Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

iz157

IMG_0222.jpeg

Really tough week for grace guys, she had to start the week in hospitality seats at Wimbledon watching tennis and drinking pimms, then yesterday had to spend the day making cakes with her team!! It’s so hard out here!😔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62

iz157

IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg
You can tell she wrote this job role - littered with typos and absolutely waffle. Must have ‘developed high end taste level in regard to fashion high taste level’ - get your applications in now guys!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60

fwooper

VIP Member
The “what we can offer” list in that job advert is pretty funny.

“Fun, startup working culture” - companies that willingly say they have a ‘startup culture’ is an immediate red flag. Translation = your annoying as fuck boss is going to be sending you WhatsApp messages outside of work hours.

“Mon-Thurs at our London office, majority of Fridays remote” - translation = 5 days a week on the office, but I’ll maybe let you work from home the odd Friday if I’m on one of my monthly holidays and won’t need to micromanage you.

I always knew their WFH policy was shocking, but it’s definitely got worse, I think it used to be 3 days?. Requiring essentially 5 days a week in the office shouldn’t be listed as a benefit - that’s an embarrassingly inflexible policy and there’s no need for it.

Reactions: 56

thisisntreal

Also she clearly doesn’t use these as they’re just dumped by a wall when she would definitely already have a washer dryer built into her kitchen or utility room? Wonder if the company take them back after she’s done her fake video or if she’ll just chuck them
You see, the problem with putting everything about your life on the internet is that it’s v e r y easy to catch you out…
IMG_2483.jpeg

That’s the wall she’s taken the picture of them on - that’s the plant, moulding and you can see the edge of the sliding door. There’s no plumbing, there’s not even a socket to plug them into. Great shilling greg.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

fwooper

VIP Member
Can't quite believe she is back on YouTube chatting shite about her Oxford degree again.

- Claims she was writing 10,000 words a week - this one's a classic.
- Claims you would be "asked to leave" if you didn't do well in the exams at the start each term that don't count towards your degree. This is categorically not true. Nobody gets kicked out for doing badly in those start of term exams (they're called collections, and are surprisingly relaxed - I've known people allowed to do them open book).
- Astoundingly, she calls Oxford's rule against part-time jobs during term time 'classist'. It's not a rule, it's just strongly advised, but whatever. She says the logic behind this "rule" is that Oxford assumes people can earn the money they need outside of term time - but this isn't the logic of it at all. The logic of it is that a) the workload is too high to be able to work alongside the degree, and b) if you're someone who would normally need to work to afford the degree, there's lots of bursaries and other support mechanisms that are literally intended to allow these people to study without having to work. What would Grace like to have seen instead? Low income kids pulling themselves up by their bootstraps and working during term time so that she can sell leggings? Calling this classist is fucking moronic, she wouldn't know classism if it slapped her in the face.
- She claims she was terrified she would be kicked out for having a job - somehow find this hard believe considering this isn't even a rule, and there's undergrads at Oxford doing all sorts of stuff on the side.

And that's just the first 10 minutes on 2x speed. There's other sections which are her tips for writing essays and a dissertation, which is hilarious coming from someone who hasn't had written either for 4 years. An hour long video on study tips from someone who isn't remotely involved in academia anymore, just to sell her student planners - the grift is real.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

kendallandkylie

Bit of an ick to tell people they should starting work an hour early (aka an hour unpaid) so they aren't a "victim".

I wouldn't be caught DEAD telling anyone this! Especially people I manage oh my gosh.

I've been told by people that I'm very organised and on a few occasions, a colleague or friend has asked me for tips. I do actually agree that a good to-do list is great for getting everything flying round your brain onto paper so you don't use bandwidth on trying to remember it BUT I also tell people it's good to spend the first 20-30 minutes of their PAID DAY doing this. Stop giving free time and labour to companies ffs.

Reactions: 53

iz157

IMG_0617.jpeg

It never fails to amaze me how many words she can use to basically say ‘make a prioritised to do list.’ Perhaps if she didn’t spend so long on this absolutely nonsense waffle she’d have time to actually do some work.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

fwooper

VIP Member
Yikes. Let me reiterate - they’ve been together for 1 YEAR. (They were dating, but not official last September)

I was giving the benefit of the doubt for a bit but everything about this gives me the ick. He’s 37 - he’s fitting the stereotype nicely of men his age proposing quickly to lock down their 20-something girlfriend before she moves on.

Crazy that last year she was saying how she had grown up too fast and wants to enjoy being a single girl in her 20s. It’s kind of sad really.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

influencersmakemewannadie

“My current life affords less flexibility rather than more” compared to what? How does she think the rest of us live? Asking our bosses to leave 5 times a week for beauty appointments rather than 4 and taking 30 holidays instead of her meagre 29? She’s ridiculous. She hasn’t got the faintest clue of how real people’s lives work

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50

fwooper

VIP Member
View attachment 2370968
Only urgent because urgent so prioritised. Was it urgent? Yes, but tomorrow it will be urgenterer. 🫠
What’s so hard to understand? She’s leveraging her core competencies and using her current bandwidth to prioritise these urgent high-impact tasks in order to be a disruptor in the startup space. By urgently prioritising her workflow she’s making quick wins.

• Haha

sassygoat

Grace Beverley #24 Getting engaged on the world’s biggest stage… freeing her boyfriend from National Living Wage

• Haha

Kiwi657

It’s so weird that she went to Cannes film festival but has never mentioned film or even said what premiers she went to. Genuine question, what’s the point in inviting these random influencers to events they have no relevance to? What’s in it for the brands that send them there?
I was thinking this too. When she put on her story that her "imposter syndrome was wildin" I was like no shit haha. I'd feel like an imposter too if I was a fitness brand owner who had never expressed any interest in film on the red carpet at cannes. Not sure if imposter syndrome is the right word when you actually are an imposter though

• Haha