Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Until WHAT :eek::eek::eek: you can't tease us with a snippet like that 😂
WELL. My first job in HR was a bit of a baptism of fire - glorified call centre, approx 500 employees, majority under 30 - big drinking culture, you can imagine the HR nightmares that came with this. Nothing however beat what became known as 'turdgate'. We had these huge toilet areas, approx 20 cubicles and 20 sinks in each. Massive rooms, always people going in and out. One day, someone came into the HR office wailing about poo on the floor in the ladies. We assumed there was a bit in a cubicle (gross as it is) but no. There was something that looked like it should have come out of a great dane, right in the middle of the room. How? Why?! My manager decided the investigation and 'reeducation' should fall to me (cheers love). She wanted me to look into anyone who had recently been put on a performance plan and speak to them to see if they had partaken in a dirty protest - like hell was I going to ask people if they'd tit on the floor because they were mad about their plans?! So I stuck up some 'toilet etiquette' posters, sent out a few comms, got many many emoji/meme emails back as people thought it was hilarious I was having to send out 'guys, don't defecate in public spaces' emails. Luckily it was a one time offence, but it has scarred me for life.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
WELL. My first job in HR was a bit of a baptism of fire - glorified call centre, approx 500 employees, majority under 30 - big drinking culture, you can imagine the HR nightmares that came with this. Nothing however beat what became known as 'turdgate'. We had these huge toilet areas, approx 20 cubicles and 20 sinks in each. Massive rooms, always people going in and out. One day, someone came into the HR office wailing about poo on the floor in the ladies. We assumed there was a bit in a cubicle (gross as it is) but no. There was something that looked like it should have come out of a great dane, right in the middle of the room. How? Why?! My manager decided the investigation and 'reeducation' should fall to me (cheers love). She wanted me to look into anyone who had recently been put on a performance plan and speak to them to see if they had partaken in a dirty protest - like hell was I going to ask people if they'd tit on the floor because they were mad about their plans?! So I stuck up some 'toilet etiquette' posters, sent out a few comms, got many many emoji/meme emails back as people thought it was hilarious I was having to send out 'guys, don't defecate in public spaces' emails. Luckily it was a one time offence, but it has scarred me for life.
this genuinley sounds like something that would happen in an episode of Superstore :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
this genuinley sounds like something that would happen in an episode of Superstore :LOL:
Writing that first email seriously made me reevaluate all my life choices - 'what have I done to get to the stage where I am emailing 500 people about poo' :ROFLMAO: luckily never encountered anything like it since!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
MT feels a bit weird and manipulative at the moment.

Nothing to say really other than I tried to make a rice all in one dish last night and it was off the scale JM disgusting (Mrs Tunnel whacked on some vegan Applewood smoked and declared it scrumptious 😶).

Second the reviews for Delia’s How to Cook. You can’t beat her.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I basically learnt to cook from Delia and from Nigellas How to Eat so second the Delia recommendation and add the Nigella one.

My high schools food tech comprised almost entirely of making various tarts using premade pastry so I didn’t learn much there and my family were beige freezer food all the way. I lived on pasta for longer than I’d like to admit as an adult and I still find getting the motivation to cook tricky a lot of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Money matters - Martin (from Money saving website) has a free financial education course. It’s designed for High school pupils but is very good. I think it’s on his website, sorry for the vagueness but it’s around if you search.

Reactions: 7
Ewe 21 is in the doghouse - she lambed on the top of a slope, one of the lambs tumbled down it (or she possibly pushed him away and he fell) and she's not very keen on having him back, she much prefers his sister. They're penned up together while she decides what to do - I've rubbed the afterbirth all over him to make him smell like her again and that seems to have improved the ratio of her licking him to her trying to shove him away with her head. He is getting drinks off her when she's distracted with the other one and I've held her still a couple of times so he can get a good go - once her milk starts to work through his system he'll smell better to her as well. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll have decided she likes him too, otherwise it's bottle feeding time and that's a pain!

Lamb she's pushing away at the front by the black bucket.

20210424_171052.jpg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Ewe 21 is in the doghouse - she lambed on the top of a slope, one of the lambs tumbled down it (or she possibly pushed him away and he fell) and she's not very keen on having him back, she much prefers his sister. They're penned up together while she decides what to do - I've rubbed the afterbirth all over him to make him smell like her again and that seems to have improved the ratio of her licking him to her trying to shove him away with her head. He is getting drinks off her when she's distracted with the other one and I've held her still a couple of times so he can get a good go - once her milk starts to work through his system he'll smell better to her as well. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll have decided she likes him too, otherwise it's bottle feeding time and that's a pain!

Lamb she's pushing away at the front by the black bucket.

View attachment 544387
I have so many questions, I almost feel we need a sheep thread 🐑 !!

❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Happy ending - she's decided she loves him too :) ❤ One little lamb now with a very full tummy.

20210424_204229.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Thank you for lambs @Falkor they have improved my week at least a hundred fold :love:

I can't bring anyone lambs or cakes but how about a nice dancing trout? I mentioned recently in the MT that I needed a new computer so I bought one this week. That means I've been going through all my files tonight to decide which hard-drive I want to put them on and I found this, the pinnacle of my photoshop ability in February 2006.

trout3.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.