin Hood, from the Disney cartoon, was her first crush and I thought: Babes, same! So I'm not surprised of folks fancy Simba (the adult version of course)
I believe I said last thread (can't remember why) that the fox was one of my first crushes. Also Shredder from TMNT.
And yes, I had a bit of a funny period when Lion King came out about growing up, paying bills, getting into a relationship and then dying but also whether or not adult Simba was OK to crush on. I have to stress, I was 9.

OT - For a year, we had someone who donated 8 cartons of prune juice to the Foodbank every week. I felt so guilty if we ever ran out of other fruit juices and I had to put them in people's parcels that I would chuck in extra chocolate bars and snacks etc to make up for the misery. I should have written a note (signed my name, ala Jack Monroe) to inform them of my selfless deed.
I feel like if I needed a tit this badly I wouldn't torture myself with prune bread I would just take Senna.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Morning all. Just finishing a lovely breakfast of mango chutney on toast*.

That pineapple dish looks truly revolting. Is that her attempt at caramelised pineapple? Stewed in sauce of thrice used washing up water? Oh Del Monte you are spoiling us.

*Am I duck.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.