Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

girolle

Exciting news to share with you all – I've just been offered my first full-time, professional job. Reading the MT has kept me sane while job seeking so I owe you all a huge thank(space)you for sharing your stories, memes, comments...just everything really. Can't wait to be reading Tattle on my lunch break lol! Lots of love to you all (now fuck off x) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Still in hospital, missing the moon event of the year, of course.Having surgery tomorrow to get my gallbladder out. Had a shot of morphine earlier that's made me feel so shite I can't even scroll. I'm missing my Pooh Bear too. Hoping it's just keyhole surgery so I'll be up and about soonish

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

Falkor

VIP Member
Nine and her little boy - and now I'll stop with the pics of them, but this was just too sweet.

20210503_104532_capture.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Falkor

VIP Member
Happy ending - she's decided she loves him too :) ❤ One little lamb now with a very full tummy.

20210424_204229.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Falkor

VIP Member
April!!! She’s a maverick. And a field full of mini-vinegars!
What do the marks mean? Is it boy/girl?
The blue marks on the ewes are to tell me how many lambs they were scanned for - a stripe for twins and a spot for a single. There's also a faded green C on the centre of their backs, which is my flock mark. The lambs are just numbered in birth order so I can keep an eye on growth rates and make sure no one's falling behind. April had a boy :)

Went to feed the rest and found this lot sheltering out of a squall of rain going over.

lambs 2021-3.jpg

lambs 2021-4.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Falkor

VIP Member
I'm a terrible cook too, unless it involves cake or biscuits. I very nearly failed my food and nutrition class pre GCSE years for making a pizza that had so much marjoram on it that it made the teacher choke.

12 lambs out of 24 now on the ground and running about. Here are 11 and 12 having a break as we walk from the bottom field to the nursery.

20210423_164254.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 37

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Morning lads. Sorry I've not been about much, I've barely kept up with the MT let alone had time for a piss or eaten a sandwich OKAY?
Here's the reason...
...Everyone, say hello to Frank (N Furter).
20210626_162747.jpg

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
10574734-624B-4ACC-BB98-EF02F5683D35.jpeg

Near impossible to get all three in a decent pic. Luckily they agreed Tattle is a great place to show their almost-winter floof and held still
for a second.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
April has a blatant disregard for schedules :)

20210428_071142.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Lads the PIP Tribunal was fine, it only lasted half an hour! My rep said she thought it went well. I suspect they kept it brief because the DWP rep didn’t say a word.
I didn’t know it was a panel of 3- I think a judge, a medical expert and a disability expert. They did ask questions I think I answered ok (I had a whisper so that helped) just got to wait for the outcome in the post.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Falkor

VIP Member
I have a couple of buffs I just pull up over my face as needed, it's much more comfortable but could get a bit warm over long periods.

Now the older lambs are getting more confident, feeding time for the ewes turns into a mass playtime. They love this ruined building :)

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Falkor

VIP Member
Congratulations @girolle :)

It's getting busy in the big turnout field now.

20210427_203442.jpg

And apparently the feed bucket is particularly interesting if you're a smol lamb.

20210427_181149_capture.jpg

I had to dash into town for more sheep feed today. Checked the remaining ladies before I set out, all grazing quietly together. 90 minutes later I was driving down the hill on the other side of the beach to our house and saw what looked very much like a ewe lambing on the track down to the bottom field. Went straight down when I got in and she was just cleaning up the second one!

In theory nothing is due now for about 5 days and then it's April, who is the last green bum left, and is allegedly expecting a single lamb. Looking at the size of her, I really hope it's twins or she's going to need some help getting it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Thought I'd bring some light relief to the thread...those who have followed my life/mishaps will know me and Mr C have been saving to buy a house for many years we've had 3 offers rejected on places we were looking so expanded our search and had an offer accepted recently! The house we are now in the process of buying is further into the countryside than we were originally looking, I've been looking at the local fb groups and rather than where we are now with all the stabbings and muggings the local issues where are new house are as follows;
My parasol blew away, can people please look out for it
A blue car used my drive to reverse in twice in a week, should i be worried
My favourite - 'there was a peacock in my garden the other day, does it belong to anyone?'
I love it all and am very excited to move to a village where we will be the youngest people there by about 30 years!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Indeed LOL

Honestly folks, get those real basics sorted and your confidence will lift and you'll move on from "I'm going to try and make this" to "I am going to make this". I'm lucky I grew up in a 'foodie' household where mom and dad were fantastic cooks and involved me in preparing food from a very young age but they drummed into me how getting the simple stuff right was the key to cooking.

Have fun with cooking, who cares if you mess up a dish first time round, thats no big deal, food is a great way of relaxing and spending time with friends and loved ones.

Tonight is a late dinner and i've got Ox Tail cooking in red wine in the slow cooker for when my lad gets off duty tonight :)

max, please.

foodie doesn't need quotation marks

thats needs an apostrophe

oxtail is one word, no need for capitalisation either

get those real basics sorted and your confidence will lift and you'll move on from "I'm going to try to mansplain to these people" to "I am going to mansplain to these people" 🥰🥰🥰

• Haha
  • Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
55118FFF-5B73-4969-A916-83C4E9E637FB.jpeg

My boys having a cuddle when they were young. Pooh would have been about 18 months, Thor about 4 months. One of my fave pics of them, even though I think a fight broke out about 30 seconds later. They still cuddle together, usually when it's cold.

• Heart