Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May this thread provide a safe haven from lunar chaoses, praise beans 🙏

Regular sending of cattos, doggos and rattos is appreciated but not enforced.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
May this thread provide a safe haven from lunar chaoses, praise beans 🙏

Regular sending of cattos, doggos and rattos is appreciated but not enforced.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.
Don’t forget the sheepos

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
thanks for support and chat and all that lads. ❤ I promise I will get it checked. it's just, you know, doing things. I don't like doing things

I trust everyone's got something nice for tea - we're having my second favourite pizza from lidl

I will endeavour to find a fact for #facturday too

• Heart
Reactions: 29
thanks for support and chat and all that lads. ❤ I promise I will get it checked. it's just, you know, doing things. I don't like doing things

I trust everyone's got something nice for tea - we're having my second favourite pizza from lidl

I will endeavour to find a fact for #facturday too
Please do Katoottoot, health is wealth and all that!

Vegan Thai red curry here tonight and, remember, lads:

download.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hardly post round here but often follow the mother thread (when I can keep up). Just want to scream into the void today because have just been gazumped on a lovely little 2 bed flat in my dream location (sadly no orangery). I had agreed to asking price and we had verbal agreement plus I’ve already paid for survey and spent last few weeks planning what furniture I would buy 😭 They’ve been offered £10,000 more which I just can’t beat at the moment. I’m a solo first time buyer and so gutted! When I realised I wanted to moan to someone about this it made me think of our favourite renter and I couldn’t help but share!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
oh, and I seem to remember that jack had beef with otters the other day for some reason, so I need to show you all this bedding I've bought out of spite (ss from groupon as it's not arrived yet)

20220402_182910.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Anyone want some goatos? Our local goat dairy has started kidding.

baby goat.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Ah @Emlo sorry to hear that. I dropped out of a flat sale myself when I started my buying journey. What I thought was a perfect little flat. Then the survey came back with all sorts and the seller wouldn't reduce the price 😅

It was sad because I had my heart set on it. Buying somewhere is such an emotional experience.

All I can say is the place that is meant for you will find you. I got my first flat the following year. It allowed me to save up a bit more too. Chin up lovely xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hardly post round here but often follow the mother thread (when I can keep up). Just want to scream into the void today because have just been gazumped on a lovely little 2 bed flat in my dream location (sadly no orangery). I had agreed to asking price and we had verbal agreement plus I’ve already paid for survey and spent last few weeks planning what furniture I would buy 😭 They’ve been offered £10,000 more which I just can’t beat at the moment. I’m a solo first time buyer and so gutted! When I realised I wanted to moan to someone about this it made me think of our favourite renter and I couldn’t help but share!
Omg what the duck at having paid for the survey!! Will you continue looking in the same area as I’d be very surprised if the surveyor’s firm didn’t let you just switch the address, check your T&Cs as I read mine and you can cancel it before the property visit but they retain 20% of what you paid, which is better than 100% I suppose. I’d definitely kick up a fuss with the EA if the surveyor can’t help you on that though and see if they pay up just to keep you off trustpilot etc? I’m sorry that happened though the stress of trying to buy somewhere is utter hell without idiots pulling fast ones on you!

KCC glad you’re going to the doctors! It’s a lot less scary than you think it’ll be ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
K, so I've not got a fact I'm afraid, but I feel the need to share this twitter account with you all. it's a webcam that's trained on a peregrine nest on top of a church next door to the university in sheffield city centre.

the parents have just laid 4 eggs and there's a big following who keep their eyes on it. it's lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I haven’t replied properly to f&d for a while but wanted to send my love to anyone feeling unwell. Kachoo I completely get what you mean about having to actually do things but you’ll feel so much better once you’ve been checked out.

K, so I've not got a fact I'm afraid, but I feel the need to share this twitter account with you all. it's a webcam that's trained on a peregrine nest on top of a church next door to the university in sheffield city centre.

the parents have just laid 4 eggs and there's a big following who keep their eyes on it. it's lovely

Thanks for sharing, I love wildlife cameras like this. There’s so many different animals to choose from on YouTube I waste so much time watching them!

• Heart
Omg what the duck at having paid for the survey!! Will you continue looking in the same area as I’d be very surprised if the surveyor’s firm didn’t let you just switch the address, check your T&Cs as I read mine and you can cancel it before the property visit but they retain 20% of what you paid, which is better than 100% I suppose. I’d definitely kick up a fuss with the EA if the surveyor can’t help you on that though and see if they pay up just to keep you off trustpilot etc? I’m sorry that happened though the stress of trying to buy somewhere is utter hell without idiots pulling fast ones on you!

KCC glad you’re going to the doctors! It’s a lot less scary than you think it’ll be ❤
Thank you. It’s all new to me and I’ve just been doing what I was told to do but seems in reality anything goes! I only found out this afternoon and was just a bit shocked on phone to EA so will speak to surveyor/ EA again on Monday and see what they say. Thing is they have already done the survey and written the report and everything so clearly they deserve to be paid for that work 🤷‍♀️ I don’t have homebuyer’s protection insurance or anything so assume I just have to suck up the £445 loss 😭 the flat was in a very picturesque location and there’s nothing similar on the market at the moment so back to square one!

Anyway just to keep it slightly on topic I just comfort baked these https://www.janespatisserie.com/2019/05/22/millionaires-cookie-bars/ millionaire cookie bars and honestly it’s one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth. My poor photography/ presentation absolutely does not do the taste justice 😆
AD1EB3C6-D924-4FD3-96EC-382A51591F5A.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Oh, Kach, I love this, but there is one in my parentals’ city and I get WhatsApps about them ALL THE TIME. It has been going on for YEARS. Sometimes, they think (when the eggs have hatched) a chick has fallen out/been eaten in some way/died in another way and I get a sob story.

I reply with the tales of student skip fires, students thinking my house is hosting a party and students putting cones in the shape of a reproductive organ in the street so no one can drive out. It’s ok. I use their bins. Not for goats.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Thank you. It’s all new to me and I’ve just been doing what I was told to do but seems in reality anything goes! I only found out this afternoon and was just a bit shocked on phone to EA so will speak to surveyor/ EA again on Monday and see what they say. Thing is they have already done the survey and written the report and everything so clearly they deserve to be paid for that work 🤷‍♀️ I don’t have homebuyer’s protection insurance or anything so assume I just have to suck up the £445 loss 😭 the flat was in a very picturesque location and there’s nothing similar on the market at the moment so back to square one!

Anyway just to keep it slightly on topic I just comfort baked these https://www.janespatisserie.com/2019/05/22/millionaires-cookie-bars/ millionaire cookie bars and honestly it’s one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth. My poor photography/ presentation absolutely does not do the taste justice 😆 View attachment 1167209
Oh sugar I’m so sorry I hadn’t realised it had happened. Definitely would get back to the EA on that as it should have been marked as sold STC so surely new offers can’t have come in - I’m perplexed as to how that was even allowed to happen? Maybe check in with your solicitor to see if they have any advice? The problem is the new buyer won’t even want to buy it off you as they’ll rightly want to chose their own surveyor!

The whole process is just insane tbh. Sadly losing out on houses is very normal as Emmapism said. Our first purchase we lost out on one (which btw was a blessing in disguise as a few years later a major crime that made national news happened on that road so I’m SO glad now!) and our current purchase we’re on house…4? I think? I can’t quite remember 😬 It is really hard to roll with all these punches as you do get emotionally invested don’t you, so solidarity :( x

• Heart
Apols to the sheepos, how could I forget sheepos! Lovely to see a goato and otteros too. Just going save time and climb into a coffin now as spite bedding has nearly finished me.

Here's a pretzel cat. Good luck working out what's going on here. I'm not fully convinced she has all the bones she ought to have.

pretzel.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Tree kangaroo, they live in Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Probably not as cranky as regular 'roos. Very cute and probably shy.
C7A8F1EE-7C24-48A7-B628-25EBC3850B00.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Tree kangaroo, they live in Queensland and Papua New Guinea. Probably not as cranky as regular 'roos. Very cute and probably shy.View attachment 1167583
I can’t get over how cute this is. And wow, they’ve chosen to amazing places in the world to settle in.
I’m screaming at the notion your cats could be boring. Yeah they just amuse, entertain and are adored by people literally all over the world. So dull 😜

Same with Sideboard Cat, TS, I love her so much, she‘s such a unique entity.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.