Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Christmas sandwich from plant kitchen was seriously delicious. Their no mozz sticks in the freezer are nice, second chicken Kievs and dirty fries. Their coleslaw is great too! Trying to remember what else, put myself on an M&S ban as I enjoyed it all too much 😂

Reactions: 10
The Christmas sandwich from plant kitchen was seriously delicious. Their no mozz sticks in the freezer are nice, second chicken Kievs and dirty fries. Their coleslaw is great too! Trying to remember what else, put myself on an M&S ban as I enjoyed it all too much 😂
It was! They had these really nice 'no chorizo pigs in duvets'. Hope they bring them back this Christmas. They do a Plant Kitchen 'chorizo puppies' now, but the ones 'in duvets' were superior! The churros are really good too. It is a bit pricey but I often find stuff marked down.

• Heart
It was! They had these really nice 'no chorizo pigs in duvets'. Hope they bring them back this Christmas. They do a Plant Kitchen 'chorizo puppies' now, but the ones 'in duvets' were superior! The churros are really good too. It is a bit pricey but I often find stuff marked down.
I’ve just done a shop for the freezer, I got some Kiev’s, chorizo puppies, mozzarella sticks, bangers and lamb koftas, all plant kitchen. Wish I’d seen the churros!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
For Tattlers in London and Manchester. This is not sponsored but I thought I would report on my experience about Gorillas grocery delivery.

I downloaded the app, signed up and not long after got an email offering £10 off my first four orders, on a minimum £20 spend / delivery £1.80.

Prices and selection are generally very good, they have usual basics and special local items too.

My first order last week was £24 ish worth. It arrived in 9 minutes (!!) and included a welcome fruit bag with nice quality melon, avocado, banana, apple and satsuma, and a sturdy canvas Gorillas tote bag.

I told my other half how amazingly quick it was so we did another order when we had a chocolate craving and needed some immediate bits. This time it came in 8 minutes! And we got a free melon - lucky we love melons!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For Tattlers in London and Manchester. This is not sponsored but I thought I would report on my experience about Gorillas grocery delivery.

I downloaded the app, signed up and not long after got an email offering £10 off my first four orders, on a minimum £20 spend / delivery £1.80.

Prices and selection are generally very good, they have usual basics and special local items too.

My first order last week was £24 ish worth. It arrived in 9 minutes (!!) and included a welcome fruit bag with nice quality melon, avocado, banana, apple and satsuma, and a sturdy canvas Gorillas tote bag.

I told my other half how amazingly quick it was so we did another order when we had a chocolate craving and needed some immediate bits. This time it came in 8 minutes! And we got a free melon - lucky we love melons!
I just checked and they don’t deliver to my area. 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It arrived in 9 minutes (!!)
It almost puts me off that they aim for 10 minutes, I'd worry my avocados will be squished and my peaches bruised 😬. 30 mins is just fine 😆

I guess it's going to be very limited who lives within a mile or so of one of their hubs, checked some old London and NYC address and none are within range.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The app looks v slick but why the emphasis on 10 minutes - if anything that worries me they’ll be awful to the drivers! Will be v interesting to see how they do as Deliveroo has so many supermarkets on it now.

(Also out of range but totally expected to be, Deliveroo’s roll out was slow across east, admittedly that was ten million years ago tho)

It almost puts me off that they aim for 10 minutes, I'd worry my avocados will be squished and my peaches bruised 😬. 30 mins is just fine 😆

I guess it's going to be very limited who lives within a mile or so of one of their hubs, checked some old London and NYC address and none are within range.
I was surprised everything was intact. They are probably more careful than Delveroo as delivery folk are employed directly by Gorillas.

That said, I've been getting Aldi via Deliveroo for months and only had one cracked egg.

The app looks v slick but why the emphasis on 10 minutes - if anything that worries me they’ll be awful to the drivers! Will be v interesting to see how they do as Deliveroo has so many supermarkets on it now.

(Also out of range but totally expected to be, Deliveroo’s roll out was slow across east, admittedly that was ten million years ago tho)
I think they pack super quickly because a minute or two after ordering it showed the bike on its way. I suppose the 10min thing is a gimmick and I hope they are not unrealistic on the times expected of the riders. I wouldn't complain if it took longer.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Still in hospital, missing the moon event of the year, of course.Having surgery tomorrow to get my gallbladder out. Had a shot of morphine earlier that's made me feel so shite I can't even scroll. I'm missing my Pooh Bear too. Hoping it's just keyhole surgery so I'll be up and about soonish

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Still in hospital, missing the moon event of the year, of course.Having surgery tomorrow to get my gallbladder out. Had a shot of morphine earlier that's made me feel so shite I can't even scroll. I'm missing my Pooh Bear too. Hoping it's just keyhole surgery so I'll be up and about soonish
completed it mate. I had mine out in my 20s and keyhole surgery was fine- maybe a year or two later you couldn’t even see the scars unless you were really looking. Someone said pain if actual gallstones is worse than childbirth and I think it is now that I have experienced both. Best wishes to you @MaineCoonMama

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I had mine out about 4 years ago. It was keyhole and I was home the same day. The first few days of recovery were rough but I was back to myself after a week or so. Good luck for tomorrow!

• Heart
On the M&S plant based chat Mr Beds picked up some of the no chicken Southern Fried Chicken Selects (reduced, he’s a magpie of the JM order for yellow labels but doesn’t proclaim to be 90% vegan so isn’t Jack!) - I was skeptical but they were really good.

• Heart
I haven’t been keeping fully up to date with the MT while Jack’s quiet so missed this. Sending my love and I hope you feel better soon ❤

• Heart
Hope all goes swimmingly and you're back to full slop-berating status as soon as possible ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.