Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank god it's Friday. Anyone else had a bit of a rollercoaster one this week? I've been up and down like a yo yo.

I can't wait to order a takeaway tonight (50% off code yasssss) and open up this thread 😂
Babe, same

I never get sent these discounts but luckily my partner does!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Linda McCartney are missing the point. Employing an ordinary meat eater who promotes cheap food, and who wants to reduce meat for Veganuary would have been a good idea.

Employing someone who promotes the worst kinds of meat, justifying it as cheap, and who has literally trashed veganism as “privileged”, is completely counter productive to their stated aims.

Employing somebody who has done damage to the vegan movement - falsely claiming to be vegan to exploit the community for money and attention - is downright offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Has Jack removed the photo of a LM Veggie sausage with the plastic in it from her social media?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Linda McCartney are missing the point. Employing an ordinary meat eater who promotes cheap food, and who wants to reduce meat for Veganuary would have been a good idea.

Employing someone who promotes the worst kinds of meat, justifying it as cheap, and who has literally trashed veganism as “privileged”, is completely counter productive to their stated aims.

Employing somebody who has done damage to the vegan movement - falsely claiming to be vegan to exploit the community for money and attention - is downright offensive.
Exactly. Case in point is Gizzi Erskine. Whatever people think of her, she’s always finding ways to eat meat of the highest possible welfare, often selecting cheaper cuts of meat from animals proven to have had a decent life. She wastes nothing, either.

That’s what I would be looking for if I was looking for crossover appeal, not someone who pretends that the only choice they have when feeding their child is low welfare scraps of pork.

• Sick
Reactions: 54
Can someone please explain why there's a curtain on that side of the kitchen door?
It hides the Smeg.

Which you can take any way you like - it's all accurate.

On a positive note, they have recognised the negative response and have, finally, responded. I imagine it’s damage limitation now and they’ve chosen to stand by their choice of collaborator. Maybe they’ve now done their research and fear litigation (? Would that even be on their radar ?) if they said ‘actually, it was a piss poor decision and we’re sorry’ - I dunno. I suppose they had a 50/50 decision to make - stick by JM or not. I read in one of the responses that they’re going to answer their DMs soon so it could be interesting to watch 27kViggles page.

'Yeah, it was a tit idea. However, we've already paid her, so can't do much about it now'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
As a meat eater and competent cook who is looking for ways to incorporate more veggie and plant based meals into my diet, I find it incredibly offensive that LM think that Jack Monroe is the person to show me how to do this. When she is constantly undermining veganism, promoting crappy low welfare meat and creating horrific slop that she's bunged together without a thought or thorough recipe testing.

Honestly, I'm a prime target audience for them here and it's frankly insulting. She didn't even promote it on her own social media channels anyway so she was hardly bringing LM to the attention of her target audience. I would love to see the contract.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Just had a peek at Marcus Rashford's Twitter. He's still diligently retweeting details of council voucher schemes for February half-term.

Jack, meanwhile, has a small pineapple.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
How would it reach her audience, when she barely mentioned it on her own SM? Also, her followers turned a blind eye to the way she treated that kitten, and say nothing about her feeding her son tit welfare meat as standard, so not sure that’s an audience they really want.

Sorry that’s Linda McCartney I mean
I was about to say the same! Jack barely mentioned it on her socials and if you’re following Linda McCartney you’re already likely to be reducing your meat content/using their products. So it’s not really helped promote anything!

Reactions: 50
As a meat eater and competent cook who is looking for ways to incorporate more veggie and plant based meals into my diet, I find it incredibly offensive that LM think that Jack Monroe is the person to show me how to do this. When she is constantly undermining veganism, promoting crappy low welfare meat and creating horrific slop that she's bunged together without a thought or thorough recipe testing.

Honestly, I'm a prime target audience for them here and it's frankly insulting. She didn't even promote it on her own social media channels anyway so she was hardly bringing LM to the attention of her target audience. I would love to see the contract.
Even if we saw the contract, I doubt there's a clause in there which says anything along the lines of 'if you manage to alienate our loyal customers to the point of them boycotting Linda McCartney products thanks to this collaboration, your renumeration will be compromised.' It will, however, be a lesson learned and should affect Jack's future brand partnerships. She's worse than just a liability, she's social media anthrax.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I wonder if the old maps etc were the same loft as the cabinet thing she also mentioned finding in a loft.

I’m annoyed about her ripping up the floor. I hope she paid a deposit to the landlady.
If she's taking things from a loft, she's actively stealing from the landlord/landlady who owns the property. (Of course it'll be from one of the previous 180 lofts she's pillaged).

When somebody I knew moved out from their HA property in a hurry, the next tenants found a bunch of baby photos in the loft, along with some other things in the shed. They took the time to contact both the HA and the nearest Primary school to get the photos back to them and ask if they wanted the other stuff as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Babe, same. I am a meat eater, and a good cook. I only buy high welfare meat, and sparsely, plus I use everything and am often subbing with vegetable alternatives. I am probably LMC’s target, too. Like never really gone for meat tasting alternatives, I always either pad out with extra veg or leave out all together. Even reading through the viggles comments I was distracted by the products and actually have put the meatballs in my next supermarket delivery basket. In the right hands they could have gained tonnes of new customers!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I can't keep up anymore but good to see you all continuing the Lord's work.

Those mismatched handles! Talk about ouchy hand roulette every time you try to open a drawer. Will I be impaled by the hummingbird beak or scratched by the rose? Will they fall off as they've been moved around 20 times?
How is she going to move all that crap out of the house when she eventually moves out of the "crappy" bungalow?! Moving is always so stressful, can't imagine how much worse it must be carting all those sideboards about!!

Reactions: 27
I'm still in shock over the Kitchen Aid. I was having a nose a while ago and came across a photo of it (I think it was purple once upon a time!) and thought 'You know what, I bet if a squig asked Jack how she came to possess one, she'd tell them it was a GIFT.' I cannot believe she's attacked the thing with white spirit and paint to make it look like Nigella's 😂 It's funny, isn't it, how she desperately wants to be Nigella but doesn't have an ounce of her grace, intelligence or (perhaps most importantly) ability to cook.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Anyone remember this kid? Seems appropriate somehow
Linda, Linda, Linda, you are not listening to me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Parent and child perished together 😢. (Actually despite the fact I took this for a silly running joke on a thread about an irritating slop maker I do find it strangely moving).
I’ve finally caved and put a sad emoji under that one, as opposed to my usual 🤣

I am, it appears, not made of stone.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.