Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a craving for those with Longley cottage cheese. I put the cottage cheese in the halved fruit,
Yum, I haven’t had Longley Cottage Cheese for a while ... you’ve influenced me again, Mustard 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A few people have shared this link today as several cat foods have been recalled. Applaws, Pets at Home and Sainsburys have been affected. I know we have a lot of cat owners here so thought I’d share!

Cat food recall

Heard on radio influenzas fined for not declaring ads properly, but google not being my friend, they are cracking down.

Too late to edit
Good!

Reactions: 14
@Flumps how are you and your family?View attachment 621866
Hah, I now want these ice lollies very much.

Thank you so much for thinking of us. We're ok. Things go from quiet and just bumbling along to fraught in the blink of an eye, but I think that's only to be expected. My daughter has her mocks next week, so that's a helpful helping of 'stressful thing' to go with everything else. She melted down about that the other day and we had to talk about what reasonable expectations of ourselves should be at times like this (I consider her getting up, leaving the house and managing to get through every day of school to be peak performance for her right now).

We're waiting for a counselling appointment, but they won't start counselling until 3 months post the death, because before then is too soon in their opinion. In mine too, actually, I feel like it's only in the very recent weeks that she's wanted to talk at all, and before then it was all too big to manage. School have been chasing me to get it organised (though it is) which is a bit odd, I understand they want to support her, but there's no point doing something that the professionals advise against IMO.

In other news, we've sold our house, but don't have one to move into. We're in negotiations for a place I am in love with, which is utterly ridiculous for various reasons, but also keep looking for other things as worried we're too far away from each other to make a deal. Everything is moving so fast though and some places are going for crazy money.

I hope all you lovely lot are good. xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Thought I'd bring some light relief to the thread...those who have followed my life/mishaps will know me and Mr C have been saving to buy a house for many years we've had 3 offers rejected on places we were looking so expanded our search and had an offer accepted recently! The house we are now in the process of buying is further into the countryside than we were originally looking, I've been looking at the local fb groups and rather than where we are now with all the stabbings and muggings the local issues where are new house are as follows;
My parasol blew away, can people please look out for it
A blue car used my drive to reverse in twice in a week, should i be worried
My favourite - 'there was a peacock in my garden the other day, does it belong to anyone?'
I love it all and am very excited to move to a village where we will be the youngest people there by about 30 years!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Thought I'd bring some light relief to the thread...those who have followed my life/mishaps will know me and Mr C have been saving to buy a house for many years we've had 3 offers rejected on places we were looking so expanded our search and had an offer accepted recently! The house we are now in the process of buying is further into the countryside than we were originally looking, I've been looking at the local fb groups and rather than where we are now with all the stabbings and muggings the local issues where are new house are as follows;
My favourite - 'there was a peacock in my garden the other day, does it belong to anyone?'
I love it all and am very excited to move to a village where we will be the youngest people there by about 30 years!!
Love it, I am from London but for a few months lived in a very small town, and the local paper was filled with things like this, a great change from all the knife crime and pollution deaths I hear about now. a definite highlight was a local public figure having an icecream snatched out of his hand by a seagull :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Love it, I am from London but for a few months lived in a very small town, and the local paper was filled with things like this, a great change from all the knife crime and pollution deaths I hear about now. a definite highlight was a local public figure having an icecream snatched out of his hand by a seagull :LOL:
Haha yup where my parents live it's very similar! Breaking news - swan pecked a child etc. I'm really looking forward to getting back to that kind of environment!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Haha yup where my parents live it's very similar! Breaking news - swan pecked a child etc. I'm really looking forward to getting back to that kind of environment!!
I always think how fun it would be to work on a local paper like this. A distant relative of mine used to and once he took a whole page to write about his daughter's upcoming wedding (neither her nor her fiance were from the town, nor would anyone reading it have met them :LOL:)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I always think how fun it would be to work on a local paper like this. A distant relative of mine used to and once he took a whole page to write about his daughter's upcoming wedding (neither her nor her fiance were from the town, nor would anyone reading it have met them :LOL:)
My dream job!! (I work in HR with a background in comms always thought it could be an option if I decided to have kids or really settle into country living)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My friend’s mum lives somewhere like this, she once sent my friend the local newsletter bemoaning a “crime spree”… two people had had v expensive power tools stolen after they’d left them outside on walls unattended.

The best part was the update in the next one where it turned out one had indeed been stolen but the second had been put back in the shed by his wife, she’d just thought it was called something different (I can’t remember exactly but think “where’s my drill?” When she thought she’d moved an electric screwdriver).

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Hello fraus, hope you're all having a good weekend. I made a trifle today in honour of Windy Sturgeon. It was a quite maverick apple crumble trifle. It had apple pie filling with a little bit of crumble mix, golden syrup and cinnamon mixed through, then whisky-soaked madeleine pieces, a very thin layer of pink jelly, custard, cream and toasted crumble pieces on top.

It was basically an excuse to have custard AND cream with apple crumble and not put the oven on. I give myself 10/10 for concept, a solid 8/10 for execution and 0/10 for photography.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ah man peacocks can be a pain! Used to often get some trampling around on my roof early in the mornings, squawking away to some other nearby peacocks. They don't seem to stay in their own gardens much! When they got on my mum's roof she used to get outside with the broom to shoo them off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just catching up, hope everyone is well and @kachoochoo had a wonderful birthday!
(and I hope that you burned that cursed mask then drove out far into the woods to dig a hole to bury any remaining scraps of it 😂😂😂)

Here's my train being chased by a glove, a real life Geordie Racer 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
LJC @Switchstreetz the number of bridges in that clip! Brb just going to Twitter to post about my new personality trait.

@LennyBriscoe are you following World's Strongest Man 2021 this weekend? I remember you mentioning Tom Stoltman before as a role model for your son, he's in the finals with his brother Luke and is doing extremely well. It's not going to be aired here until Christmas so I don't want to give any spoilers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.