Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the 'she likes hers chunky' part of the caption that is making me HOOT. Not only is that an awful phrase which makes the food sound completely unappetising, but it also makes me think 'God forbid that Louisa actually wanted to eat food with some texture.' Imagine her cycling all the way back from London, cream crackered after a busy day at work and a thorough workout on the bike, to be met with replenishment which takes the form of that. I'd be dialling up the local kebab house in the early hours!
That's why I don't believe for one minute that they lived that way. Jack does a public slop show and I don't believe that a very well-paid person would let her do a *cough* £'20" shop, not contribute and eat this crap.
I also remember Jack moaning about her wish that she once wants to eat that wasn't prepared by her. And surely if one person can't be arsed to cook but is on a high salary, it would be that person's job to have all the delivery companies on speed-dial.
If I were Louisa or benefit of the doubt another BB person I would also hate it if things were portrayed wrongfully, making me some kind of horrible scrounger...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Can you imagine being in a relationship where you were constantly reminded of how bleeping amazing the ex was, they were a multimillionaire, they had a wonderful house, they had books and TV shows and magazine full colour splashes and covers and your partner's photos taken when they were together show them as healthy, relaxed and happy at all times? But you get a miserable, angry, resentful, 'Well, I didn't have to cook absolutely everything all the time, I'd get lovely meals made for me because she could cook and wasn't off on a bike for hours every day, we just had to nip onto the Tube to get anywhere nice, rather than be trapped in this boring suburban hellhole where even Lidl is too far to get to, there was this wonderful little restaurant just round the corner from...OH. YOU'VE BEEN THERE, HAVE YOU? Was that one of your ''late night meetings'', by any chance, where I was sat here all alone for the entire weekend? [sniff] I suppose you'll be wanting your supper now and not tea like a normal person. [slams bowl of pureed vegetable pie filling onto the table.] I was TOO OUCHY to make pastry. I had to walk all the way to ASDA's, you know. And all the way back, too, because nobody 'needs a car', apparently.'

duck's sake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Can you imagine being in a relationship where you were constantly reminded of how bleeping amazing the ex was, they were a multimillionaire, they had a wonderful house, they had books and TV shows and magazine full colour splashes and covers and your partner's photos taken when they were together show them as healthy, relaxed and happy at all times? But you get a miserable, angry, resentful, 'Well, I didn't have to cook absolutely everything all the time, I'd get lovely meals made for me because she could cook and wasn't off on a bike for hours every day, we just had to nip onto the Tube to get anywhere nice, rather than be trapped in this boring suburban hellhole where even Lidl is too far to get to, there was this wonderful little restaurant just round the corner from...OH. YOU'VE BEEN THERE, HAVE YOU? Was that one of your ''late night meetings'', by any chance, where I was sat here all alone for the entire weekend? [sniff] I suppose you'll be wanting your supper now and not tea like a normal person. [slams bowl of pureed vegetable pie filling onto the table.] I was TOO OUCHY to make pastry. I had to walk all the way to ASDA's, you know. And all the way back, too, because nobody 'needs a car', apparently.'

duck's sake.
and that is probably why SHE LEFT.
It is also difficult to live with someone who is on Twatter all day creating a chaos when the other person is doing a 'normal' and actual job, that must be somewhat incompatible and a turn-off.

Reactions: 46
That's why I don't believe for one minute that they lived that way. Jack does a public slop show and I don't believe that a very well-paid person would let her do a *cough* £'20" shop, not contribute and eat this crap.
I also remember Jack moaning about her wish that she once wants to eat that wasn't prepared by her. And surely if one person can't be arsed to cook but is on a high salary, it would be that person's job to have all the delivery companies on speed-dial.
If I were Louisa or benefit of the doubt another BB person I would also hate it if things were portrayed wrongfully, making me some kind of horrible scrounger...
I've said this before but the way Jack used to talk about Louisa on Twitter made me really grit my teeth sometimes. She would make Louisa sound like she was a firm hand who needed to keep Jack in line all the time (as if Jack was a puppy who needed to be trained) and, to add insult to injury, would then would show her up in front of all her Twitter followers (e.g. blaming her dodgy connection on DKL to Louisa watching the telly live in the other room - I remember someone pointed out at the time that someone of Louisa's position in the media world would know that would cause a monumental booboo).

Reactions: 41
Obvs I really don't want to derail the thread too much - and I will Jack-ify the post in due course, but just wanted to say that this was pretty much how my diagnosis panned out five years ago when I was thirty six - and if it hadn't been for one random psychologist spotting one random comment I made two years before that I'd never have got it in the first place. It took just shy of two years for me - most of that time on waiting lists - I think, all in all, I had roughly ten hours of questioning and interviews, plus questionnaires to fill in and other tests to perform related to reading and analysing. My parents were asked to contribute too - and sent in some report type information based on questions they were asked by the Learning Disability team at the hospital - it wasn't me just collecting opinions! All my previous MH records were looked at and then a diagnostic panel of psychologists/psychiatrists looked at all the information and made the diagnosis of Autism from that - six weeks after all my interviews etc.

There were no 'degrees' mentioned. That's utter bull tit. I'm autistic - not to a bleeping percentage. Yes, there is a spectrum - but it's not defined by 'percentages' of how autistic you are or aren't! Obviously you can be autistic and need assistance with aspects of care, or need full time health care. I'm autistic and can function and look after myself - I'm self employed, but really struggle to maintain relationships/friendships and do anything outside the home. I get all sorts of sensory issues/overload and frequently meltdown or shutdown. This sort of comment - as another Frau said further up, just muddies the water further for young women and adult women who are trying to seek a diagnosis.

I am actually so angry and cross about this kind of bullshit she spouts - it's so ill thought out and damaging. She is completely clueless and a total bandwagon jumper. So so angry.
its cosplay - everything she does. Poverty cosplay non- binary cosplay and autism/disability cosplay. (That f****** wheelchair emoji) She tries it on to see what engagement she gets - it’s sick. Her privilege is to be none of these things and sneak away when it gets ‘boring’. So insulting to people living their lives with any of these aspects.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

duck's sake.
I don't need a lot if imagination, if have been there...and it was hurtful but I also wondered that if it had all been so great, why did the previous thing did not last. Of course it is all speculation with J and L and previous relationships but a partner of a notoriously whiney and unhappy person is a nightmare, you always feel you are lacking, no matter how hard you try to make it and be all lovely...
I am telling this in a factual way, not with self-pity, just FYI, not sure if I am getting it right 😅

Reactions: 28
I've said this before but the way Jack used to talk about Louisa on Twitter made me really grit my teeth sometimes. She would make Louisa sound like she was a firm hand who needed to keep Jack in line all the time (as if Jack was a puppy who needed to be trained) and, to add insult to injury, would then would show her up in front of all her Twitter followers (e.g. blaming her dodgy connection on DKL to Louisa watching the telly live in the other room - I remember someone pointed out at the time that someone of Louisa's position in the media world would know that would cause a monumental booboo).
Yes, judging by what we gathered it sounded absolutely awful and I don't think that we are wrong in regards to perception.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Slow cooked AFTER accidentally turning it into ceviche! I wish someone could explain to me how she is still getting paid to be a food writer!
Fishy cotton wool on brown mushy lentil slop. And cooked in the fabled LOAF tin! 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
its cosplay - everything she does. Poverty cosplay non- binary cosplay and autism/disability cosplay. (That f****** wheelchair emoji) She tries it on to see what engagement she gets - it’s sick. Her privilege is to be none of these things and sneak away when it gets ‘boring’. So insulting to people living their lives with any of these aspects.
The wheelchair made me so incredibly angry. My close friend is in a wheelchair, actually only be able to leave the house when she is well enough to leave her bed.
It takes her and her (many unreliable) carers about three hours to get ready to leave the house. A few times I have attempted to tell her about JM but I always opted out because I knew she would be so upset about JM's self-portrayal. That friend is not the only friend who has got a diagnosis and a disability pension, so I second hand know about the real struggles. JM and they differ actually enormously by the way my friends do not want to draw attention at them, because they want to live ordinary lives as much as they can without getting special treatment as much as that is possible.
Another reason why I am so angry about JM's ongoing drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That’s how I feel about a lot of her ‘second generation immigration’ rhetoric.

I appreciate wholeheartedly that everyone’s experience is unique, but given her background is Northern Ireland and Cyprus, her experience will be radically different than, for example, that of a first / second gen immigrant from South Asia, West Africa, the Middle East or even Eastern Europe.

My background 🔺 is Irish and French (quite the mix!) but I’d never, ever centre myself in a conversation on immigration because it isn’t my story to tell.

I hope that makes sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
how the hell does anyone, let alone a person who spends all day napping and tweeting, use pythagoras every day?!

some of these lies are just completely pointless!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.