Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He weighs around 13 kilos! He was the runt of the litter with a skinny tail and enormous ears.
I love him like crazy though, even when he's invading my personal space.
13 kilos!!! That’s almost more than me 😉😂

Happy Easter, cabal. I am happy to report that, after this morning’s egg hunt, Littlest Bellend is off his tits on sugar, and the rest of us are watching with great amusement 🤣

PS big hugs to all those suffering with illness either physical, mental or both. I’ve suffered with depression and PTSD for years, and my heart goes out to you all. It wonderful that this is a safe space where we can be open and discuss stuff like this. I’m glad I found you corner of ninnies…Mrs. B says hello (and to let you all know she’s still swearing at me intermittently 😂)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Lovely roast dinner with my parents today. My Dad who has dementia managed to cook the whole thing. Despite a stroke four months ago. Insisted on doing it himself, so proud of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Lovely roast dinner with my parents today. My Dad who has dementia managed to cook the whole thing. Despite a stroke four months ago. Insisted on doing it himself, so proud of him.
That’s fantastic. Truly tenacious and spirited! We had a family roast, too. I prepped the chicken and studded it with garlic and Rosemary (and made Nadiya’s blueberry ice cream freezer cake - highly recommended, demolished almost before I took it out of the freezer), Mrs. B made some fabulous Yorkshires, and Biggest and Middle Bellend sorted the roast spuds and other assorted veg/gravy. Very thankful for my family today.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My mum made klefitko for us all. I think she did it wrong though as it wasn’t at all sloppy and was delicious.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
We're looking resplendent in our hats, Poca Cat is gorgeous and the duck thread is back, what a day! Sideboard Cat thanks you for all your birthday wishes. She's had all her favourite things: a vigorous brushing, some treats that she ate out of my hand and a roll around in her toy box. She was very taken with a rattly white mouse that she carried in her mouth around the living room and kitchen for ages before she dumped it at my feet and I realised she actually wanted to play fetch! Bless her, I think she felt she had to prove she's not over the hill yet.

sideboard cat plays fetch.png

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I ended up going to the fair for a bit with my nephew & nieces. My SiL and I were a labelled a shan by my nephew because we went on a couple of rides 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
We're looking resplendent in our hats, Poca Cat is gorgeous and the duck thread is back, what a day! Sideboard Cat thanks you for all your birthday wishes. She's had all her favourite things: a vigorous brushing, some treats that she ate out of my hand and a roll around in her toy box. She was very taken with a rattly white mouse that she carried in her mouth around the living room and kitchen for ages before she dumped it at my feet and I realised she actually wanted to play fetch! Bless her, I think she felt she had to prove she's not over the hill yet.

View attachment 1201134
She’s such a beautiful little night shadow.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

View attachment 1201134
I always find it funny how cats get fixated with certain toys, mine has a similar mouse , do you thing they actually think they see, like mice or are they just humouring us?

• Haha
  • Heart
I always find it funny how cats get fixated with certain toys, mine has a similar mouse , do you thing they actually think they see, like mice or are they just humouring us?
Having had my cats for four years now I'd say they're humouring us! Mind my little tuxedo twit had a pink furry rectangle thing she would carry everywhere til it got destroyed. Always bringing it over to play with or rolling round like an idiot trying to kill it bless her. The Rag Doll cross loves his brush too, soon as he sees it or hears me brushing his perch he's over making his daft meeping sounds.

Eta: Anyone bought the catnip flavour Dreamies yet? Causing proper rows in our house they are

• Haha
Happy Easter all! TeapotCat did a chaos, and our lunch was disrupted so I could take him to the emergency vet to be glued back together 😬. How do they know when it’s a bank holiday?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Catnip Dreamies? Will see if I can get some. Mine is a bit annoyed as I'm feeding a friend's cat this week, so come home smelling of him and beer - as the pub is almost on the way home!
Hope everyone had a good day. I gave myself brain freeze by guzzling a slushy half way round my bike ride. At least it was warm today - short sleeves for the first time this year.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
The mood is not brought down. Thank you for saying it. Depression is hard to talk about, so let's change that. I mean, anythingis hard to talk about when depression is in the building... Can you ask for a few shorter days if you need them in your first week back? A plan may be of

thanks wooh. I'm gonna stick to my normal hours cos mr kcc drops me off and picks me up, which is just so much easier than having to walk or get the tram on my own

on top of *everything* our cooker decided to pack in this weekend. the switch on the wall just won't stay 'on' and somehow sets the smoke alarm off when it switches off?? we RENT, so we don't have to worry about paying for it looking at, but it's still a such a hassle

and, of course, no cooker meant no curry for my tea tonight :( had popcorn chicken and chips, thank duck for the air fryer

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Our tiny seder went surprisingly well, hadn't realised how much I'd missed cooking for people not obliged by familial bonds to be enthusiastic about my food (big fan of I do not want what I cannot have) so surfed through yesterday on endorphins and leftovers but have crashed today. Had actual plans to leave the house but am aching all over and have retreated back to bed. Feels like a shocking waste of a sunny day so am trying to practice gratitude for the view from by bedroom window (trees, jackdaws very busily dropping twigs down a neighbours' chimney)
Yeah but you’ve done a lot, you deserve a rest. There will be a sunny day again soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
When Thor was little he carried a shoelace everywhere, it was the funniest thing. He'd do a little growl while he was walking then drop it wherever he wanted to sit or play. Apparently his mum did the same thing! I was kind of sad when he grew out of it.
The most kicked-about toy here is still the furry carrot. They really go to town on it, I'm surprised it's lasted so long although it is a Kong and they're good quality toys.

• Heart
Happy Easter everyone, and happy belated birthday Sideboard Cat! Totally get the missing animals if away for even a day thing, I see the Jay-cloth dogs once a week and I miss them for the other 6 days. I'm also obsessively stalking the litter of puppies we will have one of on the FB group and get agitated if the daily pics aren't up by the time I check 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Morning Ninnies. TeapotCat is looking a bit like a maiden Victorian aunt today, needless to say he’s furious.
B9A208B3-5F9D-4C85-A44B-042949220438.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Loving the cattos
My lot have been trying to convince me that they have never ever been fed in their entire lives, despite the fact they have a constant supply of biscuits….
Have work to do today even though it’s a BH but had a lovely week off and long weekend
Hope everyone has a great day

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.