Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you have to use a mask or could you use something like a bandana instead? I can't stand the feeling of the elastic round my ears for very long so I go bank robber-style, double-knotted at the back of my head so it stays on. Maybe not appropriate if it's for work, just an idea.

After my most recent experience with relationships I think my self-esteem is too pitiful to withstand dating. I wouldn't even be able to find a nice picture of myself to use! I'm genuinely more comfortable with thousands of people seeing my bare arse than my face (for context I have a full back piece that extends down past my tailbone and it was posted multiple times on Instagram and featured in a tattoo magazine, I'm forbidden from mentioning this publication to my dad or grandma though 😂).
I swear every time you post something you get even cooler
ETA: hope that doesn’t sound creepy 😬🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
55118FFF-5B73-4969-A916-83C4E9E637FB.jpeg

My boys having a cuddle when they were young. Pooh would have been about 18 months, Thor about 4 months. One of my fave pics of them, even though I think a fight broke out about 30 seconds later. They still cuddle together, usually when it's cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Face masks, my ears are so sore from mask wearing, plus rash on my face, and eczema flare on hand. Have tried strap across back of head, but mask doesn’t stay up. Anybody any ideas?
My dad has rosacea which gets irritated under the mask that he wears all day at work. He brings moisturiser with him which he applies throughout the day. It doesn’t stop the rash but it stops it getting sore and dry. Not sure if that will help you but worth a try.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 554459
My boys having a cuddle when they were young. Pooh would have been about 18 months, Thor about 4 months. One of my fave pics of them, even though I think a fight broke out about 30 seconds later. They still cuddle together, usually when it's cold.
they are just gorgeous :love: my parents cats who are siblings used to be very close as kittens now they barely even interact it is so sad, the vet explained it as "they are just like moody teenagers now, it is usual for people too" :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Looking through an old cookbook, I came across this recipe for mustard corn with bacon.

20210501_155210.jpg

Um...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Thanks lads that's very kind of you. I curate only the finest of wit for my favourite cabal 😘

Lambs and cats are a delight for the soul, the bacon corn ...not so much. I'm guessing late 70s/early 80s? My mum has a lot of old cookbooks and there's one which has grapes on just about every dish. A lot of grey meat and tomatoes cut into flowers as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Morning ninnies. Got a leg of lamb slow cooking in the oven. Missed out on our Easter dinner due to me being poorly, but my operation last week was a success and I’m now back to myself again. To celebrate I had my first beer since last June and binge-watched the latest 4 episodes of This Is Us. That’s the rock & roll life of a mum with her third baby 🤘 I took them all out for the first time on Friday and decided I’m not doing that again until my youngest is at least 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
THE LAMBS :love: Also that scenery, just stunning. All my cakes have gone - one had an enormous chocolate heart on it and when I ate it for first breakfast* yesterday I expected solid choc but was greeted with a thicc, gorgeous slightly caramelised biscuit inside. Not spiced like Biscoff but just heavenly.

*I am not pretending to be a hobbit but as it was my charity lifting event yesterday morning I had cake for first breakfast when I first woke up and then lifting fuel for second breakfast an hour before lifting started (porridge). I saw a friend afterwards in our gym's garden, she's had a series of ops so I haven't seen her since 2019 and I had pain au chocolat and felt the sun on my face as my limbs melted.

**are asterisk paragraphs allowed to be longer than the actual original paragraph?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
2am. Little Nine is peacefully lying down in the top field at home with the 4 others still here.

5.30am. Little Nine standing on the wall by the road in the top field bellowing at all her mates who have already lambed in our big field further down the road. Mr F, who does the early morning check so I can get a bit of sleep, sensibly takes them all out of that field, away from the road, and shuts the gate.

7am. Mr F looks outside and can only see 4 ewes instead of 5. Searches all four fields by the house. No Little Nine.

7.30am. Mr F checks the big field and sees one red bum with no lambs with her. Nine has jumped out of our field, into our neighbour's field and then out of their field into ours on the other side and is now settling down to give birth. By this time I've heard all the quad bike noises and sheepy bellowing and wandered down in my dressing gown to see what's going on. Get dressed sharpish and go to check on her.

8.10am. Little Nine starts pushing.

8.30am. Small lamb on the ground being vigorously washed by its proud mother.

20210503_083903.jpg

If anyone is interested, I did video the birth. It's not gory, there's a bit of slime, but I'm not that zoomed in.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Nine and her little boy - and now I'll stop with the pics of them, but this was just too sweet.

20210503_104532_capture.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Awwww Little Nine!!!! She’s obsessed with his feet! Wonder why she “ran away” earlier or was she just needing her own space. I don’t think I’ve seen a ewe lying down to lamb before, seems sensible though.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.