Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awww, feel better soon little Teapot Cat ❤
Ditto, and happy belated birthday to dear ❤ Sideboard cat x
I have rushed here for comforting like a mithering ninny as the MT has moved on so i couldn't reply, but as you so rightly thought dear Sidey B I am both gutted and LIVID about Captain James T 😥 being appropriated for marriage to YKW. I expect the nuptials will take place on my bridge just to rub salt in to the wounds.
Hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn't have to eat a cake made out of soil and e.coli fingernail scrapings xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
One of my favourite breakfasts is granola with coconut yoghurt, it travels well when commuting. But coconut yoghurt is out of fashion. I have tried plain, and I have tried vanilla, neither of which are nice. I found a vanilla and coconut, which is better than the other two, but still not 'right'. I spotted coconut cream in the shop today, and wondered if I could add this to either plain or the vanilla/coconut, thoughts?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
One of my favourite breakfasts is granola with coconut yoghurt, it travels well when commuting. But coconut yoghurt is out of fashion. I have tried plain, and I have tried vanilla, neither of which are nice. I found a vanilla and coconut, which is better than the other two, but still not 'right'. I spotted coconut cream in the shop today, and wondered if I could add this to either plain or the vanilla/coconut, thoughts?
I also adore coconut yoghurt. The Rachel's one is nice, but my favourite is the one in Lidl. Like you, I struggle to find it! Would be keen to hear of your coconutty adventures with coconut cream.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I also adore coconut yoghurt. The Rachel's one is nice, but my favourite is the one in Lidl. Like you, I struggle to find it! Would be keen to hear of your coconutty adventures with coconut cream.

You should look at vegan coconut yoghurts! The Coconut Collaborative one is delicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I find coconut cream extremely rich (I don't like it added to curry, for example), but the vegan coconut yoghurts are lovely.
They freeze really well for homemade ice pops too!

I went super gauche fancy once, froze some coco yog in those ball shaped ice cube tray things, then roll them in shaved dark choc. Ooooo they were tasty!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
They freeze really well for homemade ice pops too!

I went super gauche fancy once, froze some coco yog in those ball shaped ice cube tray things, then roll them in shaved dark choc. Ooooo they were tasty!

The tiny space in my freezer left for ball shaped things is fully occupied by mochi.

Well, not as fully as it was this morning.

I need to have a word with Mr D about insisting upon putting things in there with the bulky plastic packaging still on. I'm sure I could fit more mochi food in there if it weren't for 20 odd lumps of plastic taking up space.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
We use the vegan Koko one here, I often add a dollop when I’m cooking Caribbean dishes and over spice them 😬 It’s lovely. I’d have thought adding coconut cream to yogurt would make it too rich and thick, but maybe that’s just me!
I adapted a lovely stuffed aubergine dish last week. Really simple, with the aubergine flesh, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella, olives shoved in its cavity and finished with breadcrumbs and a bit of crisped up Parma ham (FANCY!!!). I just used up a few leftovers in the fridge really, but it may well become a fave at Bellend Towers.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Rachel's does a big pot of Greek yoghurt with coconut. I have been coveting my colleague's reusable yoghurt pot with separate bit for fruit/ non soggy granola

• Heart
I think I’ve had a fairly perfect bank holiday Monday. We hosted a BBQ and I cooked properly for a bunch of people for, I think, the first time since the pandemic and for the first time in our new house. Lots of nice meat, homemade burgers, good sausages, homemade coleslaw, tabbouleh and courgette ‘splats’ (courgette and feta fritters).

Also, my pavlova turned out pretty well.

A8A431C6-BFED-4412-87A0-314D47555B67.jpeg

Most of all, it was just lovely to be around a lot of people I love. I feel v lucky and now I have a cat on my lap and MrF is taking a nap.

Does anyone else feel like these sorts of chilled but sociable days are so rare and precious now?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Rachel's does a big pot of Greek yoghurt with coconut. I have been coveting my colleague's reusable yoghurt pot with separate bit for fruit/ non soggy granola
This is gonna sound odd, I don’t like the texture of Greek yoghurt to eat on its own, but have never tried it on granola.

Reactions: 7
We went to see a friend's new recording studio yesterday. The build's finished, but the inside is still a mass of boxes and cables.

It turned into the three of us lounging back on new sofas in the dark, climate control keeping us at a heady 16 Celsius whilst listening to music on the thirty grand console 'to test the dynamics' for four hours. That's the sort of sociable that's easy to get behind. And then this morning's activity consisted of a trip to WY and spending a lot of money on a lot of rice, prawns and Mr D's spicy snack habit (noodles, noodles, Hello Pandas, more noodles...).

That pavlova looks delicious, @Flumps

This is gonna sound odd, I don’t like the texture of Greek yoghurt to eat on its own, but have never tried it on granola.
The diet stuff doesn't have the right texture - it's too much volume with no body to it, like a slightly sour and watery cloud. Full fat, especially Ewe's milk, is much nicer IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We went to see a friend's new recording studio yesterday. The build's finished, but the inside is still a mass of boxes and cables.

It turned into the three of us lounging back on new sofas in the dark, climate control keeping us at a heady 16 Celsius whilst listening to music on the thirty grand console 'to test the dynamics' for four hours. That's the sort of sociable that's easy to get behind. And then this morning's activity consisted of a trip to WY and spending a lot of money on a lot of rice, prawns and Mr D's spicy snack habit (noodles, noodles, Hello Pandas, more noodles...).

That pavlova looks delicious, @Flumps
I’ve moved back to somewhere within reasonable distance of WY, though not as close as I used to be, and my mum and I were talking this weekend about a lunchtime trip there soon for freezer stocking and a dim sum lunch. I’m v excited. Hopefully they still stock my favourite bowls as well.

• Heart
I think I’ve had a fairly perfect bank holiday Monday. We hosted a BBQ and I cooked properly for a bunch of people for, I think, the first time since the pandemic and for the first time in our new house. Lots of nice meat, homemade burgers, good sausages, homemade coleslaw, tabbouleh and courgette ‘splats’ (courgette and feta fritters).

Also, my pavlova turned out pretty well.

View attachment 1203570

Most of all, it was just lovely to be around a lot of people I love. I feel v lucky and now I have a cat on my lap and MrF is taking a nap.

Does anyone else feel like these sorts of chilled but sociable days are so rare and precious now?
Hold my beer, I’m coming round to stick my face in that Pavlova!! Bravo, @Flumps

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve moved back to somewhere within reasonable distance of WY, though not as close as I used to be, and my mum and I were talking this weekend about a lunchtime trip there soon for freezer stocking and a dim sum lunch. I’m v excited. Hopefully they still stock my favourite bowls as well.

It's looking a bit bare post Bank Holiday and now they spent lots of money enabling social distancing over the lockdowns, it's not so cramped or maze like anymore - but we were wrangling massive bags of rice and prawns at the time, so Mr D didn't want to hang around for too long in case I started buying even more.

My favourites are the Japanese ones, there were some small and pretty soba bowls I couldn't persuade him we needed (we own the grand sum of five plates and two long sushi plates, but around fifteen bowls of varying sizes, mostly from WY). I was also rather hoping I'd find a papercraft Totoro like the one they had on display near the Japanese section as well (pointless, but it's Totoro!), but he was already heading purposefully towards the tills before I could go off on one.

• Heart
I don’t know which of you ninnies it was as it was ages ago, I think on the MT, but thank(space)you for recommending Vittles. I subscribed a while ago and I’ve been really enjoying the newsletters ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.