Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Hi friends. Just a heads up as I know flouncing/airport departure posts are against the rules on the main threads so I thought i’d pop on this thread to say I won’t be posting anymore. I’ll keep my account so that I can still read but I didn’t want anyone to worry where I was, if that’s not arrogant to assume.

So, the MT is now Silver free and can be used by everyone and threads started by anyone without being negatively affected by me.

Love to you all. ❤❤❤

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Unfortunately, when someone who is as sensitive and thoughtful as Silver is called a ‘stalker’ and someone who damages Jack’s mental health (by an outside account who also ‘obsessively’ screenshots) - AND with ‘proof’ of other members who seem to be in agreement with this view of her, or laughably think that she’s a moderator in control of the thread - this means that a lovely poster who is important to how the thread works (as in helps to provide a coherent record of all Jack’s - a public figure on social media - claims and untruths) doesn’t feel welcome to post. And that makes me sad because what’s the point when you want people to be directed to Tattle after Jack’s latest rants, only to be confused with multiple screenshots of the same thing / out of order replies and tweet threads. (Not a criticism, and speaking for myself here, I am rubbish at screenshots and can’t navigate Twitter at all).

If that account and the handful of people he appears to communicate with are so unhappy with Tattle / members like Silver / the moderators, then don’t post here. It’s not a paid for service, you don’t have to feel supercilious and above it. The irony is, he seems to devote his time to ragging members here (plus Go Henry squig, who blocked him, among others who also have) yet he can’t seem to keep away. He keeps signing up and taking part. If he sees Tattle and its members as so completely below him, so amateurish an operation, then beetle off to mumsnet. This site is not a service, you choose to post here and be a part of it. Amusing how he keeps making new profiles and coming back to grease up to everyone.

Again, I’m sorry to derail this lovely thread.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

Marj24

VIP Member
I am sharing the most 🔺 thing about me. I've shared I lost my first born at the age of ten in 2008, grief took a different spin.
I got a little obsessed by the BBC show I'd Do Anything. One of the young boys was not just similar to my son, he was a doppelganger. He was raised 10 miles away from me and went to theatre school less than two miles from my home. His accent was just like my son's I never crossed a line, did not contact him, even though when he was eliminated in the late stages of the competition I nearly did. This is that boy, not my son but he is spookily similar. He still has a social media presence and seems to be doing well. It's not my son but he sure looks like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

colouredlines

VIP Member
As I'm on holiday at the moment, am grunking permanently. The threads have suddenly become a lot more difficult to follow, so I checked over here to see what was going on. @Silver Linings, let me add to this unanimous chorus and say I hope you feel able to come back soon. So many of us appreciate what you do, don't let a lone detractor get in your head.

I rarely remember to catch up on F&D, but I agree with everyone else: the Cabal was vital for getting through all the shittiness of 2020/21, and this remains one of my favourite corners of the internet. Thank you (two words) all for that!

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
1937EE4B-4646-4959-9FDF-E8465C75EC04.jpeg
Thought I’d post one of our cats, this is Dodger. She’s very gentle and cuddly, unless you’re a rodent.

Don’t know how I managed to post three of the same image!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Feel better, fraus!

In lovely lovely news, eldest son asked his girlfriend to marry him yesterday, and they surprised us with the news this evening 🥰 🍾 🍾 . We're all going out to see the new Fantastic Beasts film and I can't stop tearing up. Think they might leave me in the carpark at this rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Django

VIP Member
IMG_20210905_195350_mfnr.jpg

This is my Mini, the daft little girl hid herself in the engine of my car a few months ago but has fixed herself onto me now like a little duckling 🐥
I don't post so much on the MT thread right now for fear of engaging with the person who has caused so much upset.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Fraus, MT threadstarting is no mean feat. I don’t really feel up to it these days but hope to do some in future. And I’m not singling people out, but those threads have 150 regulars and up to 400 hangers-on. It’s the only way people learn!

Anyway bit of a me-rail and a “u ok hon? PM me” type update

I have a private issue going on IRL. It definitely involves some gaslighting etc.
I’ve just found a fantastic piece of information which will undermine them and totally expose them. It’s so simple. It was staring me in the face all along. It’s on a spreadsheet (excel Fraus will know the joy!) I don’t want to say much about it at this stage but it’s a delicious “hoisted by their own petard” situation, and I just had to tell someone!!!!!!
Squueeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Well if it isn’t the consequences of their actions, coming to bite them on the ass!

• Heart

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
This thread is so relaxing, I can’t be doing with Jack at the moment, too much stuff going on. We now have two of our grandchildren living with us permanently, which is lovely, but, bloody tiring.
It’s been a hard few months, dealing with social services ( who have been wonderful) and two confused children.
Long story short, daughter-in-law has left the family and says she has no interest in the children and son has had a complete breakdown.
All of it seems to have come of the blue, but, looking back, I now recognise lots of signs and signals.
We’re getting it together and the kids are fine, it’s going to be a long road back though.
Thank you for cheering me up and making me laugh when it gets a bit too much.

• Heart
  • Sad

Droosie123

VIP Member
Lovely roast dinner with my parents today. My Dad who has dementia managed to cook the whole thing. Despite a stroke four months ago. Insisted on doing it himself, so proud of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Flumps

VIP Member
I think I’ve had a fairly perfect bank holiday Monday. We hosted a BBQ and I cooked properly for a bunch of people for, I think, the first time since the pandemic and for the first time in our new house. Lots of nice meat, homemade burgers, good sausages, homemade coleslaw, tabbouleh and courgette ‘splats’ (courgette and feta fritters).

Also, my pavlova turned out pretty well.

A8A431C6-BFED-4412-87A0-314D47555B67.jpeg

Most of all, it was just lovely to be around a lot of people I love. I feel v lucky and now I have a cat on my lap and MrF is taking a nap.

Does anyone else feel like these sorts of chilled but sociable days are so rare and precious now?

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I think Silver is upset because a certain ‘planetary’ someone is being horrible about her on Twitter. Which is awful. Any mentions of multiple banned members on the thread are removed and most people are aware of this. Accept it.

So, screenshot this:
Silver is not a moderator. If she now feels uncomfortable posting because of what has been assumed about her then I hope you are satisfied.
Re the Harold memes, it was suggested they were dialled down (not cancelled) to keep the thread working well for everyone. Not everyone was enjoying them - as was noted in reports and comments on the thread. So, blame me - a moderator!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Starting threads is a bit daunting, especially if the hovel witch is on a mad one and there's a thread a day but it's actually quite easy although I still have absolutely no idea how Poca managed to do all her recaps. That was truly next level dedication, dear heart.

I always feel like a proper dimwit every time it's hinted that there's a poster who isn't what they appear and I have no idea who it is. I don't want to be interacting with people like that and I hate that I'm now suspicious of everyone. Feel like pure shit, just want Eamonn's cousin and the ethnic furniture back 😭

• Heart
  • Haha

Falkor

VIP Member
Pizza here tonight, because I have an unfortunate childhood memory of fish fingers and cough mixture (not a Jack recipe) that makes me feel sick every time I even smell fish now.

Nibbles, as promised/threatened!

VideoCapture_20220415-184302.jpg

• Heart

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
Hey hey, just to let you all know that Saturn’s most recent new profile (thunderclapforcapers) has been banned. He was Montrachet before, I’m posting the names here so nobody feels out of the loop. He will most probably come back / is already, so if you do suspect that a poster is him (usually fairly easy to spot after a while), please do report for the mods to deal with.

Just to reiterate, he is not to be mentioned or screenshot on the main thread - please report any screenshots or mentions. Any repeat mentions or screenshots will result in a warning. Hopefully this will be the last we will need to discuss him. Cheers all and peace ❤
I don't post in this thread because I struggle with the MT and learning the rules of a new one is beyond me at the moment.
Thank you for clearing this up and thank you for keeping us safe from this person.
I was very confused by what was happening.
Posts disappearing scared the shit out of me because I thought it was related to this tumour thing I have.
I genuinely thought I was getting worse with it pressing on my brainstem.
I felt I couldn't ask because I've been warned for mentioning that person back when I didn't know the score.
Again, thank you, and thank you to the pair of you who directed me here.
I'll head back to the other place.
Slán go fóill.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
im quite confused but wanted to say @Silver Linings i miss your presence already!
sorry if i’m not allowed to bring this up again but i called that Twitter account creepy once and because they obsessively read this forum they saw it and screenshotted a jokey post of me telling a story about how i accidentally went to an S&M night once as proof that i’m the creepy one 😂. Seriously pathetic

unfortunately jack tweeted something i could relate to today, as my cat also wakes me up every single morning by gently punching me on the nose .with her paw. This is my first sight every morning:

C5F7C408-855F-40DE-AFDC-7586AE17A1E0.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Love when they snuggle next to you. My tabby is currently sitting by my head eating my hair.
This one “brushed” some stray bits of my hair out on the pillow with his claws the other night, and then lay on ALL my hair, completely trapping my head in one position. I didn’t mind though because he’s AWESOME

Here he is with his bag for life because he’s a very environmentally friendly boy.

69AB494F-6EFF-44FF-A38B-BC1EADB60321.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha