Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm away from home again for a few days on another coastal hiking trip. Actually this is a continuation of the route I started a few weeks ago - it's very long, so I'm taking it a few days at a time. A few dessert highlights you might appreciate:

20210613_213035.jpg

Pistachio coulant. This was just amazing. I love pistachios in desserts, and they go so well with the ice cream...

20210612_220321.jpg

Apple tart. The crumbs under the ice cream were really crunchy, with a bit of ginger. Lovely.

20210613_202417.jpg

And warm brioche filled with ice cream, pistachio in this case. This was today...I'm leaving this town very early tomorrow (getting up at 6 to avoid being out during the hottest part of the day), or I'd go back for another one!

Savoury food has been great too, but very meat/seafood-heavy, so these desserts are something our veggie friends can appreciate too. 😉 Hiking in 30° weather is not that much fun, but a good excuse to treat myself...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm away from home again for a few days on another coastal hiking trip. Actually this is a continuation of the route I started a few weeks ago - it's very long, so I'm taking it a few days at a time. A few dessert highlights you might appreciate:

View attachment 616267

Pistachio coulant. This was just amazing. I love pistachios in desserts, and they go so well with the ice cream...

View attachment 616271

Apple tart. The crumbs under the ice cream were really crunchy, with a bit of ginger. Lovely.

View attachment 616272

And warm brioche filled with ice cream, pistachio in this case. This was today...I'm leaving this town very early tomorrow (getting up at 6 to avoid being out during the hottest part of the day), or I'd go back for another one!

Savoury food has been great too, but very meat/seafood-heavy, so these desserts are something our veggie friends can appreciate too. 😉 Hiking in 30° weather is not that much fun, but a good excuse to treat myself...
Blimey. Where’s that? The food looks good. But, hiking in this weather, no thanks. I’d get up at 3 am.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Darling Fraus

I’m looking for some advice I’m over 50 never really done make up but would like occasionally to look a bit more polished I liked how Emma and Anna looked on SKL the heavily made up look is not for me

I’m looking to even out skin tone hide blemishes and look well rested

Ideally in five minutes with five products at most yes I realise the SKL make up almost certainly took longer and used a lot of products

Can anyone in this canal point me to a good YouTube video or cosmetic counter pre pandemic I tried Boots and it was a disaster

Thankyou
I'm really bad at makeup but I use max factor 3 in 1 foundation which I adore. I try and go vegan for all my other makeup(I'm not vegan but if I can use products that don't test on animals I try my best to)I just haven't found a foundation that works as well on my skin as that one. I use poppy austin mascara and beauty without cruelty eyeliner which are both great too. Would defo recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don't know how you can bear to eat those delightful desserts with the weight of hundreds of glove murders on your conscience @colouredlines. It hasn't got up to 30° here yet but I'm already struggling at the gym despite their upgraded ventilation system as per COVID regs. After fifteen minutes I look like I'm trying to bring back the 90s gel slicked back look and I'm the colour of thrice-boiled beetroot water.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Just to bring the tone down, I am currently sitting in a car park outside my nearest McDonald's (110 miles from home) thoroughly enjoying my first Big Mac in at least 2 years!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just to bring the tone down, I am currently sitting in a car park outside my nearest McDonald's (110 miles from home) thoroughly enjoying my first Big Mac in at least 2 years!!!
I am seriously on board with that. During our most recent lockdown (Jan-May) when I was on the road for work I would schedule the day around getting my Sausage and Egg McMuffin in the drive thru

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@colouredlines they look delicious especially the apple tart!

Enjoy it!

I’ve just been to the dentist for a filling so counting down the minutes till I can eat again 😂

Reactions: 11
It was bloody gorgeous, as was the Galaxy Caramel McFlurry. Just finishing my strawberry milkshake and then it's a quick trip round the shops before a 3-hour drive home. Can't wait to see how much the lambs have grown in my week away! Mr F has been sending me daily updates :)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I had my first ever McFlurry last month, and I chose the Galaxy Caramel. OMG. It was so good, how did I get so chubby without eating these?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh, gorgeous! Appaloosa or Knabstrupper? My neighbour's Clydesdale mare is away at stud at the moment, so looking forward to having a foal around next year.

Reactions: 12
Don't know what Mr F has been feeding this lot while I've been away, but they've certainly had a growth spurt in 8 days!

20210615_083701_capture.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.