Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, our big doggo was 57 kgs of muscle and might but he was not clever. Made me love him more though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh, our big doggo was 57 kgs of muscle and might but he was not clever. Made me love him more though.
Yep, ours was a typical Ridgeback: big, strong, and thick as a plank. We had a Border Collie too, who more than made up for her in the brains department. He was more of my mum's dog, but the Ridgeback was mine.

When I was nine, we finally moved to South Africa permanently (or so we thought). We had been in a flat in a big Asian city, where we had the cat but my parents wouldn't even think about getting a dog due to the lack of space. I was a dog-mad child. My favourite book was The Ultimate Dog Book, an encyclopaedia of breeds, and I would leaf through it over and over, planning my future menagerie.

We moved to SA, where we had a house with a big garden. Two days after moving in, my parents drove us to a mystery location. We reached a house where there was a Ridgeback with eight puppies. I didn't realise what was going on until my dad said, "Okay, which one should we get?"

We barely had any furniture at home yet, but we had a puppy! Good priorities.

I'd love to be in a position to have a dog again...fingers crossed, I guess!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I would have so many animals if I had space and money. My dream is to have lots of acres in the country for abandoned animals. I'd employ my friends just to love and care for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
One of our cats dumped a dead squirrel at our back door. He is my husbands favorite cat of our 3, he's a real Daddy's boy. Husband refused to accept that he would kill a squirrel and insisted it must have had a nut allergy :ROFLMAO:

Also adding to the cookbook suggestions for beginners, Gordon Ramsays complete cookery course is brilliant. I loved the TV series, and even though I am an accomplished cook, I bought it purely because some of the recipes on the TV series looked yummy. It's not the cheapest, but he goes into great detail on the ins and outs of cooking, various techniques etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My Marjorie cat barely catches anything, she's a little too old and slow. In the summers however, she tends to catch and bring in these little rodents, they aren't mice, rats or voles, have a stubby tail and rounded face/nose, not really sure what they are. It's only ever those she catches so they must be the slowest animals she can find! 🤷

• Haha
  • Sick
I watched a video where a cat bought in a full sized live duck. It was so funny watching them trying to catch the traumastised duck :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
I watched a video where a cat bought in a full sized live duck. It was so funny watching them trying to catch the traumastised duck :ROFLMAO:
omg I saw this, at first the owner thought it was dead and then it started running around :LOL: god knows how the cat managed they were basically the same size!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
omg I saw this, at first the owner thought it was dead and then it started running around :LOL: god knows how the cat managed they were basically the same size!
all of those stories are so cute. to a cat he's simply providing food fo his family

• Heart
all of those stories are so cute. to a cat he's simply providing food fo his family
apparently when they bring in stuff dead it is for food for you, when it is live/half alive it is because they think you are incapable hunting so they are giving you the chance to kill it youself :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
We feed our neighbours cats when they are away. After a day or so, one tries to move in with us. Then when we obviously refuse, we get a daily mouse on the doorstep. I think he's trying to bribe us.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The TeapotCats have an unfortunate taste for pigeons. Luckily 9 times out of 10 they are about as much use as my username in catching them, however they make the most of it when they’re lucky enough to get one. They seem to particularly enjoy the challenge of getting it through the catflap with them. Sigh! (Still wouldn’t change them for the world as they’ve got me and mrteapot through lockdown by being utterly adorable idiots most of the time).

• Heart
I love how this has turned into a cat thread. My two favourite things, food and cats!

• Heart
Exciting news to share with you all – I've just been offered my first full-time, professional job. Reading the MT has kept me sane while job seeking so I owe you all a huge thank(space)you for sharing your stories, memes, comments...just everything really. Can't wait to be reading Tattle on my lunch break lol! Lots of love to you all (now duck off x) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Exciting news to share with you all – I've just been offered my first full-time, professional job. Reading the MT has kept me sane while job seeking so I owe you all a huge thank(space)you for sharing your stories, memes, comments...just everything really. Can't wait to be reading Tattle on my lunch break lol! Lots of love to you all (now duck off x) ❤
Congratulations 👍. Lovely to hear good news.

• Heart
Congratulations! How exciting! X

• Heart
Nice one! Good luck, and Tattle is fantastic for lunch breaks/general skiving

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.