Grey's Anatomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been working my way through again and I'm currently on Season 18. I've realised who Nick reminds me of - Sideshow Bob. I think the first time I watched this I'd forgotten how Nick came about, it just seemed like he was there and a thing and I couldn't really remember why and how. The second time around I'm just as underwhelmed by his character. He's so meh. I'm actually more anti-him than I am Teddy and Owen.

Re-watching it with the benefit of a bit more time from the height of the pandemic, the Covid season also seemed marginally less tedious.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Meredith’s goodbye - very underwhelming. Ellen signed on for 8 episodes this season, this was the 7th so I’m assuming she’ll be back for the last episode of season 19. Let’s hope it’s a decent goodbye at the end of it all.

Reactions: 5
Meredith’s goodbye - very underwhelming. Ellen signed on for 8 episodes this season, this was the 7th so I’m assuming she’ll be back for the last episode of season 19. Let’s hope it’s a decent goodbye at the end of it all.
She is back for the last episode yes!

Reactions: 2
I'm on Season 14 - episode 10. It's the episode where April's ex Matthew comes into hospital with his pregnant wife, and Jo's abusive ex has been hit by a car. I WFH so its been brilliant being able to binge watch it all again and have it on in the background :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Happy Grey's is back on in the UK day to all who celebrate!

I watched it earlier. Nick still gives me the ick, still can't stand Lucas' dopey face but it reminded me how much fresher it felt than any of the last few seasons to have interns with a proper focus on them again. I'd happily relegate all the older generation to supporting cast in the same way that the attendings were for Meredith's intake (ie. they didnt have their own independent storylines). Their stories have been done to death, I don't care about Maggie's love life (or Maggie at all), same with Owen and Teddy. Jo has no point since Alex left. Focus on the interns and patients again and round everyone out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thoughts on the new episode

- I won’t miss Meredith, and wish Nick had gone with her
- I still love teddy, not fussed about any of the rest of the old cast except possibly Amelia but she’s a bit annoying
- looking forward to seeing where we go with the new interns and quite liked the history repeating itself with them

I’m sticking with the rest of season 19

Reactions: 1
I should be starting S19 soon, one of my subs is due to expire which means I'm getting Disney plus
for just one month. It means I can watch S19 plus the latest season of "The Resident".

I should be starting S19 soon, one of my subs is due to expire which means I'm getting Disney plus
for just one month. It means I can watch S19 plus the latest season of "The Resident".
It's worth timing it. The second half of season 19 is going out one episode a week.

Reactions: 1
The new episode didn’t feel like old greys at all. I’ll stick with it because I’m a die hard fan but didn’t love it. When all the interns were in her house I thought it was a shame they didn’t do a flashback montage of the original interns all living there. It just felt a bit flat

Reactions: 7
What is the chemistry between Meredith & Nick? I don’t get it. I keep watching and I don’t have any idea why. Maggie is also being really lame.

I think I’ve decided I’m only watching for Richard Webber.

Richard Webber spin off please 👍🏼

Reactions: 3
What is the chemistry between Meredith & Nick? I don’t get it. I keep watching and I don’t have any idea why. Maggie is also being really lame.

I think I’ve decided I’m only watching for Richard Webber.

Richard Webber spin off please 👍🏼
There is none. He's such a pick me guy. Always has been. Watching back previous recent seasons he basically just followed Meredith around. The only reason they're together is because he was so interested in her and it served to give her a Beta love interest and reverse the roles from the one she had with Derek.

Maggie has always been lame. She was lame when she 'brought the thunder' and then went downhill from there. She's always whining about something.

Reactions: 6
Watched the latest episode last night on Disney+ (UK so a little later) and have to agree re Maggie, she’s doing my head in.

Was sad to see Meredith go, but I did think that her getting the phone call from Nick on the plane and pretending that she couldn’t hear him was good 😂

Interesting to see where it goes with the Interns too - I really dislike ‘Shep’ at the moment, I can’t put my finger on why.

Reactions: 2
I’ve stopped watching altogether, but thought I’d watch Meredith’s last episode for closure. I’ve loved this show from day one but it’s too unrecognisable now.

I read on IG that some people wanted a proper tribute where they revisit key moments from her past. They were never going to do that. It would be too much like ‘yes, look at how brilliant this show was back then and how you can barely recognise it now!’ But Meredith wasn’t always the kind to look back anyway, I love that scene with Nick where she refuses to do the ‘pick me’ dance and when she reads the story on the plane to her kids. It’s fitting with how I considered her character, yes she went through a lot of tough times but like Helm says it earns her the right to give zero fucks going forward. I liked it.

ps that scene with Amelia where she counsels the young couple with the newborn, that whole story was played out in the Private Practice spin off and is definitely worth a watch. I’m not a fan of Amelia most days but you understand her a lot better if you watch her in PP.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.