Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noooo, it’s the coordinates of where Jack Monroe met Channel 4 executive Louisa Compton, of ‘she LEFT’ and Brexit tin fame.
That makes even less sense than house coordinates to me, but if that is the shite she likes hanging around.
Most people try and forget their failures and duck ups, not frame them and bung them on the wall!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I recently decided I can’t be arsed to read about Jack anymore for various reasons. I can’t bring myself to quit these threads though, I scroll through looking for the glove/bird pictures, they make me absolutely hoot and cackle and shout ‘mama what japes’ at the top of my voice

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I thought she hated bake off because she + as I am sure she I read her write on here) she cannot bake.
She’s also said she HATES baking, and makes birthday cakes badly and reluctantly, and they’re usually tit, but people have to be bloody grateful about it.

Yet another reason why this “chocolate and prune” pudding came from a shop and almost certainly contains no prunes.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 36
BD5632DC-D5A1-4AF8-81D4-A76ED5A5B069.jpeg

Why is the word ‘Pepper’ mirrored on the bottle? It’s not the photo cos everything else is ok. Wtf?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
if you'd told me a year ago I would be spending a global pandemic keeping note of what a vaguely annoying person on twitter (as she was to me then) has said she'd do, I would've requested to share what you were smoking.

now, I quietly sigh and type the words "draw nigella's garden" dutifully into my notes app

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 129
It's all targeted at the little old ladies. Tinned fruit, especially prunes, things to get your bowels moving, duck all texture or higher up the Moh scale than cubic zirconium, nothing too scary with herbs and spices, miniscule portion sizes, claims of costing pennies or making 20 portions.

She's directly targeting the Winter Heating Allowance demographic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Good point.

46g seems like the right size -

View attachment 423712

Available from Ocado, inconceivably enough.

Want some chocolate sauce with that?

View attachment 423730
I've had the Oggs pictured - they are quite light in colour and texture (tasty tho) but with Jackie's photoshopping who even knows what colour the pud in the photo was originally

In other news, but I feel like it will fit here. My husband is chatting to some friends online. They're talking about baths.
Mr Disco says
"I always associate baths with being comforting - its the reason I drink green tea, it tastes like bathwater"

I have many questions, and I'm concerned about how good he thinks my cooking is based on this.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.