Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@essexgi
Ooh wasn’t there someone here who fancied the Robin in the masked singer?!
We were spoiled this time last week when everyone was either drinking, shagging, or getting the gossip from Essex Girl.

Ok, I’m laughing out loud here now! No wonder Matt looks so nervous!
Only slopbot is in a Karaoke bar on its own singing the onion song on loop...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I can’t wait for the part in the court case when the judge examines the slop bot files.
The judge will also want to vote in the Sloppies.
Will Slopbot be in the courtroom to give evidence? Will it wear a wig for a feminine aesthetic?
Will the onion song be played, too?
And will Frauen join in after their Pie Jesu?

Edit: for more questions...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve spent the last ten minutes crying with laughter. You’re all so funny ❤

I’ve looked at the photos of Jacks “food” and I am stumped.
Photo 1. A brick masquerading as bread
2. Absolutely no idea. None.
3. Pineapple on something. I’m taking a guess at pulled pork.
4. The one she obviously wants them to choose but all I could think is if she’s going to put a spoon on the plate, choose one that looks clean.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

I’ve looked at the photos of Jacks “food” and I am stumped.
Photo 1. A brick masquerading as bread
2. Absolutely no idea. None.
3. Pineapple on something. I’m taking a guess at pulled pork.
4. The one she obviously wants them to choose but all I could think is if she’s going to put a spoon on the plate, choose one that looks clean.
I’ve just realised that number 2 contains the fruit cocktail minus the solitary cherry our smol pixie has snaffled up. Slow, slowly cooked in the 3 container slow cooker and then rinsed until all colour and flavour has left. With added snails and yellow sticker lettuce.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Agreed! Earlier on I laughed so loud reading this thread that my next door neighbour heard! It sounds like a Jack lie, but I could hear him pottering around, then the noise suddenly paused when I laughed!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Well, Tattles most liked post today has been my cockified squiggle.
Don't think I've ever been so proud🥺🙏🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
Oh thanks for mentioning that 👍 my husband and i are huge snooker fans with the late Alex higgins being our favourite but ronnie is a close second.
I looked it up on amazon and your right it looks interesting he has often spoken about his mh issues and this book written with the help of a nutritionist has a focus on the mind and body connection which is pretty vital to get in balance.
So i believe that not only did he co author this but that he actually follows this plan and tries to stick to it?
There you go jack someone who doesn't just preach but follows their own advice.
Good to see him turn a corner and look healthier and happier than he has done for years after having such well documented struggles.

Massive grunk (again) but I was bought James May - the sensible one from old Top Gear - cookbook, as a joke because I collect cookbooks.

It's really, really, really good. Written by a beginner cook for beginners it's got solid recipes, for almost every meat dish he recommended a vegetarian alternative that he's tested too. Beginner cookware recommends, pantry lists, the whole works. Honestly, the professional approach he's taken compared to the other JM shines through. Shocked I was, shocked.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Mango chutney = Marmalade... oh my lord, I have heard it all now. Her substitution suggestions are getting progressively more offensive 😂

“Ran out of apple sauce to serve with your pork chops? Just use whatever else you can find that comes in a jar. Lemon curd, jam, homemade cleaning solution- it really doesn’t matter because taste is irrelevant and you’re all stupid as duck x”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
For the first time ever I have actually managed to catch up, and am very much looking forward to experiencing chaoses in real time. Apart from when I inevitably fall behind again, because I’m BUSY.
I can’t understand why brands still work with her and why there are so many people who seemingly hate food as they continue to fawn over her “recipes”. A very good friend of mine liked that awful photo on insta with her poor ouchie glands and I feel sad that she’s been hoodwinked.
Back to fizzing and hooting along for me, now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Mango chutney = Marmalade... oh my lord, I have heard it all now. Her substitution suggestions are getting progressively more offensive 😂

“Ran out of apple sauce to serve with your pork chops? Just use whatever else you can find that comes in a jar. Lemon curd, jam, homemade cleaning solution- it really doesn’t matter because taste is irrelevant and you’re all stupid as duck x”
If you don't have mango chutney, you can also use a mango lassie...or...a whole loaf of bread...because all ingredients are the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Massive grunk (again) but I was bought James May - the sensible one from old Top Gear - cookbook, as a joke because I collect cookbooks.

It's really, really, really good. Written by a beginner cook for beginners it's got solid recipes, for almost every meat dish he recommended a vegetarian alternative that he's tested too. Beginner cookware recommends, pantry lists, the whole works. Honestly, the professional approach he's taken compared to the other JM shines through. Shocked I was, shocked.
Well that sounded so good that i bought it (early birthday present) that and More plants less waste by max la manna 👍.
So those are added to my also ever increasing cookbook collection..(i might have to hide them)...my husband is not impressed with living in what is starting to resemble a library :D
Thanks for the recommendation i'm always looking for new ideas/inspiration especially because i've been practically housebound since lockdown...time to get more creative in the kitchen i think?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If you don't have mango chutney, you can also use a mango lassie...or...a whole loaf of bread...because all ingredients are the same.
What was it she said about the potatoes on DKL- she used “standard potatoes” was that it?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.