Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t know Rough Hand Made used to be at Penny Lane! Their ddl croissants are so good, but they’re MASSIVE and I have no self control so still manage to hoover the whole thing in seconds.
Butterholics are really lovely too; I had one of their cruffin things the other day at Crosby Coffee and it was 👌🏼
There aren’t many places over this way (🔺 Crosby/Waterloo) who stock his stuff so it’s always a treat to find it.

i think @Universal mentioned further along this thread about veggie places to eat in Liverpool and I’m here for all of that chat.
I think it’s a great city for vegetarians and have never struggled to find a lovely meal.
Sanskruti Indian restaurant is one of my faves (controversial perhaps but Mowgli really doesn’t float my boat at all - thoughts, Liverpool fraus?)
Buyers Club has delicious food, I wish Pen Factory had a better veggie selection as I really love it in there.
I could go on and on, but would love to hear from others.

And, like everyone else, very sad to see @Silver Linings comment. Wasn’t on the MT much at all yesterday so don’t know what happened, but always found her comments to be tip top.
Not a fan of Maray, but love Sanskruti the food is great plus it’s a bit bonkers as it appears to be staffed by Armenians and the place clearly used to be a Mexican restaurant
Nah, he's not in good enough condition and they have all they need. The model ones are far better these days. All I know via an anthropologist is it's male, most likely of Asian origin, age of skeleton about 30 from preservation techniques, person was likely 50s when they died.

I am not a parent, but I use the skull to offer out sweets on Halloween. The kids don't notice or care it is real! One year I took him to the pub for a beer, sat him on the table with a pint. He also has an Xmas picture with the cats Santa hat on each year to send to friends who wish me seasons greetings.

If it's not obvious from MT I have an odd sense of humour any way so many people thought I was joking about him!
Gonna be a total fun sponge
They are usually Indian men (small bodies, probably very poor) who were “acquired” under British colonial rule, there was a whole trade in “medical school skeletons” in the olden days, it’s a real grey area as to whether there were any ethics involved. I don’t think it’s exactly a Burke and Hare situation but it may not be far off it.

I think a primary school found one a few years and they had a funeral service for him and thanked him for helping in their school

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
After the chat on the MT about Pheobe's Grandmother's cookies, I found this woman who makes TV show inspired cookie recipes. If you go behind the spoiler you will want them too, although a lot of them have mad American highly niche ingredients that would take a bit of extra effort to recreate (cinnamon flavoured dried apple chunks, anyone?).
TW the top banner on the blog is one to avoid if you don't want to see babies/pregnancy/scan photos, or scroll down quickly as it loads.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not a fan of Maray, but love Sanskruti the food is great plus it’s a bit bonkers as it appears to be staffed by Armenians and the place clearly used to be a Mexican restaurant

Gonna be a total fun sponge
They are usually Indian men (small bodies, probably very poor) who were “acquired” under British colonial rule, there was a whole trade in “medical school skeletons” in the olden days, it’s a real grey area as to whether there were any ethics involved. I don’t think it’s exactly a Burke and Hare situation but it may not be far off it.

I think a primary school found one a few years and they had a funeral service for him and thanked him for helping in their school
I’ve not lived in Liverpool long enough to remember it as a Mexican restaurant, but every time I’ve been, the staff have been Indian. Never seen any Armenians in there. Just checking we’re on the same page/thinking of the same place - the vegetarian restaurant at the back of Moorfields station/Old Hall St?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve not lived in Liverpool long enough to remember it as a Mexican restaurant, but every time I’ve been, the staff have been Indian. Never seen any Armenians in there. Just checking we’re on the same page/thinking of the same place - the vegetarian restaurant at the back of Moorfields station/Old Hall St?
Yeah, there was like a whole family (may not have been actually Armenian, certainly not Indian) waiting on, doing front of house, you could tell they were all related from how they looked, and also interacted. Like the older bro was the manager and his younger bro and sis were waiting on. Then another sister came and took over from the sister.
I don’t remember it as a Mexican, but the decor is...sort of like a Mexican, with a repaint and a few Indian bits. There might still be a sombrero.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah, there was like a whole family (may not have been actually Armenian, certainly not Indian) waiting on, doing front of house, you could tell they were all related from how they looked, and also interacted. Like the older bro was the manager and his younger bro and sis were waiting on. Then another sister came and took over from the sister.
I don’t remember it as a Mexican, but the decor is...sort of like a Mexican, with a repaint and a few Indian bits. There might still be a sombrero.
I haven’t seen them any time I’ve been there, I think there’s been maybe one or two non-Indian staff and the rest are Indian. I’ll need to pay more attention next time, Hotes.
Any other recommendations gratefully received.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Alan, is he why you and your BIG PLATE disappeared off the MT?

Your (terrifying/terrible?) cursed GIFS are much missed xx
Well that did seem to be the intention so rather than disrupt the thread I spent more time elsewhere. The cruel dig on there I was directed to after my username was mentioned repeatedly in some to-do he was having with someone, about my mental health, (ETA posted above by poca) was rather too much at the time. No idea what initiated the attack on me apart from that I’d made some good friendships with other users which he seemed to dislike us having, but it’s something I could have done without. I do still try to pop in at times :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I haven’t seen them any time I’ve been there, I think there’s been maybe one or two non-Indian staff and the rest are Indian. I’ll need to pay more attention next time, Hotes.
If you are at the Albert Dock Brasco Lounge - Café Bar - Liverpool - Lounges - Food & Drink (thelounges.co.uk) does great vegan food and just across the road vegan and vegetarian options here are lovely Menus – Salt House Bacaro

Disclaimer - I have no idea what the chaos is but I love this corner of the internet. @heretoreaditall2019 said that this place has filled a lonely hole (only more elegantly) earlier. Since I found you lot I have been divorced, lonely and now in a weird long distance relationship but you have been my one constant.

Alan - I always think of you when I host a family roast dinner and put the food on a big plate. I'd suggest infamy but in the Carry On sense of the word.
Please someone attach the gif ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Well that did seem to be the intention so rather than disrupt the thread I spent more time elsewhere. The cruel dig on there I was directed to after my username was mentioned repeatedly in some to-do he was having with someone, about my mental health, (ETA posted above by poca) was rather too much at the time. No idea what initiated the attack on me apart from that I’d made some good friendships with other users which he seemed to dislike us having, but it’s something I could have done without. I do still try to pop in at times :LOL:
Your cursed gifs are the thing of legend

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Starting threads is a bit daunting, especially if the hovel witch is on a mad one and there's a thread a day but it's actually quite easy although I still have absolutely no idea how Poca managed to do all her recaps. That was truly next level dedication, dear heart.

I always feel like a proper dimwit every time it's hinted that there's a poster who isn't what they appear and I have no idea who it is. I don't want to be interacting with people like that and I hate that I'm now suspicious of everyone. Feel like pure tit, just want Eamonn's cousin and the ethnic furniture back 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Starting a thread is straight forward, sorting most liked thread title not so much, and unless you take notes, the recap to poca standards is nigh on impossible

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Please send picture-o’s of its mexican decor if you go!
I’m trash, I love a Sayers vegetarian sausage roll. I’d like to try Cuthberts for all the baked goods and cakes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I always feel like a proper dimwit every time it's hinted that there's a poster who isn't what they appear and I have no idea who it is. I don't want to be interacting with people like that and I hate that I'm now suspicious of everyone. Feel like pure tit, just want Eamonn's cousin and the ethnic furniture back 😭
I want the taxi driver back 😥

If it’s who I think it is, don’t worry, they don‘t post very often. If they post again, I’ll report them, explain why, and leave it in the capable hands of our lovely mods.

• Heart
Also can I just say I heart the mods here they’re really fair! I’m the worst one for going off topic (Poca nods, sagely) I never know who to believe is real, you can’t live your life like that.

• Heart
Starting a thread is straight forward, sorting most liked thread title not so much, and unless you take notes, the recap to poca standards is nigh on impossible
I can’t get it right, I just can’t count up properly under pressure.
The MT recap template has helped tbh

Reactions: 15
I haven't been on the MT in ages, I was only able to keep up when I was in furlough and not working :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.