Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loving the doggo, catto, bunno and horseo pics! I am on a train and everyone seems to be sneezing :sick: send healthos

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Completely off topic but I have made the decision to drop a day in work and go to 4 days a week. I just cant keep up with the domestic side of life and end up spending my weekends doing it when we should be doing things as a family.

Anyway - does anyone else do 4 days? What day is best to have off? I have an important meeting every Friday that someone else could do in theory as I think it would be good to have a longer weekend break. Or should I take the Wednesday to break the week up?

I have always worked full time so this feels like a big thing for me but in the grand scheme of things I know its not,

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Loving the doggo, catto, bunno and horseo pics! I am on a train and everyone seems to be sneezing :sick: send healthos
Sending you some Melbourne sunshine! We are having an early Autumn burst of warm weather, it's going to be high to mid twenties this weekend.
We've had mask restrictions lifted but I still wore one on the train today, people are gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Completely off topic but I have made the decision to drop a day in work and go to 4 days a week. I just cant keep up with the domestic side of life and end up spending my weekends doing it when we should be doing things as a family.

Anyway - does anyone else do 4 days? What day is best to have off? I have an important meeting every Friday that someone else could do in theory as I think it would be good to have a longer weekend break. Or should I take the Wednesday to break the week up?

I have always worked full time so this feels like a big thing for me but in the grand scheme of things I know its not,
If you’ve got the choice then Friday would get my vote. Lovely three day weekend. I feel like many people have already checked out by Friday anyway (maybe that’s just my industry though 😂). Does it have to be the same day every week or can it be flexi?

Good morning from these lazy flumps.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Being an HR bod who one of my 'things' is flexi work patterns I'd say avoid Mondays if poss as your day off - most public holidays fall on Mondays and obv without knowing what your company is like, some can be a bit funny about days off in lieu when it comes to public holidays falling on your non working day. Most people who do 4 days at my work either have Wednesday or Friday as their non working day - personally I'd pick Wednesday to break up the week if I dropped to 4 days!

• Heart
If you’ve got the choice then Friday would get my vote. Lovely three day weekend. I feel like many people have already checked out by Friday anyway (maybe that’s just my industry though 😂).
I echo this. Friday was always the most popular to have by the teachers who wanted four days. Followed quickly by Monday. Both of these will give you a 3-day weekend. The ones I knew who did this (for a variety of reasons) said that it made such a difference to their lives so do it!

Wednesday, unless you are forced to have that day (can they?) I would be unsure of, you would have to gear yourself up for another 2 days and you might end up doing work on Wed to catch up/be prepared for the last 2 days. Teachers who were off mid week always said it was a non day.

Good luck!

ETA- I have just seen what @Jay-cloth Cow said about Mondays- totes agree. That didn’t apply to us as most of the BH (all apart from the early May one) fell in our holidays anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Everyone (& every job) is different, but my own experience of having Wednesday off =Thursday felt like another Monday, but without that residual weekend goodwill energy. What made a massive difference to me was getting over my guilt and employing a cleaner.

• Heart
Thanks all - I was leaning towards the Friday but I have this meeting with another department 🔺 that's a really interesting part of my job (I get to know what political headlines will be in the paper at the weekend) and I am so nosey I still want to attend but its just silly really when I can instead have a longer weekend. I should be able to do all of the boring stuff on the Friday and have the weekend chore free.

Work is just so full on so I dont ever get to sorting out my mobile phone contract and house insurance and stuff so it will be nice to have time to actually get my house in order.

I did have a cleaner at one point @jordishaw so might look into that again. I am afraid I am one of those people who doesnt like other people in the house!

• Heart
Thanks all - I was leaning towards the Friday but I have this meeting with another department 🔺 that's a really interesting part of my job (I get to know what political headlines will be in the paper at the weekend) and I am so nosey I still want to attend but its just silly really when I can instead have a longer weekend. I should be able to do all of the boring stuff on the Friday and have the weekend chore free.

Work is just so full on so I dont ever get to sorting out my mobile phone contract and house insurance and stuff so it will be nice to have time to actually get my house in order.

I did have a cleaner at one point @jordishaw so might look into that again. I am afraid I am one of those people who doesnt like other people in the house!
Ha! I am one of those people who doesn't like other people full stop, I'm afraid, and also being excessively judgy myself I worry that others are judging me, so it was a big leap for me. Unexpected bonus was that my son learned a lot about cleaning (which he wouldn't have done from me), he took over when our cleaner retired and his own flat now is immaculate.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@Universal Pick a day, stick to it. Don't be flexible, don't offer to just take a quick call. Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation. Find someone in meetings to send a 3 sentence summary. The danger is you'll do the same hours over less days.

This is very hypocritical advice coming from me - I do all the above, and I'm the one attending meetings so others don't have to! Every job is different though, find your sweet spot and then loudly announce you aren't available for certain things till everyone knows.

• Heart

I work 4 days and take the Wednesdays off! As JCC said public holidays fall on Mon/Fris so weeks like this I only work 3 days which is both a blessing and a curse as it’s fun yet I feel like I’ve done nothing and it’s “Friday” tomorrow 😬 iirc you’re public sector aren’t you? They allowed my friend to do compressed weeks just to pursue acting so I’d assume they’d allow a mum the same?

Most mums around here take Wednesdays just cos the best baby classes were always Wednesdays for some reason so I don’t think there’s any profound reasoning behind it. But when we go out to busy things like soft play they’re usually pretty dead mid week (outside of half term), same with restaurants which is v nice!

We were meant to go for a girly brunch today but toddler has vomited everywhere in the night 😩 so instead I’ve got the washing machine doing 2 hour cycles and will be watching the slop squad later with you guys!

• Heart

I do 4 - I used to have Mondays off which was the best as I got my bank holidays pro rated as extra holidays I could use when I wanted. Now I get Fridays off because new job has Monday meeting - boo. It’s ok but got screwed over as work gave discretionary days to everyone over Christmas / on two Fridays…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you’ve got the choice then Friday would get my vote. Lovely three day weekend. I feel like many people have already checked out by Friday anyway (maybe that’s just my industry though 😂). Does it have to be the same day every week or can it be flexi?

Good morning from these lazy flumps.
Such beautiful cat beasts!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Oh I dropped to 4 days a few years ago. I have Wednesdays off and it is the BEST !!! Breaks up the week beautifully. Much better than a Friday off I think.

• Heart
Now I’m a bit more caught up on everything going on - Silver, you are missed and I’m sorry you were made to feel like you were doing something wrong. You didn’t…

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hello my lovelies. How I wish I could keep track of here as well as there threads! - I’ve been completely oblivious to any weird going ons, despite being on MT and Twitter for far far far too many hours. I hope I haven’t added to any weird unpleasantness. I don’t have the comprehension to add anything coherent except lots of love to all! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 25
im quite confused but wanted to say @Silver Linings i miss your presence already!
sorry if i’m not allowed to bring this up again but i called that Twitter account creepy once and because they obsessively read this forum they saw it and screenshotted a jokey post of me telling a story about how i accidentally went to an S&M night once as proof that i’m the creepy one 😂. Seriously pathetic

unfortunately jack tweeted something i could relate to today, as my cat also wakes me up every single morning by gently punching me on the nose .with her paw. This is my first sight every morning:

C5F7C408-855F-40DE-AFDC-7586AE17A1E0.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
im quite confused but wanted to say @Silver Linings i miss your presence already!
sorry if i’m not allowed to bring this up again but i called that Twitter account creepy once and because they obsessively read this forum they saw it and screenshotted a joke post of me telling a story about how i accidentally went to an S&M night once as proof that i’m the creepy one 😂. Seriously pathetic

unfortunately jack tweeted something i could relate to today, as my cat also wakes me up every single morning by gently punching me on the nose .with her paw. This is my first sight every morning:

View attachment 1190789
Her eyes 😂 intense. My cat wakes me with a gentle claw inserted into my throat.

Oh, yes - I remember that. I laugh reacted at that post of yours, as did others, which apparently was a censurable offence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Her eyes 😂 intense. My cat wakes me with a gentle claw inserted into my throat.

Oh, yes - I remember that. I laugh reacted at that post of yours, as did others, which apparently was a censurable offence.
I’ve worked out their new account on here and it is laughably obvious once you realise their posting pattern.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.