Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today is really not going well. Rain, MT chaos, dentist, more arguments with BG and above all
I cheated on wordle

Send baby animlos.
It was a tricky one today! And the one before.
I got it on the first go once 😂

Hope your day gets better.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Ladies I have a bit of a PR question and dont know where to post so hoping you can help me out...is there any herbal tea lovers here? (Jasmine tea,green tea etc)...what pages/influencers do you follow on Instagram?Any UK based influencers who regularly talk about teas on their account ..can have a little or large following..I'd really appreciate your help on this,thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ladies I have a bit of a PR question and dont know where to post so hoping you can help me out...is there any herbal tea lovers here? (Jasmine tea,green tea etc)...what pages/influencers do you follow on Instagram?Any UK based influencers who regularly talk about teas on their account ..can have a little or large following..I'd really appreciate your help on this,thanks!
Might be worth looking to see if Postcard Teas are on socials. Jonathan Nunn works for them

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm very fond of 5oclockapron (Claire Thomson) - on Instagram she seems to have a regular gig cooking at Pukka Teas using teas (e.g 'baked polenta with 3 fennel Pukka team roasted fennel bulb, red onion') (mixed feelings about Pukka Teas, but will note that their HQ has some classy tiles using their packaging designs, should that be of interest to you, it is the sort of thing I like on IG)

Reactions: 7
What a heavy day on the MT! My word.

If any of you remember my issues with depot, I decided not to get it again. Once the funk, lethargy and depression has lifted somewhat, I noticed my clothes weren’t fitting right.
I’ve put on 2 stone, mainly on my belly area! I’m hoping some will fall off naturally as I move more but aware I’ll need to work hard to shift it.

I’ll be back in placement soon for my final stretch before qualifying so will be moving more, but I need ideas for healthy but sustaining packed lunches so that I don’t end up in the queue of the pasty house. We only get 30 mins twice a day (12.5 hr shifts) so speed to prepare/ eat is also a good thing! Any ideas or websites? I have Crohn’s so salads can be hit and miss, and sometimes when they are miss I find they leave me very hungry! Thank (space) you!

ETA also the spatone iron Rec- thank you! Can’t remember who it was but I feel like it’s done wonders, and been gentle on my belly!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm very fond of 5oclockapron (Claire Thomson) - on Instagram she seems to have a regular gig cooking at Pukka Teas using teas (e.g 'baked polenta with 3 fennel Pukka team roasted fennel bulb, red onion') (mixed feelings about Pukka Teas, but will note that their HQ has some classy tiles using their packaging designs, should that be of interest to you, it is the sort of thing I like on IG)
She is LOVELY

• Heart
Love her books, love her attitude, her IG is like a gentle soothing palate cleanser with nary an inexplicable egg.
She just quietly gets on with producing the goods. And it's proper home cooking (which doesn't mean it is boring or predictable- just achievable).

• Heart
Yasminjohal is amazing. She is a vegan/motherhood/neurodiversity blog but she definitely talks about tea in amongst this! Really like her and whenever she does post ads (which are clearly labelled) you can tell they're products she really advocates for.

Also poked my head back in here for the first time in a while as I'd noticed some posters abscence on a big day like this on the MT and wanted to see if there was a reason. I genuinely had no idea things were like that on that Twitter account wow. I won't drag it up again as it's been discussed a few pages ago but I echo what everyone has already said as another long time poster ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
As I'm on holiday at the moment, am grunking permanently. The threads have suddenly become a lot more difficult to follow, so I checked over here to see what was going on. @Silver Linings, let me add to this unanimous chorus and say I hope you feel able to come back soon. So many of us appreciate what you do, don't let a lone detractor get in your head.

I rarely remember to catch up on F&D, but I agree with everyone else: the Cabal was vital for getting through all the shittiness of 2020/21, and this remains one of my favourite corners of the internet. Thank you (two words) all for that!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
As I'm on holiday at the moment, am grunking permanently. The threads have suddenly become a lot more difficult to follow, so I checked over here to see what was going on. @Silver Linings, let me add to this unanimous chorus and say I hope you feel able to come back soon. So many of us appreciate what you do, don't let a lone detractor get in your head.

I rarely remember to catch up on F&D, but I agree with everyone else: the Cabal was vital for getting through all the shittiness of 2020/21, and this remains one of my favourite corners of the internet. Thank you (two words) all for that!
I agree, I don't think I will ever get over DKL not being renewed after that two week stint just for the MT banter (although forearms Matt was probably relieved), that really was a high point of the (first) lockdown for me. I don;t think I have ever laughed so much ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Unfortunately, when someone who is as sensitive and thoughtful as Silver is called a ‘stalker’ and someone who damages Jack’s mental health (by an outside account who also ‘obsessively’ screenshots) - AND with ‘proof’ of other members who seem to be in agreement with this view of her, or laughably think that she’s a moderator in control of the thread - this means that a lovely poster who is important to how the thread works (as in helps to provide a coherent record of all Jack’s - a public figure on social media - claims and untruths) doesn’t feel welcome to post. And that makes me sad because what’s the point when you want people to be directed to Tattle after Jack’s latest rants, only to be confused with multiple screenshots of the same thing / out of order replies and tweet threads. (Not a criticism, and speaking for myself here, I am rubbish at screenshots and can’t navigate Twitter at all).

If that account and the handful of people he appears to communicate with are so unhappy with Tattle / members like Silver / the moderators, then don’t post here. It’s not a paid for service, you don’t have to feel supercilious and above it. The irony is, he seems to devote his time to ragging members here (plus Go Henry squig, who blocked him, among others who also have) yet he can’t seem to keep away. He keeps signing up and taking part. If he sees Tattle and its members as so completely below him, so amateurish an operation, then beetle off to mumsnet. This site is not a service, you choose to post here and be a part of it. Amusing how he keeps making new profiles and coming back to grease up to everyone.

Again, I’m sorry to derail this lovely thread.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Unfortunately, when someone who is as sensitive and thoughtful as Silver is called a ‘stalker’ and someone who damages Jack’s mental health (by an outside account who also ‘obsessively’ screenshots) - AND with ‘proof’ of other members who seem to be in agree with this view of her, or laughably think that she’s a moderator in control of the thread - this means that a lovely poster who is important to how the thread works (as in helps to provides a coherent record of all Jack’s - a public figure on social media - claims and untruths) doesn’t feel welcome to post. And that makes me sad because what’s the point when you want people to be directed to Tattle after Jack’s latest rants, only to be confused with multiple screenshots of the same thing / out of order replies and tweet threads. (Not a criticism, and speaking for myself here, I am rubbish at screenshots and can’t navigate Twitter at all).

If that account and the handful of people he appears to communicate with are so unhappy with Tattle / members like Silver / the moderators, then don’t post here. It’s not a paid for service, you don’t have to feel supercilious and above it. The irony is, he seems to devote his time to ragging members here (plus Go Henry squig, who blocked him, among others who also have) yet he can’t seem to keep away. He keeps signing up and taking part. If he sees Tattle and its members as so completely below him, so amateurish an operation, then beetle off to mumsnet. This site is not a service, you choose to post here and be a part of it. Amusing how he keeps making new profiles and coming back to grease up to everyone.

Bit pathetic really, isn’t it.

Silver did an amazing job. I’ll miss her.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Unfortunately, when someone who is as sensitive and thoughtful as Silver is called a ‘stalker’ and someone who damages Jack’s mental health (by an outside account who also ‘obsessively’ screenshots) - AND with ‘proof’ of other members who seem to be in agree with this view of her, or laughably think that she’s a moderator in control of the thread - this means that a lovely poster who is important to how the thread works (as in helps to provides a coherent record of all Jack’s - a public figure on social media - claims and untruths) doesn’t feel welcome to post. And that makes me sad because what’s the point when you want people to be directed to Tattle after Jack’s latest rants, only to be confused with multiple screenshots of the same thing / out of order replies and tweet threads. (Not a criticism, and speaking for myself here, I am rubbish at screenshots and can’t navigate Twitter at all).

Again not to derail, but as I have said I no longer follow the MT, what on earth has happened?! If anyone can/wants to give a summary?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't actually know where it all went weird/wrong. It is puzzling. But tbh, it doesnt feel right that the person can be discussed here like this, particularly by a mod (Sorry, poca x), when in the past myself and others have had deletions and warnings for mentioning them? Either nothing or all, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't actually know where it all went weird/wrong. It is puzzling. But tbh, it doesnt feel right that the person can be discussed here like this when in the past myself and others have had deletions and warnings for mentioning them? Either nothing or all, no?
That’s a fair point, and I see what you mean.
The account is not allowed to be promoted or screenshot on the main thread as he is a banned member - so any screenshots or mentions are deleted, regardless if his critiques of Jack are agreed with.
I’m definitely not promoting him, but seeing as his latest posts have contributed to a member here not posting (and have also been about / to me) I have mentioned him. But I can see what you mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That’s a fair point, and I see what you mean.
The account is not allowed to be promoted or screenshot on the main thread as he is a banned member - so any screenshots or mentions are deleted, regardless if his critiques of Jack are agreed with.
I’m definitely not promoting him, but seeing as his latest posts have contributed to a member here not posting (and also me) I have mentioned him. But I can see what you mean.
Yeah, I do get that as SL has been a day 1 Fraus. It just feels a bit weird, thats all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Again not to derail, but as I have said I no longer follow the MT, what on earth has happened?! If anyone can/wants to give a summary?
Jack has been up all night wanging on because a Tory suggested using smart price pasta to save money.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I do get that as SL has been a day 1 Fraus. It just feels a bit weird, thats all.
Sure, totally. SL is a thread 1 frau, and we’ve all been around a long time. I know it’s a bit weird and not very ‘professional’, so I’ll stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.