Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
🔺️we lived really close to st james' park when I was little and my mam apparently went into the back yard to hear this gig
Swoon. Imagine. I would have walked over hot coals to hear that too.

Mrs T loves that she is in this thread and wants you all to know that her first gig was Guns and Roses when she was 13.

Did you ACTUALLY go to see Funeral for a Friend @traumatised sideboard 😂?

Sorry to derail the thread, but doggo is 7 today and my parents (who I haven’t seen since early last March) have sent her a Breton 🥰🙃🇫🇷.
A0AB35C5-7367-4F85-8C31-4E85FB35934E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Blurp

VIP Member
I did a chaos and think that this is now an ex-knife....

20210504_210206.jpg

Black plastic handle melted into the oven lining sheet at the bottom of the oven. It must have fallen off the worktop when I had the oven door open to peek; the conventional oven is hinged at the bottom so it would have just slid into the bottom of the oven.

I did wonder why there was so much smoke and that surely nothing I cooked that had dropped on to the oven bottom would have such a weird smell - unless I was following a Jack recipe of course.

• Wow
  • Haha

Bellllls

I love cat photo day! This was my beauty. Amy came from Cat's Protection and was the soppiest daft thing in the world and I miss her every day.
IMG_2957.png

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Lads, I had surgery at about 11:30 am, Aust Eastern Time. It's 3:15 am now, I'm still on oxygen but just had the drip removed as I can eat and drink. We are currently in a 'circuit-breaker' lockdown which conveniently covers me being in here so MC Dad doesn't have to visit. Fingers crossed they let me out soon, I'm missing my cats:)

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
@Universal have you tried just not feeling sad?????

@Blurp My assessor lady was nice enough to talk to. I asked for a break as I was getting tired. She said I could have a minute, I said that’s not worth it. Outcome said no fatigue- didn’t ask for a break!!! All my later paperwork says after x question I asked for a break, you can listen to the recording!!!
I really think the assessors and DWP are geared to say “no” any which way they can. When you appeal it’s the courts who decide. This helps all the dwp people say they are strict and don’t hand it out, but the courts overrule it.
Sounds like my mental health team. Apparently I refused medication but what I actually said that there was no point in simply upping my dose of antidepressants as I'd been up to the maximum before with a previous consultant and all it did was make me physically ill. No offer of any other sort.

I got officially dismissed from work on Thursday due to being too ill to work for over a year according to their own OH provider. The union went instead of me to protect my mental health and now we try to appeal the refusal of medical retirement as I can be helped according to that same OH provider.... Only the confused letters from the consultant psychiatrist and psychologist saying that I can't didn't work for appeal. The GP was supposed to write a letter spelling it out in simple terms but he hasn't so the practice medical secretary is going to call me tomorrow morning. Arrrggggg.

I've got a mix of physical and mental problems. I actually remembered something yesterday that I'm so used to living with that I forgot to add it but - quite seriously given my memory problems - forgot it again until just now so I need to go through everything I've put down with a fine tooth comb. Then once this is done, it's returning to the fight for a proper diagnosis for ADHD rather than EU/BPD. I didn't have much faith in the psychiatrist after she told me that I couldn't have ADHD as I wasn't hyperactive so I really should have told her to Google inattentive ADHD 😳😱🤬🤯. The practice doctor (not my own doctor) then told me that I should just have a healthy diet, take some exercise and do some light volunteering and I'd feel much better. Like that during the past 40 years hasn't helped, including being told that I was one of the fittest people in the ship due to the amount of exercise I did as a naval reservist while simultaneously volunteering for years as a Cub scout leader. Head, meet brick wall.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
This is my current one - she's nine and a half and has just been diagnosed with a heart murmur, but such a low grade one that the vets say no treatment needed for now. She's still racing round the beach in pursuit of ringed plovers, so I don't worry about it too much yet.

20210130_153907.jpg

Mr F is getting very broody for a Springer again though.

• Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
@Flumps how are you and your family?View attachment 621866
Hah, I now want these ice lollies very much.

Thank you so much for thinking of us. We're ok. Things go from quiet and just bumbling along to fraught in the blink of an eye, but I think that's only to be expected. My daughter has her mocks next week, so that's a helpful helping of 'stressful thing' to go with everything else. She melted down about that the other day and we had to talk about what reasonable expectations of ourselves should be at times like this (I consider her getting up, leaving the house and managing to get through every day of school to be peak performance for her right now).

We're waiting for a counselling appointment, but they won't start counselling until 3 months post the death, because before then is too soon in their opinion. In mine too, actually, I feel like it's only in the very recent weeks that she's wanted to talk at all, and before then it was all too big to manage. School have been chasing me to get it organised (though it is) which is a bit odd, I understand they want to support her, but there's no point doing something that the professionals advise against IMO.

In other news, we've sold our house, but don't have one to move into. We're in negotiations for a place I am in love with, which is utterly ridiculous for various reasons, but also keep looking for other things as worried we're too far away from each other to make a deal. Everything is moving so fast though and some places are going for crazy money.

I hope all you lovely lot are good. xxx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
@Jay-cloth Cow - as long as it’s posted here and not in the Jack thread (and you’re ok with any privacy issues) then it should be ok!
Oh perfect! So this is a cause close to my heart as a good family friend's daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia aged 4. She lost her hair due to the treatment, the little princess trust were amazing with her. They make wigs for children who lose their hair due to cancer treatment, alopecia, or other conditions that causes hair loss. They need hair donations over 7 inches, over 12 ideally to make the wigs, which cost around £500 per wig to make. Here is my before and after to show my donation (15 inches) and if anyone wants to do a sort of sponsorship for me doing so (my hair is like my armour so this was a BIG deal for me) here is the link to do so https://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-money

Attachments

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
Not exactly a sheep photo but someone did once comment that Mara looked like an anxious sheep and this photo certainly shows it ...

IMG_20210522_212144_301.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26

KebabGirl

VIP Member
IMG_20210506_193353.jpg

Kebab Cat is always watching, and silently judging me. She sends a thunderous purr to you all!

• Heart
So many perfect cats :love: I wish I could give Dreamies to all of them. This one is one of the many cats on my estate (housing, not country). She's beautiful but she makes an unholy racket. Someone else used to have a male Siamese cat who made a noise that sounded exactly like an adult man saying 'meow'. I don't know where he went and I don't particularly care - the sod kept digging up and ruining my plants.

siamese cat.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

Falkor

VIP Member
Hotes, Viv Squiggle is on the way to come and be your baaadvocate :) She's even sheared herself for the occasion (she managed that all by herself, she has loose wool!)

20210623_093524.jpg

And a Badger picture just because it's Badger :) Badger's mum has joined the ranks of tame ewes and is eating from my hand now, so with a bit of time and patience I'm hoping Badger will start to copy her as she grows up.

20210623_093828.jpg

• Heart
I've been looking on the House Exchange website this evening and I am hooting that someone's uploaded a picture of the kitchen in their property with their cat in the sink. I also found a property that is apparently in 'emasculate' condition.

house exchange.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Fraus, it has been A Week in the lamb field.

Monday evening - notice that one of the number 8 lambs looks very slightly lame after jumping off the ruined building. Make a mental note to have a look at her again in the morning to make sure she's better.

Tuesday morning - number 8 lamb still limping, no better, no worse. Take a bit of video and message Experienced Farmer Friend to see if she thinks it's a sprain or joint ill. (Joint ill is an infection lambs can get from tick bites and it's been a bad year for ticks here so far). EFF messages straight back to say looks like joint ill, give 2ml of antibiotics and if I pop over to hers she'll give me some painkillers as well.

Tuesday afternoon - collect painkiller from EFF, who is up to her ears in yelling lambs because she's dosing hers, go home, take sheep over the road to communal pens without losing too many of them off down the road, fail in an epic manner to catch lamb in the big grass entry pen (they're still flipping fast even when they've got a sore leg), so run them through the pens into the narrow race where I trap the two 8 lambs and their mum. Pick up a lamb, check it has a brown patch on its left foreleg, matching the one in the video, administer two injections, put it back down. Think I'll just have a look at the other one....who also has a brown patch on its left foreleg, but unlike her sister, has a swollen right knee. Yes, I injected the wrong flipping lamb. Ring EFF and confess, go back to her place (she was still laughing when I arrived), get more painkiller, inject correct lamb, give her a blob of blue spray on the head so I can pick her out easily and take them back over the road.

Wednesday morning - go to the field with some trepidation, as last time I had a joint ill case it took nearly a week to clear up and got worse before it got better. Find number 8 lamb pinging around happily, totally sound, and breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Thursday morning - notice that Badger is very slightly lame. Swear. Lots. Watch her for a bit and it's intermittent, so decide to leave her for the day and have another look at tea time.

Thursday afternoon - load up quad with crook, antibiotics and sheep food, thinking that if I take everything I need down with me, Badger will be sound and I won't need it. Get to field, Badger comes racing up the field with her mum. Hooray. Go to quad to grab feed bucket and notice that Badger is standing on three legs and doesn't want to put the fourth one to the ground. Not hooray. Take sheep over the road to pens, losing quite a lot of them off down the road this time, get Badger and mum in the feeder pen to the race, which is nice and small, have a lovely big Badger cuddle while I give her the injection, get everyone back in the field and then go home and confess to Mr F that his beloved baby has a sore leg.

This morning - one very happy Badger literally bouncing around the field on all four legs. Phew.

Hopefully that's the last of it, they were all given a tick treatment eight days ago so shouldn't have picked up any new bites since then, but my learning points for next year are (a) give all lambs a tick treatment at three days old rather than waiting until marking, and (b) shuffle my grazing around so they don't go into a field next to where the deer come through in the mornings - our weather has been so bad that there's not much for the deer to eat, so they've been getting pretty cheeky. The neighbour next to that field told me the other day she's seen them coming up and eating from my hay ring, which is the lambs' favourite place to play, so no wonder the poor things have been getting bitten.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Keep her keep her keep her!!!! Can we name her please please please!
BaaBra S’priseLamb
Love it! *If* she stays she'll probably be known as Mrs Badger, because now I've had a proper look at her and she's dried out a bit, she has the markings that come with a genetic colour mutation known as badger face. It does show up in Cheviots occasionally, but it's quite rare - I'm guessing it was present in the Shetland side as well.

Unfortunately she turned out not to be a single lamb after all :( We went back down half an hour or so later to check she'd passed the afterbirth okay and found her lying on her side, pushing. Absolutely nothing showing at the back end so we decided to get her up the hill and into a pen in the field shelter to investigate. Halfway up a water bag appeared and burst immediately. By this time one of our neighbours had kindly jumped the fence and come to give us a hand, we got her into the shelter and he lambed her for us - the second lamb was even bigger, but there was no movement and even after swinging her to clear her lungs of any mucus and blowing into her lungs to try and get her going, she never took a breath. She probably died just as she was moving into the birth canal, which is why she took so long to make an appearance and the ewe wasn't showing any signs of a second labour. Mum and Badger are staying in the field shelter overnight as the weather's turned and Badger was a bit shivery, they're tucked up with hay and water and she's eaten half a kilo of ewe rolls and is starting to feel better.

• Sad
  • Heart