Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You really made me laugh. When I was meant to be concentrating on an online meeting!

Hope you feel better soon

The fact that the person actually went to the effort to point out specifically where abouts and how many sausages there are has made me laugh out loud.

Imagine you turn up at Linda McCartney HQ ready for another day in your perfect social media job, dreaming of how far you'll go and you end up defending Jack Monroe and her vegan slop 😂

Reactions: 25
I am sorry the kitchen aid incident has stirred things up in you.

For me, too. It is just such a large amount of money to spoil something. It feels very disrespectful...
It's quite telling that she only spray painted it because it was a gift and not bought by herself. She obviously values her own money over other peoples... but we knew that from how she treats her Patreons

I was actually given a food mixer today as an early birthday present from my mum (🔺) It retails at about £100 and I absolutely love it, it works so much better than my old £20 one that emitted a strong burning smell when i tried to knead bread in it. If anything, I'm more respectful of it because it's not something I could easily replace if I broke it.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I agree. I have not been to my office since Jan 2020. I was on strike before the covid world struck. Definitely no substitute to being present but definitely cheaper for my employer

Ah. The end of a long day. I did my first remote directing job over Zoom! I'm actually a bit troubled about how easy the setup was. I think in a post COVID world people will stop sending crews out altogether in order to save money, as they've done with everything else. What you're making ultimately suffers (no substitute for being in the room!) but it doesn't damage the bottom line 😬

Takeaway has been gobbled like a greedy gazelle 😂

Weekend chaos anyone?

Reactions: 27
Ah. The end of a long day. I did my first remote directing job over Zoom! I'm actually a bit troubled about how easy the setup was. I think in a post COVID world people will stop sending crews out altogether in order to save money, as they've done with everything else. What you're making ultimately suffers (no substitute for being in the room!) but it doesn't damage the bottom line 😬

Weekend chaos anyone?

It does feel like we’ll never go back to the old ways of working. I had a big day today the window cleaner came round so I put a bra on

• Haha
Reactions: 92
I’ve been at work today and listened to the children read .

On our Reading Record we write down how much the child has read and if the book is completed .

To my absolute horror , I wrote ‘completed it mate’🙀🙀🙀, TA’s write in pencil so I quickly sorted out that minor blip!
I made a similar faux pas today. I knocked a cup over with my boobs when I leaned over the table and told my husband my boobs are unruly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I’m impressed. I’m so lazy that if my kettle was in the cupboard come the morning, I’d just go without coffee for the day
Babe, same x

My tea / coffee consumption has dropped dramatically working at home as desk is upstairs and kettle downstairs.
So we're to up to 14 hours off Twitter? IRRC the record is 114 so come on Jack, see if you can break it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Weekend chaos anyone?

Fingers crossed! The weather has been crappy rain and high winds all week with no sign of stopping. I used to joke about how great it would be to hibernate in winter. Between Covid restrictions and the weather I've changed my mind. So a chaos could be just the thing. Jack try and come up with something original sweetie 🙃

Reactions: 32
Watching the excellent Fran Lebowitz/Martin Scorcese thing on Netflix and this quote from Fran in 1978 definitely reminded me of our peripatetic sixth former.
IMG_20210205_182542__01.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I imagine this is it*. Even the most understanding parents would be worried and possibly angry and frustrated about her lack of direction/inability to stick to anything jobs wise. And they could probably see through her excuses and reluctance to take responsibility. Incidentally, I have a lot of friends who didn't do well academically at school (4.5 gcses) but who worked hard to retake gcses through evening courses or did more vocational qualifications or went straight into a job and then worked their way up. Anyway, I suppose after she had been fired/flounced out of her 50th job, her dad opened some doors for her at the fire service (which was an amazing opportunity for someone of her age). Perhaps she even put pressure on him to do this, almost seeing it as her 'right', given her seemingly massive sense of entitlement. Anyway, after all that, I can imagine her parents were pretty pissed off when she didn't stick it out. (*All speculation M'lud).
If you have said this and there is a court case, would her Dad have to be a witness to confirm or not the veracity?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
One of Jack's latest follows is a TV production company:
Screenshot_20210205-190731_Fenix.jpg

Which may or may not be connected to this tweet:
Screenshot_20210205-191211_Fenix.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
If you have said this and there is a court case, would her Dad have to be a witness to confirm or not the veracity?
A court case on what basis?
Libel has to be both untrue and resulting in loss of earnings as a result

Reactions: 14
This greater spotted tree creeper chose a bush outside the local private dentist as his final resting place, his family placed bags of jewels to help him on his way to the next life, he has been there since December so the jewels aren’t really helping.
Also if I was paying for private dental treatment I’d be a bit miffed that they are too posh to clear these from the bushes.
Sorry to be that guy but can someone explain the glove thing please? I keep seeing them but I don’t want to be all weird and needy posting pics when I don’t actually know what the joke is!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Found this:

View attachment 421031

She's followed Albertine (Allegra's restaurant) recently too. Something or nothing 🤔
She’d better not be doing a nepotism and getting SB on that show! Might explain her pretending to adore him and going on about how helpful and kitchen-y he is. Despite previously saying he wasn’t allowed near her while she’s cooking etc etc that was then etc

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 76
For the record

Libel is a method of defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures, signs, effigies, or any communication embodied in physical form that is injurious to a person's reputation, exposes a person to public hatred, contempt or ridicule, or injures a person in his/her business or profession.
Truth is not libel

A court case on what basis?
Libel has to be both untrue and resulting in loss of earnings as a result

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.