Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
I recently started greys anatomy again and would reccomend restarting to anyone, feel like I’m back in a little Derek and Meredith bubble and can’t think about anything else 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

malolo

VIP Member
The problem with Maggie is that she never reacts 'normally' to anything, there's always melodrama to the point of her needing an intervention.

Reactions: 10

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
Is it just me who doesn’t think Meredith is at all dark and twisty? They are the last words I’d use to describe her! Cristina, sure. But Meredith is just not dynamic enough for that, in my opinion.

I miss Karev, him and Jo were great. I do like the new interns but can’t ever unsee the glee connection.
Yes, so your parents divorced and your mum has early onset Alzheimer's which seems like it developed when you were an adult (albeit a young one). Sad, but not exactly the sort of thing that shapes an entire personality. Cristina had her dad die in front of her while she tried to save him and wasn't really dark and twisty. Cynical and driven but not dark and twisty either.

I've also never got the Mer and Derek being goals thing, he was basically horrible to her for most of the time they were together for one reason or another. But then I didn't like Mer with anyone else. She just never seemed actually happy with anyone, there was always some drama.

She's the Carrie Bradshaw of Grey's. Self-absorbed and intolerable.

Reactions: 9

BonBon27

VIP Member
I love jo and Miranda!

I feel at this point like I’m just watching s17 because I’ve committed so much time to it I feel like I have to finish.
Same!
Maggie can get in the bin. Jo is awesome, Miranda is a legend, Meredith is Grey’s even though making out like she’s the only amazing surgeon ever to live gets annoying. Amelia needs better stories and, as I think I’ve said before, I will NEVER forgive them for doing Karev so dirty 🙄

Megansnarkle

VIP Member
I've been working my way through again and I'm currently on Season 18. I've realised who Nick reminds me of - Sideshow Bob. I think the first time I watched this I'd forgotten how Nick came about, it just seemed like he was there and a thing and I couldn't really remember why and how. The second time around I'm just as underwhelmed by his character. He's so meh. I'm actually more anti-him than I am Teddy and Owen.

Re-watching it with the benefit of a bit more time from the height of the pandemic, the Covid season also seemed marginally less tedious.

• Haha

Lollypad

VIP Member
Yeah, the Alex thing BROKE me. And I cannot hack Maggie and Amelia.
I love Amelia but I just never warmed to Maggie, she’s always just a bit wet.
And if we’re on about not forgiving the writers, I haven’t forgiven them for Lexi, and that was 9 seasons ago 😂

BonBon27

VIP Member
I like Station 19 altho I do find Andy annoying 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Private Practice is hard to get into but gets really good! Charlotte King is probably the best character in any Shonda program ever, closely followed by Alex Karev!

capriallie

VIP Member
Meredith annoys the shit out of me :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, I do spend a lot of my day wondering what George and Izzy are up to - then remember they're not actual people in my life :ROFLMAO:
Well George has been dead over 10 years so he’s probably not up to much 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I thought the last two episodes of Grey's were pretty strong and haven't missed Meredith at all. I guess it helps that Addison was back for those since she's always been a favourite of mine. It's been obvious for a few seasons now that Ellen Pompeo wasn't really interested in being in the show anymore - she didn't seem to want to interact with much of the cast and then there was Meredith's Covid coma where she was out of action for much of the season.

I've watched Grey's right from the start but have never commented on this thread because I'm usually a few episodes behind with the show. I still enjoy it on the whole, even though I think a lot of people think it's past it's best and should end.

Some thoughts:
- I thought Meredith's goodbye episode was poor - but I expect she'll be back at some point, so I guess it wasn't really goodbye.
- I hate how Alex left the show - and left Jo. I think they should have killed the character off.
- I cried when George died, not because I loved the character, but because it was a shock (this was back before Grey's started killing everybody!) and I didn't figure out it was George until he did his 007. I was in bits, lol!
- I never much liked McDreamy.
- I've never liked Maggie or Amelia.
- I can take or leave the new interns. Every year we get new interns and I mostly never remember their names.
- I like Jo and hope she gets her HEA with Link. I think those two should get together. And stay together. I'm so tired of all the couples breaking up.
- Jackson and April were one of my favourite couples and I always wanted them to get a HEA.
- I wish they'd stop doing crossovers with Station 19/featuring characters from Station 19 because I don't watch that show.
- I have a soft spot for Chief Webber and if they ever kill him off I will cry!
- I think the show will end on a flash forward that sees Zola's first day as an intern at Grey Sloan. But why does the show ever have to end, really? It could go on forever!

Last edited:

BonBon27

VIP Member
Worst episode since the musical one for me.
I laughed at some of the Owen stuff but other than that, it was boring. When it was halfway through I was hoping it was over 😂
Ah see this is probably an unpopular opinion but I quite like the musical episode!

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
For me I think whats missing is all the characters seem quite separate. Like not lots of interaction with Meredith, no jokes or laughs, no sarcastic humour. Just lots of little storylines that aren't typing up together really.

Don't get me started on Owen and his moral high ground in the last episode.
Ah, yes, the lack of humour is definitely a reason for the decline of the show. Cristina, Meredith and Alex would usually have a good sarcastic/witty comeback at some point and I miss them hanging out together, helping eachother and having conversations that weren’t just to advance plot, but would flesh out the character, help the viewer learn more of their backstory… They have tried to do the Shepherd/Gray Sisterhood, but it is not quite the same.
Owen’s moral high ground was especially annoying during the latest ep, and the reason for it is another trending topic that has been shoehorned into the show. I hope the character who showed up during the last episode sticks around as he/she ( don’t want to spoil it for anyone) talked sense and looked fabulous.

BonBon27

VIP Member
Funny, I hated Derek on sight and never warmed to him so I don't miss him from the show.
Mark took a while to grow on me but by the time he was gone I missed the character.
I can't get behind Greys without Alex though. Big mistake IMO and I'll never get over his shitty exit storyline 😅
It’s not so much that I miss Derek, just loved the friendship with him and Mark and how Addison fit in with them. I’m on the fence with Derek, some episodes I loved him and some I really disliked him!

I’ll never recover from what they did to Alex and Jo. Awful.