Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's charitable donations are so murky. The BLM money she promised, her wages from Free School Meals, her promise to donate from affiliations with various companies.
We all know how she doesn't donate quietly - remember the food bank donations labelled 'From Jack Monroe'.
It's classic manipulation though isn't it? Promise all these things that give you likes and never deliver. Delete all evidence of these promises. Rinse and repeat. The Monroe way 😕

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Does SB say Muh-Mar (channelling his inner Bridgeton) or Mah-Mah (channelling his inner Italian). I must know.
Totes off-topic by now I'm sure but.. My boys call me Mama but pronounced Mummer as though I'm some of West-Country strolling player.

It started with the now 16yo, I kinda hoped I'd escape it eventually but no.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Hey that’s all her! Remember cartoon Jack ~ for reasons ~
Exactly why it’s so freaky/funny!
I keep meaning to say, I love your location in bio thingy, AND that it’s lasted longer than whatever Jack’s lockdown hashtag was!

Totes off-topic by now I'm sure but.. My boys call me Mama but pronounced Mummer as though I'm some of West-Country strolling player.

It started with the now 16yo, I kinda hoped I'd escape it eventually but no.
That sounds so cute, but I guess it would get old quickly!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Seeing all the comic kitchen discussion has reminded me of my first (terrifying) attempt to create my current avatar by taking a photo of my laptop screen with my phone...

IMG_20210129_231658.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
I keep meaning to say, I love your location in bio thingy, AND that it’s lasted longer than whatever Jack’s lockdown hashtag was!
I was waiting for someone to notice 🤣 has she forgotten all about the clap for new patreons #thundercrap or whatever it was then? I was too busy *clapping for captain Tom to notice

*this may or may not be for the purposes of a joke

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
According to Wikipedia, these are the brands belonging to the owners of Linda McCartney Foods. LMF is the only real big one in the UK but Slopslinger can forget about any money coming from the rest and no doubt word will spread as employees move around (a friend of mine has been employed at a senior level by several household food brands over the years).

Beverages
Foods & Snacks
Personal Care

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Jackie with an attitude
Cooper’s sulking in a mood
Don’t just stand there, nothing to it
I’ll strike a pose and pretend he took it
Vogue
She had style, she had grace. Nigella Lawrence gave good face

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I was waiting for someone to notice 🤣 has she forgotten all about the clap for new patreons #thundercrap or whatever it was then? I was too busy *clapping for captain Tom to notice

*this may or may not be for the purposes of a joke
It‘s perfect! “Clap for new patreons” that went well 🤣
You’ll be SHOCKED to hear that it fizzled out after a week or two?

Captain Tom eh... this masterpiece from @colouredlines may help you reflect while you pay your respects. Now, I don’t know much about art, but I think this and @BlendedSlop ’s full avatar picture belong in The Louvre.

AF571358-B1FB-44E2-8765-F8A94092A4DE.jpeg

ETA. This is the great thing about Jack shhh-ing for a while, I meant to say earlier how much this made me laugh, and @Marmalade Atkins how you cropped it so the “headline” is just ‘my bum hurts.’

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
If she does ever deign to address the Veganuary debacle, I wonder whether she’ll say that On the advice of her doctor, she continued to eat fish and eggs to help with her long Covid. Or some such tit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
It‘s perfect! “Clap for new patreons” that went well 🤣
You’ll be SHOCKED to hear that it fizzled out after a week or two?

Captain Tom eh... this masterpiece from @colouredlines may help you reflect while you pay your respects. Now, I don’t know much about art, but I think this and @BlendedSlop ’s full avatar picture belong in The Louvre.

View attachment 421516

ETA. This is the great thing about Jack shhh-ing for a while, I meant to say earlier how much this made me laugh, and @Marmalade Atkins how you cropped it so the “headline” is just ‘my bum hurts.’
I saw it, I loved it, I printed it off for my bedside table 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
So after the viggle questioned LM, they have to come back after hastily picking a charity they donated to as it is what JM has told the world that this is a prerequisite when doing ads. JM has done virtually nothing to really promote Mel Donte or LM. They both probably expected her to plaster Insta and Twatter with their stuff.

• Wow
I saw it, I loved it, I printed it off for my bedside table 🤣
As you should Alan. As you should. I meant this isn’t the sort of thing you hang in the toilet like a Tracey Emin sketch.

On topic, The Emin is yet another thing so valuable and that so many people would cherish, and she treats like crap, hanging it in the loo. I know it gives us a good laugh, but I guess this is my “kitchen aid”, if I had an original Emin I’d be calling in experts on where to hang it, how to care for it, not stashing it in the loo like it’s Take A Break magazine ffs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
As you should Alan. As you should. I meant this isn’t the sort of thing you hang in the toilet like a Tracey Emin sketch.

On topic, The Emin is yet another thing so valuable and that so many people would cherish, and she treats like crap, hanging it in the loo. I know it gives us a good laugh, but I guess this is my “kitchen aid”, if I had an original Emin I’d be calling in experts on where to hang it, how to care for it, not stashing it in the loo like it’s Take A Break magazine ffs.
Tracy emin’s unused bed would fit right in in the bungalow to be fair!

• Haha
Reactions: 35

You’re right- I sort of assumed the Emin was a sculpture but Inrealise I have no idea. And total narc behaviour to put it in the toilet!
I have an original drawing by an artist friend in my hallway. A few people have commented that it’s not on full display there, but actually the light and temperature are most stable there. I couldn’t bear it if it faded or got too warm!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
You’re right- I sort of assumed the Emin was a sculpture but Inrealise I have no idea. And total narc behaviour to put it in the toilet!
I have an original drawing by an artist friend in my hallway. A few people have commented that it’s not on full display there, but actually the light and temperature are most stable there. I couldn’t bear it if it faded or got too warm!
I’m now wondering if she really does hang it in the toilet, or if it’s a thread in-joke from before my time! In the same way that sometimes I think that Louisa Compton really did steal those Brexit tins!
It‘s definitely a sketch though, I really hope she treats it with as much care as you do with your friend’s drawing.
@Flash123 Tracey Emin herself would look at that kitchen and decide it’s not convincing enough* to be one of her installations!

*ETA as in, no-one would believe THAT chaos is from a real kitchen!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I really thought after the Helmans tit show she would never get a high value sponsership/colaberation again, I was wrong. There must be a limit though, surely! JM does so little work and demeans brands, word must get out

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.