Grey's Anatomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed the episode but I'm a bit unnerved by how many of the characters I dislike and/or am irritated by!
Teddy, Owen, Kai, Amelia when she is interacting with Kai, Megan... that's too many people, isn't it?
Levi is probably my favourite. Hahn has grown on me.
Still don't know what to make of
Merideth's new fella. He's... nice. I thought she and Hayes had greater connection and potential.
Quoting myself here - can't believe I forgot my least favourite Greys character of all time: Maggie! She's so irritating and so very shrill. I'm not sure about her husband yet - his "miracle" talk got up my nose a bit last night tbh!

Reactions: 13
Quoting myself here - can't believe I forgot my least favourite Greys character of all time: Maggie! She's so irritating and so very shrill. I'm not sure about her husband yet - his "miracle" talk got up my nose a bit last night tbh!

She is annoying AF

Reactions: 5
I'm all caught up now, watched the latest episode last night.

I rewatched S17 then S18 bringing me up to date, S18 is quite
good but there is something missing but I can't work out what.

On a side note, been watching the latest season of "Transplant"
which is a Canadian Medical drama, enjoyable.

Reactions: 1

I just watched the latest episode yesterday. I think the decline started when characters started getting written off in ways that completely belied their growth/were completely out of character, and all the important issues being spelled out to the audience ( Black Lives Matter, social/financial inequality impacting medical decisions/care, Me Too movement...). All super important, but let me come to my own conclusions about what I can do to help/what needs to be changed rather than having a character explain it all in a speech!
I remember one of the first episodes, when a rape victim comes in and Meredith has to carry the perpetrator’s penis around with her in an ice box, and the victim has the same shoes as her. Lots of interesting metaphors/images/parallels about carrying guilt/shame around with you, putting yourself in someone else’s shoes and how it can happen to anyone, with zero preachy moments with the character pointing out the obvious/spoonfeeding the viewer with a solution.

Reactions: 12

I’m enjoying S18 so far. I like Shmidtt’s character development. I’ve made a hash of spelling his name, I know. I’ll have to try Transplant.

Reactions: 4
I’m enjoying S18 so far. I like Schmitt's character development. I’ve made a hash of spelling his name, I know. I’ll have to try Transplant.
I like Schmitt's character development too, (spellchecked the name)
along with "Helm" as his side kick.

I like Schmitt's character development too, (spellchecked the name)
along with "Helm" as his side kick.
Yes, Helm is a good character for me too. As a bigger lady, it’s pleasant to see a larger than average for Hollywood actress in a part where she is actually good at her job, isn’t just there to provide/eat food and has a bit more to her than the bigger girl best friend. I also like the bigger male character with a Spanish-sounding last name ( something like Lopez or Hernandez, I think).
Owen to me is the worst! He’s so sanctimonious and I detest the fact that he has been married to quite a few awesome female characters without actually talking to them about what they want or don’t want in a marriage. If it happens once, then the same issue arises with your second wife ( different reasons for the choice, but same outcome), perhaps you need to work on having these chats before you tie the knot? The ladies should also have brought up this fairly important point with him before getting married too, of course.

Reactions: 3
Yes, Helm is a good character for me too. As a bigger lady, it’s pleasant to see a larger than average for Hollywood actress in a part where she is actually good at her job, isn’t just there to provide/eat food and has a bit more to her than the bigger girl best friend. I also like the bigger male character with a Spanish-sounding last name ( something like Lopez or Hernandez, I think).
Oh you mean Perez, S18 and his character is building up, I adore Helm, larger than the average but knows what
she's doing.

Owen to me is the worst! He’s so sanctimonious and I detest the fact that he has been married to quite a few awesome female characters without actually talking to them about what they want or don’t want in a marriage. If it happens once, then the same issue arises with your second wife ( different reasons for the choice, but same outcome), perhaps you need to work on having these chats before you tie the knot? The ladies should also have brought up this fairly important point with him before getting married too, of course.
I don’t understand how he’s gotten so many wives 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Oh you mean Perez, S18 and his character is building up, I adore Helm, larger than the average but knows what
she's doing.
Perez, that’s the one! He seems very sweet and eager, would like to see more of him.

For me I think whats missing is all the characters seem quite separate. Like not lots of interaction with Meredith, no jokes or laughs, no sarcastic humour. Just lots of little storylines that aren't typing up together really.

Don't get me started on Owen and his moral high ground in the last episode.

For me I think whats missing is all the characters seem quite separate. Like not lots of interaction with Meredith, no jokes or laughs, no sarcastic humour. Just lots of little storylines that aren't typing up together really.

Don't get me started on Owen and his moral high ground in the last episode.
Ah, yes, the lack of humour is definitely a reason for the decline of the show. Cristina, Meredith and Alex would usually have a good sarcastic/witty comeback at some point and I miss them hanging out together, helping eachother and having conversations that weren’t just to advance plot, but would flesh out the character, help the viewer learn more of their backstory… They have tried to do the Shepherd/Gray Sisterhood, but it is not quite the same.
Owen’s moral high ground was especially annoying during the latest ep, and the reason for it is another trending topic that has been shoehorned into the show. I hope the character who showed up during the last episode sticks around as he/she ( don’t want to spoil it for anyone) talked sense and looked fabulous.

Reactions: 8
Season 18 has certainly picked up for me after last season. I’m really annoyed with Hayes’ exit partly cos I’ve never particularly liked Owen either and I don’t think it did Hayes justice and because I wanted him to be with Meredith 🙃🙃🙃
I don’t like Nick that Meredith is with either 😂😂

Season 18 has certainly picked up for me after last season. I’m really annoyed with Hayes’ exit partly cos I’ve never particularly liked Owen either and I don’t think it did Hayes justice and because I wanted him to be with Meredith 🙃🙃🙃
I don’t like Nick that Meredith is with either 😂😂
It took me a while to warm up to Hayes, as I found him a bit cold/distant, but once his past was revealed, he started becoming friends with Meredith and showed his softer/kinder side, I really warmed to him. The accent and the lovely smile helped a lot too! I think he and Meredith would have made a good romantic match, but was happy enough with their friendship. He had a good bond with Jo too, I enjoyed watching them work together, so was sad to see him go.
I don’t mind Nick, but he’s a bit too impulsive and likes to surprise Meredith with unexpected visits. I want Meredith to find love again though, it would be cool if she ended up with someone who isn’t a surgeon and he could be stay-at-home dad/the parent who is at home more.

Reactions: 5
I enjoyed the episode but I'm a bit unnerved by how many of the characters I dislike and/or am irritated by!
Teddy, Owen, Kai, Amelia when she is interacting with Kai, Megan... that's too many people, isn't it?
Levi is probably my favourite. Hahn has grown on me.
Hahn? is Hahn back in there?

I'd like to see a lot more of Link wearing a lot less ... Coming out of that shower screen... ♋❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.