Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Best gig was probably NIN. Gary Numan came on stage and everyone went mental. Heard a teenager in front say, “Who’s Gary Numan?” and I died inside a little.
He was interviewed on Sunday Brunch today.

Reactions: 2

maxrigger

I agree some olive oil won't kill you, however I was just clarifying that olive oil is not 40 calories per tablespoon, it may have mislead others, all be it unintentionally
You've clarified my error twice now so lets move on...I'm frying bacon and eggs in lard for brekkie, taste great and not a threat to health if like me its a once a month treat. Stay safe and count those cals :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Pocahontas

VIP Member
thanks both, show is on iplayer but that never works for me, and I don’t have Instagram. If anybody has too much time on their hands……..

it was Ellie harrison, countryfile Sunday in June art in the countryside, stupid iplayer doesn’t give the dates might be 20th June 😇 it was a suede/faux suede waistcoat/gilet.
I’ve taken screenshots but my rudimentary internet search to find where it’s from came up with nothing, I’m afraid!

Attachments

Reactions: 1

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
I love anchovies, whether on a pizza or just marinated. I found my perfect ones: Tesco Marinated Anchovies with olives and roasted red peppers. As usual, with some products you like, they disappear. I haven't been able to find them in-store or online here in Essex or even in London for a year now. I ended up phoning Tesco Customer Services who confirmed they are still available, so haven't been discontinued, but the agent could only see them in Scotland, where she lives. Really? I'm sure they must be available elsewhere, but possibly no longer in the South East for whatever reason :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: 1

maxrigger

You shouldn't really need online classes, certainly no need to pay for them. Couple of things you need to be a good cook.

Good quality pots/pans/knives/whisk and scales.

Learn the basics but learn them well, learn to grill, fry, bake, stir fry and simmer. Get to know your stove and its little foibles like hot spots in the oven or grill. Once you get these basics mastered all you need is a recipe and maybe a picture of what you want to re-create.

bon appetit :)

maxrigger

@MerchantOfTea is correct, olive oil is 120 calories per tablespoon (15mls) 40 calories per teaspoon (5mls)
I stand corrected, my humble apologies :) But in perspective of a meal, something like some grilled steamed chicken, your 120 cals of dressing and some salad would come in a little over 500 calories so that won't kill you.

maxrigger

Maxsplaining
Indeed LOL

Honestly folks, get those real basics sorted and your confidence will lift and you'll move on from "I'm going to try and make this" to "I am going to make this". I'm lucky I grew up in a 'foodie' household where mom and dad were fantastic cooks and involved me in preparing food from a very young age but they drummed into me how getting the simple stuff right was the key to cooking.

Have fun with cooking, who cares if you mess up a dish first time round, thats no big deal, food is a great way of relaxing and spending time with friends and loved ones.

Tonight is a late dinner and i've got Ox Tail cooking in red wine in the slow cooker for when my lad gets off duty tonight :)

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Anybody good at tracking down clothes? I saw something a presenter was wearing recently. I googled, nothing, tried ASOS, nothing, any ideas?

maxrigger

WOW did I hit a raw nerve
max, please.

foodie doesn't need quotation marks

thats needs an apostrophe

oxtail is one word, no need for capitalisation either

get those real basics sorted and your confidence will lift and you'll move on from "I'm going to try to mansplain to these people" to "I am going to mansplain to these people" 🥰🥰🥰
WTF has my grammar got to do with cooking? I'm trying to encourage people to become better than they are and you nit pik...well done you.