Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flivver

VIP Member
The Stylist article (aka ad for Del Monte). Would you take financial management tips from someone who boasts about their rent bouncing each month, locks their debit cards away (allegedly), pleads poverty at every opportunity and uses an account designed for children?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76

hollowhusk

(Still catching up on the cardboard toast and whatever fresh nonsense those pineapple rings are on top of) I remember being 38 and semi-drunkenly at the Edinburgh festival drawing a cock and balls on the poster of a comedian I loathe, and it's a fond memory. Whenever I see said comedian on tv I feel justified, bt for the drawing I blame being too well behaved as a child and teenager.
My favourite Edinburgh graffiti!

theresa-min.jpg

• Haha

Duckypoo

Oh thanks for mentioning that 👍 my husband and i are huge snooker fans with the late Alex higgins being our favourite but ronnie is a close second.
I looked it up on amazon and your right it looks interesting he has often spoken about his mh issues and this book written with the help of a nutritionist has a focus on the mind and body connection which is pretty vital to get in balance.
So i believe that not only did he co author this but that he actually follows this plan and tries to stick to it?
There you go jack someone who doesn't just preach but follows their own advice.
Good to see him turn a corner and look healthier and happier than he has done for years after having such well documented struggles.

Massive grunk (again) but I was bought James May - the sensible one from old Top Gear - cookbook, as a joke because I collect cookbooks.

It's really, really, really good. Written by a beginner cook for beginners it's got solid recipes, for almost every meat dish he recommended a vegetarian alternative that he's tested too. Beginner cookware recommends, pantry lists, the whole works. Honestly, the professional approach he's taken compared to the other JM shines through. Shocked I was, shocked.

• Heart
  • Wow

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Found this:

View attachment 421031

She's followed Albertine (Allegra's restaurant) recently too. Something or nothing 🤔
She’d better not be doing a nepotism and getting SB on that show! Might explain her pretending to adore him and going on about how helpful and kitchen-y he is. Despite previously saying he wasn’t allowed near her while she’s cooking etc etc that was then etc

• Wow
  • Angry

colouredlines

VIP Member
Now it's personal, Monroe!

I'm so offended. My friends and I have been trying to work out which "catalan classic" this is supposed to be, without much success. I think it's Jack's take on sarsuela, a seafood stew, but it shares almost no ingredients with the traditional dish. Crucially, sarsuela haa no beans, no chorizo (there is a weird tendency among British food writers to put chorizo in every vaguely Iberian inspired recipe...it's really not such a big thing here), and nobody makes a stew with tinned sardines!

For comparison. I won't insult your intelligence by telling you which one is a real sarsuela and which one is Jack's.

sarsuela.jpg

20210205_102510.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

MancBee

VIP Member
Just here to remind Jack of the reality behind that Billy Bragg photo
I don't know about you Fraus, but I don't have a single photograph of me on display anywhere in my home. (Though as I have said before, there aren't that many of me anywhere, I hate how I look in a photo) If I want to see myself I look in a mirror. The only photographs I have on display are of my family and friends.

I can't imagine of how self obsessed you would need to be to have half a dozen pictures of yourself framed on the kitchen wall. I can understand people wanting nice pictures of their children on their walls, but Jack doesn't have any of her son. Not one, all her. That is seriously weird, she is really so conceited and full of self importance. So sad that her son is not important enough in her life to have a photo on her wall.

Cue pictures of her son in the background of her Twitter pics.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75

MarzBarzie

I think so too, they're not going to just out and say it tho.
I'd be curious to see the contract, the terms and conditions and how much JM got for it? I doubt it was £50 and half tonne free Vegan Mincemeat.
The viggles have asked directly re the ‘I only work with companies that agree to a charitable donation’. No response yet.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

Cunderthunt

Linda McCartney are missing the point. Employing an ordinary meat eater who promotes cheap food, and who wants to reduce meat for Veganuary would have been a good idea.

Employing someone who promotes the worst kinds of meat, justifying it as cheap, and who has literally trashed veganism as “privileged”, is completely counter productive to their stated aims.

Employing somebody who has done damage to the vegan movement - falsely claiming to be vegan to exploit the community for money and attention - is downright offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

colouredlines

VIP Member
Jack has once again forgotten that she learned to cook during the Poverty by studying labels of Lloyd Grossman sauces.

"Flexitarian" is hilarious. Under non-pandemic conditions we get free lunch at work a few days a week. A couple of years ago, at the start of the course, the cafeteria staff asked us for a list of dietary requirements. We had a couple of vegans, coeliacs, people with allergies, and then...

One guy pipes up with, "How do you say FLEXITARIAN in Spanish? Soy...flexitariano."

The cafeteria staff then had a long session of trying to work out WTF he meant, and after a lot of confusion, eventually were like, "OK, sometimes he eats meat and sometimes he doesn't. Is that really a special category in English? Does this have any effect on us? No? Cool."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73

Pocahontas

VIP Member
The idea of him bouncing in from another room with her phone - the likelihood of her phone being more than one metre away from her at any time is unfathomable. I know if my child came bouncing in, shouting ‘Look!’, he’d get me looking befuddled, not blissful.

Have images of her setting up the trusty tripod and whispering that she was ready for her candid shot, and the sentient mirror yelling from upstairs, ‘That’s the one, darling!’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Peachy9

VIP Member
Often my children will barge into the kitchen and shout "muuuum" (actually my 5 year old will often call me mama- no idea why... Think she finds it funny. ) But I don't think I've ever looked up directly (into a camera) smiling maniacally with all my teeth on show like that. I reckon it would terrify my children, like I was some sort of angry baboon.
Maybe that's just me, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 72