Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pinkii

VIP Member
i came across an old favourite scene of greys anatomy..

Derek in the lift and all
Of his women get on. Marks reactions kills me everytime when the lift door opens

Peak greys anatomy, its a shame to see what they have done to it 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 16

dee_mc

VIP Member
I enjoyed the episode but I'm a bit unnerved by how many of the characters I dislike and/or am irritated by!
Teddy, Owen, Kai, Amelia when she is interacting with Kai, Megan... that's too many people, isn't it?
Levi is probably my favourite. Hahn has grown on me.
Still don't know what to make of
Merideth's new fella. He's... nice. I thought she and Hayes had greater connection and potential.
Quoting myself here - can't believe I forgot my least favourite Greys character of all time: Maggie! She's so irritating and so very shrill. I'm not sure about her husband yet - his "miracle" talk got up my nose a bit last night tbh!

Reactions: 13

BonBon27

VIP Member
It’s really annoying me that they don’t seem to have made a decision. I’m sure the actors and crew would like to know if they need new jobs!
I’m very torn personally - I think it’s has its day and a lot of the new series is repetitive. The Covid aspect has been interesting but it’s limiting the old storylines, surgeries, drama etc. I do think it needs to end now, but this doesn’t feel like the strongest series to end on.
Although I do think if Ellen goes it needs to end because doing it without her would just be awful. I mean I feel like I’m IN now, I’m invested, I’ll watch because I’ve stuck with it until now so I might as well. But I’m nowhere near as attached to it as I used to be. Haven’t forgiven them for Alex Karev personally 🤣

BonBon27

VIP Member
I've just seen what Karev did, what a bastard.
He would NEVER have done that tho. No way. Not after all the stuff with him waiting for Jo when she went to get better. It was lazy writing for the actor to have a quick exit but they could/should have done so much more! He deserved better. It literally threw away 15 seasons of character development, he turned into a really lovely man after starting off as an arse! And then it was all undone. If he had found out he’d had kids he would have stuck by them but he would not have left Jo!

• Heart

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
I'm all caught up now, watched the latest episode last night.

I rewatched S17 then S18 bringing me up to date, S18 is quite
good but there is something missing but I can't work out what.

On a side note, been watching the latest season of "Transplant"
which is a Canadian Medical drama, enjoyable.
I just watched the latest episode yesterday. I think the decline started when characters started getting written off in ways that completely belied their growth/were completely out of character, and all the important issues being spelled out to the audience ( Black Lives Matter, social/financial inequality impacting medical decisions/care, Me Too movement...). All super important, but let me come to my own conclusions about what I can do to help/what needs to be changed rather than having a character explain it all in a speech!
I remember one of the first episodes, when a rape victim comes in and Meredith has to carry the perpetrator’s penis around with her in an ice box, and the victim has the same shoes as her. Lots of interesting metaphors/images/parallels about carrying guilt/shame around with you, putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and how it can happen to anyone, with zero preachy moments with the character pointing out the obvious/spoonfeeding the viewer with a solution.

Reactions: 12

mcfeez

VIP Member
Hadn't watched Greys Anatomy til late last summer when I started it on Disney plus.

Have now got to S16 and can I just ask -
WTF is with Alex Karevs ending? Such a disappointment. He literally became my favourite character in later seasons.

• Sad
  • Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
I’ve been rewatching season 3 onwards and I miss how good this show was. The storylines were great, the relationships were so thorough, the acting was great and the patient stories were interesting. I fully support the more topical storylines they do nowadays, but not every patient needs to be a lesson?

BonBon27

VIP Member
I’m all up to date with Grey’s - I won’t spoil anything for anyone.....but I will say that even with the issues I have with it sometimes, the one thing they do REALLY well is cast the actors for the patients and their families. People who pop up for one episode in a tragic accident or losing a loved one or suffering, and you get all drawn in and emotional with them, and then never see them again!

Reactions: 11

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I love jo and Miranda!

I feel at this point like I’m just watching s17 because I’ve committed so much time to it I feel like I have to finish.

Koalabear

Dr Charlotte King is an absolute legend I agree, probably one of my fave characters ever along with Mark Sloan, Piper Halliwell and Walter Bishop 🤣
Mate I've never seen anyone mention Walter Bishop before 🖐 Yesss!!

I agree, Meredith hasn’t had a decent storyline for ages. I didn’t know she was definitely leaving but it doesn’t surprise me. A tenner says she takes zola to some sort of ‘institute’ for young gifted geniuses, zola being the saviour of the medical world and all.
Agreed. I think her and the Irish doctor was a.missed opportunity and such an unnecessary exit of his.

G+T

VIP Member
On episode 3 on Season 18. As a huge greys fan it pains me to say I think it’s run it’s course. Finding it very boring & I don’t care about the characters anymore!
No I'm holding on for dear life that mer just gets her happy ending and the hospital blows up at this stage. I'd rather watch a Boston spin off Tom and avery.

• Haha

Coconutbug

Can I say an unpopular thing... That I have not really enjoyed Grey's properly since Derek died??

I loveee Grey's anatomy and cannot tell you how many times I've watched it (the earlier seasons) but it's just not the same anymore 😢

• Heart
It's taken me until season 4 but I really like the character Dr Karev. Izzy is annoying me and I'm getting fed up with Meredith and McDreamy. I really like Dr Yang too. I miss seeing Addison around. Really enjoying GA.

• Heart

sleepingsatellite

Chatty Member
I’ve stopped watching altogether, but thought I’d watch Meredith’s last episode for closure. I’ve loved this show from day one but it’s too unrecognisable now.

I read on IG that some people wanted a proper tribute where they revisit key moments from her past. They were never going to do that. It would be too much like ‘yes, look at how brilliant this show was back then and how you can barely recognise it now!’ But Meredith wasn’t always the kind to look back anyway, I love that scene with Nick where she refuses to do the ‘pick me’ dance and when she reads the story on the plane to her kids. It’s fitting with how I considered her character, yes she went through a lot of tough times but like Helm says it earns her the right to give zero fucks going forward. I liked it.

ps that scene with Amelia where she counsels the young couple with the newborn, that whole story was played out in the Private Practice spin off and is definitely worth a watch. I’m not a fan of Amelia most days but you understand her a lot better if you watch her in PP.

Reactions: 10

Elvis4525

what did everyone think of s17 ep9? I don’t know if it’s because I just don’t like teddy but I really didn’t like it. She does not need that much screen time IMO

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
I stopped watching about halfway through season 14, but seeing all the spoilers on Twitter about how they handled Covid etc. sucked me back in. Spent most of the Bank Holiday catching up and I'm now up to date with Sky Witness.

Maggie and Owen are two of the WORST characters. Maggie seems to have no survival skills whatsoever and whines a lot, although the way they ended her and Jackson felt like they just panicked and pulled it out of nowhere.

Owen is absolutely awful and the way he treats women is vile. The way he constantly berated Christina for not 'giving him' children and calling her selfish, even though she made it perfectly clear from the start that she wasn't interested in having kids. He just assumed she'd change her mind and treated her like shit when she didn't. He did the same to Amelia, always getting nasty when she didn't want the things that he wanted. He seems to view women as possessions or things to 'fix', despite him having the most issues out of anyone.

cat1312

Yay there’s a greys thread! How did I not know this 😂 Just popping by to say that series 18 is an absolute snooze fest and I’m ready for it to end but after being so invested from day 1 I can’t help but watch it! Every episode used to make me cry - now I only have one eye on the tv when it’s on it just isn’t the same!