Jack Monroe #146 Can we see the Emin please, cos the rest of this is ugly af

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not feeling too good today, so popped over to IG and cheered myself right up reading the comments.
It seems Linda’s were commenting 5-6 pm last night. The poster seems to get less enthusiastic and more defeated by 8pm. They also seem to have started to reply to most comments but got mixed up. So for example Vig1 posts a comment, Vig2 replies joining in, Linda’s replies to the Vig2 reply only?

Anyway for a laugh I’ve squiggled some of the funny ones
9 Sausages?
View attachment 420504

“...zombies without a thought of their own...”
View attachment 420506
And my personal favourite - “I like Jack”
View attachment 420510
You’re right, so half hearted. Why bother at all? What a mess. I know Jack is hard hearted but I wonder if she ever feels guilty about how she throws a molatov cocktail at companies.

I hope you’re feeling a little better. 😗

• Heart
Reactions: 40
One of my favourite Linda comment is this confused person who clearly genuinely thinks the sausages in the sausage curry are dumplings on a casserole & is very confused by the replies (e.g. 90% vegan lard).
63AD8D15-FE37-499A-98B6-4AB3E94E6EBD.jpeg

PS been away but the spray painted gifted by the muddy puddle of sausage curry KitchenAid brought me back (not sure why that disturbed me more than the ring pull collection but I’ll check with one of my therapists on speed dial).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Any news of Pythagorus yet chaps?
Be better off asking Pythagorus himself how he thinks she could use it

eta: I eat very little meat, but am still sort of overwhelmed by all the new veggie/vegan options since I last properly tried. Thanks to Jack I swerved the McCartney stuff, and I'm not really one to avoid things on the strength of their partnerships, so well done her I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm sure they must always have been there but bloody hell the amount of odd gloves I've seen lying around in strange places since the dead pigeon is astonishing.
Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon innit (I knew it had a name but had to google what it was)!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Thanks for the well wishes lads, it’s the real actual Long Covid playing up. On topic: Jack is a twunt

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Not feeling too good today, so popped over to IG and cheered myself right up reading the comments.
It seems Linda’s were commenting 5-6 pm last night. The poster seems to get less enthusiastic and more defeated by 8pm. They also seem to have started to reply to most comments but got mixed up. So for example Vig1 posts a comment, Vig2 replies joining in, Linda’s replies to the Vig2 reply only?

Anyway for a laugh I’ve squiggled some of the funny ones
9 Sausages?
View attachment 420504

“...zombies without a thought of their own...”
View attachment 420506
And my personal favourite - “I like Jack”
View attachment 420510
The fact that the person actually went to the effort to point out specifically where abouts and how many sausages there are has made me laugh out loud.

Imagine you turn up at Linda McCartney HQ ready for another day in your perfect social media job, dreaming of how far you'll go and you end up defending Jack Monroe and her vegan slop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I'm sure they must always have been there but bloody hell the amount of odd gloves I've seen lying around in strange places since the dead pigeon is astonishing.
Same for me with umbraculas in ye olde days when I left the house. Not been out for ages to have spotted any (g)lovebirds.

Reactions: 18

Yel

God you never know what you're walking into on this thread :LOL:

As if she's developing 14 new recipes in a day, more like nabbing other peoples recipes; making them once with a tweak and a good chunk of the new book is done.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
The fact that the person actually went to the effort to point out specifically where abouts and how many sausages there are has made me laugh out loud.

Imagine you turn up at Linda McCartney HQ ready for another day in your perfect social media job, dreaming of how far you'll go and you end up defending Jack Monroe and her vegan slop 😂
I am peeing myself because I am imagining the social media person asking Jack to point out the sausages in the picture for accuracy and Jack sending back the picture with the sausage chunks circled :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
LMC HQ have messed up. My company works with food influencers (🔺). You plan the content months in advance. Really keen influencers often want to put their own spin on the recipes and this is normally really encouraged by the marketing teams as it helps make the content authentic, with lots of back and forth before hand about what they want to input. This also helps with reach and visibility as the person is often rightly proud of the project and pushes it on their own social channels as well as the official brand ones.

Often the dishes are made multiple times in advance so you can get useful images of them to be used in different formats (YouTube, insta, a print advert in a food magazine etc). If a particular post or recipe does really well with lots of positive interactions often that influencer might be asked to extend their partnership, which they tend to say yes to as they get paid for this as well, and they want to build their relationship with the brand (particularly smaller influencers for whom this could represent a big part of their income).

Sure JM is an absolute liability and a tit cook, but there’s a marketing exec at LMC who should be kicking themselves for not doing the due diligence of planning this campaign properly and getting their money’s worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Sorry the “9 sausages” cracked me up as there are clearly only about 2 cut up into 9 chunks in the vile sausage curry pic. The recipe actually calls for 6 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 might do a cost n calorie breakdown for it

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Why tf has she moved those paper rolls into her kitchen I mean I know this has been discussed but what the hell. Didn't she have them nicely organised on a wine rack in her dining room/office/studio why has it all been crammed into the kitchen just what is going on here!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Why tf has she moved those paper rolls into her kitchen I mean I know this has been discussed but what the hell. Didn't she have them nicely organised on a wine rack in her dining room/office/studio why has it all been crammed into the kitchen just what is going on here!
I assume the light is changing now and she doesn’t need to put the food on the floor in the porch how lovely

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Let me get this straight. 9 sausages a standard pack of sausages contains 8. So you would need to buy 2 packs and take one out of a pack, leaving that pack with an uneven portion. That recipie makes no sense and really doesn't sound very cost effective.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.