Grey's Anatomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, they could start the episode with them both in court and have them be questioned, then, as Owen or Teddy gives their version of events, we could have flashbacks to them doing wha5 they did, then the final scene would be the verdict.
I used to really like Teddy, and still do to some extent, but she started deteriorating when she realised she’d always been in love with Owen. She was great as a cardio expert and mentor, then, once she married Owen, just became a stay at home mum with no interests or personality. I don’t even remember a comment like « Let’s video call Teddy for her opinion on this case » or « Teddy suggested X/Y/Z procedure for this op, I think she’s right/wrong ».
I think the problem is Owen, as he enraged me when married to Cristina ( why they even got together, let alone married is just beyond me, especially without discussing fundamental stuff like having children or not) and was pretty much the same with Amelia . He needs a 50’s housewife/Stepford Wife who will have a meal on the table for him whenever he finishes his shift and who will simply delight in just being in his presence/just do whatever he says unquestioningly whilst popping out a child every year or so. In the alternate reality episode ( episode 100?200?), where he is married to Callie ( yet again, punching, Callie is awesome!), she is the one looking after their 3 kids, or at least, taking them to the nursery/play group at the hospital!
And the thing is, that’s what Beth (his first fiancé) was going to give him. She was going to give up work and have his babies and be the perfect wife, but he wanted someone with ambition and didn’t have the decency to break up with her in person.

FWIW - Kevin McKidd seems like a lovely genuine human, it’s just Owen I can’t stand 😂

Reactions: 7
And the thing is, that’s what Beth (his first fiancé) was going to give him. She was going to give up work and have his babies and be the perfect wife, but he wanted someone with ambition and didn’t have the decency to break up with her in person.

FWIW - Kevin McKidd seems like a lovely genuine human, it’s just Owen I can’t stand 😂
My pal met Kevin a few weeks ago, this was her comment 😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I completely forgot about his first fiancée, Beth! Was she an Army doctor too? Frankly, he would have been happier with her and it would have spared a lot of the best characters ( Cristina, Amelia, Teddy and Callie, even though it was in alt world Grey’s!) a ton of stress and heartbreak.
In the musical episode, I remember Kevin McKidd singing quite well, but his facial expressions were painful to watch- it looked like he was constipated but trying to excrete! He wasn’t the only one, but he was the one I remember thinking hadn’t had any musical theatre training/background.

• Haha
I completely forgot about his first fiancée, Beth! Was she an Army doctor too? Frankly, he would have been happier with her and it would have spared a lot of the best characters ( Cristina, Amelia, Teddy and Callie, even though it was in alt world Grey’s!) a ton of stress and heartbreak.
In the musical episode, I remember Kevin McKidd singing quite well, but his facial expressions were painful to watch- it looked like he was constipated but trying to excrete! He wasn’t the only one, but he was the one I remember thinking hadn’t had any musical theatre training/background.
I went to see Trainspotting: Live at the Edinburgh fringe yesterday, and I’m about to watch Trainspotting because I’ve not seen it in ages. I wonder if he’s got the same expression playing a drugged up Tommy as playing Owen 🤔 I’ll report back 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I hated the musical episode. It made me cringe. I am cringing now thinking about it.

Reactions: 3
I think Beth was just a normal civilian - wasn't a doctor, wasn't in the army, was she a teacher maybe? I feel like that rings a bell.

I think Beth was just a normal civilian - wasn't a doctor, wasn't in the army, was she a teacher maybe? I feel like that rings a bell.
Yes she was.
He also dated the doctor from the other hospital - Emma I think - who cooked and wanted kids. He broke up with her because he slept with Cristina. She would have been a good match for him.

I went to see Trainspotting: Live at the Edinburgh fringe yesterday, and I’m about to watch Trainspotting because I’ve not seen it in ages. I wonder if he’s got the same expression playing a drugged up Tommy as playing Owen 🤔 I’ll report back 😂😂
Was it good?

The show not his expression 🤣

Was it good?

The show not his expression 🤣
THE BEST fringe show I’ve ever seen!! And I’ve seen a lot 😂 decided that I want to run away with Sickboy, much to my partner’s dismay 🙄 going to see it again in October when it goes on tour ahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I hated the musical episode. It made me cringe. I am cringing now thinking about it.
Hands down the worst ever episode of Greys and maybe even the worst episode of anything, ever. Owen in particular made my ears bleed 🤣

THE BEST fringe show I’ve ever seen!! And I’ve seen a lot 😂 decided that I want to run away with Sickboy, much to my partner’s dismay 🙄 going to see it again in October when it goes on tour ahaha
🤩 Brilliant. Just checked & there’s still tickets! Thank you

Hands down the worst ever episode of Greys and maybe even the worst episode of anything, ever. Owen in particular made my ears bleed 🤣
Nah Teddy’s breakdown ep is way worse than the Musical ep 😂

Nah Teddy’s breakdown ep is way worse than the Musical ep 😂
100%!
And that filler episode where it goes back to surgeries Webber, Hunt and maybe Meredith have done - think it’s “The Room where it happened”, maybe series 13. Anyway, it’s one I skip as it has no relevance to current stories!

Look apart from the 8 episodes Ellen will be in next series it will all be filler to me. Like i don't care about new people at this stage of the game. I just want classic doctors or patients back. Like I'm sorry no follow up ever for some of this patients please! No further surgeries. Anyway I don't care about Ameila, Maggie Owen or Teddy. Bailey has been horrible for a couple of years now and how old is webber!?! Let it end pllllllleeeeeasssseee Ellen getting paid millions to do probably 2 months of work and a couple of hours of voice over work of that. Come on Ellen u have checked out. The show obviously doesn't have the views it used to even from loyal fans it just needs to end. I wish writers involved die hard fans in the end cos the ending will suck but it needs to happen.

Reactions: 5
Look apart from the 8 episodes Ellen will be in next series it will all be filler to me. Like i don't care about new people at this stage of the game. I just want classic doctors or patients back. Like I'm sorry no follow up ever for some of this patients please! No further surgeries. Anyway I don't care about Ameila, Maggie Owen or Teddy. Bailey has been horrible for a couple of years now and how old is webber!?! Let it end pllllllleeeeeasssseee Ellen getting paid millions to do probably 2 months of work and a couple of hours of voice over work of that. Come on Ellen u have checked out. The show obviously doesn't have the views it used to even from loyal fans it just needs to end. I wish writers involved die hard fans in the end cos the ending will suck but it needs to happen.
I agree to an extent but the problem with getting the fans involved is you’d have either Meredith waking up from a coma after the plane crash and it was all a dream (Lexi, Mark, Derek, all still alive)or Meredith waking up from a coma after the drowning and George is there too 😂

• Haha
I’ve been rewatching season 3 onwards and I miss how good this show was. The storylines were great, the relationships were so thorough, the acting was great and the patient stories were interesting. I fully support the more topical storylines they do nowadays, but not every patient needs to be a lesson?

Reactions: 12
I can't linger in this thread too much but I've just finished season 3 and I am obsessed!! I know the big death coming in season 5 I think?

Annoyed I didn't start watching this sooner tbh

I’ve been rewatching season 3 onwards and I miss how good this show was. The storylines were great, the relationships were so thorough, the acting was great and the patient stories were interesting. I fully support the more topical storylines they do nowadays, but not every patient needs to be a lesson?
This. I’m actually taking my time on however many rewatches it has been and making them last. You don’t see drama like that anymore.

Reactions: 3
I think the show really shifted after series 6 or 7 and than it was very different post series 10 without Christina and than whenever dempsey left can't even remember what series that was.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.