Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @girolle :)

It's getting busy in the big turnout field now.

20210427_203442.jpg

And apparently the feed bucket is particularly interesting if you're a smol lamb.

20210427_181149_capture.jpg

I had to dash into town for more sheep feed today. Checked the remaining ladies before I set out, all grazing quietly together. 90 minutes later I was driving down the hill on the other side of the beach to our house and saw what looked very much like a ewe lambing on the track down to the bottom field. Went straight down when I got in and she was just cleaning up the second one!

In theory nothing is due now for about 5 days and then it's April, who is the last green bum left, and is allegedly expecting a single lamb. Looking at the size of her, I really hope it's twins or she's going to need some help getting it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
April has a blatant disregard for schedules :)

20210428_071142.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Has anyone tried this? Found it on Ocado. Good reviews.
36C83F99-9775-4407-9215-B5986F9624B0.jpeg
One review said it was like McDonald’s burger sauce. I’m looking for non sweet garlic and dill pickles. Anyone have any leads? I think Polish shops sell them but don’t know which name.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Exciting news to share with you all – I've just been offered my first full-time, professional job. Reading the MT has kept me sane while job seeking so I owe you all a huge thank(space)you for sharing your stories, memes, comments...just everything really. Can't wait to be reading Tattle on my lunch break lol! Lots of love to you all (now duck off x) ❤
Yay! Congratulations!

Reactions: 10
Has anyone tried this? Found it on Ocado. Good reviews. View attachment 549351 One review said it was like McDonald’s burger sauce. I’m looking for non sweet garlic and dill pickles. Anyone have any leads? I think Polish shops sell them but don’t know which name.
I would eat that with a spoon.

(Not in bed and definitely not with a smol spoon with eggs).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Exciting news to share with you all – I've just been offered my first full-time, professional job. Reading the MT has kept me sane while job seeking so I owe you all a huge thank(space)you for sharing your stories, memes, comments...just everything really. Can't wait to be reading Tattle on my lunch break lol! Lots of love to you all (now duck off x) ❤
Congratulations Girolle! Best of luck for your first day 🥳💕

Reactions: 8
April!!! She’s a maverick. And a field full of mini-vinegars!
What do the marks mean? Is it boy/girl?

Reactions: 10
Has anyone tried this? Found it on Ocado. Good reviews. View attachment 549351 One review said it was like McDonald’s burger sauce. I’m looking for non sweet garlic and dill pickles. Anyone have any leads? I think Polish shops sell them but don’t know which name.
Do let us know immediately if it's even remotely like McDonald's burger sauce. I adore gherkins and gherkin-adjacent items.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
April!!! She’s a maverick. And a field full of mini-vinegars!
What do the marks mean? Is it boy/girl?
The blue marks on the ewes are to tell me how many lambs they were scanned for - a stripe for twins and a spot for a single. There's also a faded green C on the centre of their backs, which is my flock mark. The lambs are just numbered in birth order so I can keep an eye on growth rates and make sure no one's falling behind. April had a boy :)

Went to feed the rest and found this lot sheltering out of a squall of rain going over.

lambs 2021-3.jpg

lambs 2021-4.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Oh I see the purple numbers now! I thought it was ye ancient shepherd’s mark of something. It’s a 7 and a 4 sprayed on a wiggly lamb isn’t it.
If only there were a bus stop shelter!

Reactions: 12
I should clarify I haven't actually used Tinder in years. I'm not even 57kg (although I would be in that weight class at a powerlifting meet). The whole thing was ...a lie :eek: I would like to try online dating again but I've been reading the dating threads on here and they do not fill me with confidence. I'd rather commit to a platonic relationship with 3.8kg of judgemental ratbag.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I need to get back on Tinder now that our restrictions have relaxed a bit! Such a minefield though...

In food news, my mum has just told me that she's grown her first asparagus, and apparently it takes FOUR YEARS from first sowing the seeds to getting a proper crop?! And to think we all thought four days was a long time to wait for salad!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I met my fella on Plenty of Fish. Couldn't hack Tinder. Swiping right (or left or whatever is a no) on people doesn't sit well with me.

I like to read a profile and take my time looking at pictures. Aware that makes me sound 100 years old but people aren't takeaway food for you to spool through!

Tinder rant over 😂

You should get out there TS you're a hilarious catch xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I should clarify I haven't actually used Tinder in years. I'm not even 57kg (although I would be in that weight class at a powerlifting meet). The whole thing was ...a lie :eek: I would like to try online dating again but I've been reading the dating threads on here and they do not fill me with confidence. I'd rather commit to a platonic relationship with 3.8kg of judgemental ratbag.
We need a secret signal for powerifting meets. Headgear is not allowed or I would suggest a pineapple? Maybe I will stick a few fronds to my belt? I haven't weighed myself for a number of years since the morning of the insert-triangulatable-competition but I reckon I could slip into 52kg. duck I can't wait to get back to my club - we can't open till the 17th due to the "group" rules but we are having a outside lifting charity day this Saturday and I am EXCITED.

Also, Fraus of F&D, I have something gorgeous to show you which is F&D related but I sadly can't for flying monkey/soap delivery fears. I found myself in smol town yesterday for care home visits and ordered at very short notice some amazing vegan cakes from a one-woman operation, she was at work till 11pm the night before but really wanted to get them done on time for me and I was so thankful. They are just INCREDIBLE - they taste amazing and the work she has put into the decoration - dried flowers, faceted chocolate hearts, gold leaf, piping techniques *chefs kiss*
Dimwit me decided to big her up on social media to help promote though so its all very triangle.

No reason to buy cakes but wanted to support her and also treat myself ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Look who I just spotted on the corner by the surgery as I turned into the village :)

20210429_133050.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Nibbles - Hiya!
Loppy - Er, what are you doing here?
406 - what you wanting??
406 looks sheepish to me.

Sorry.

(Just found out Stephen Graham is going to be in Peaky Blinders. I LOVE him and am a little bit excited. Luckily Mrs Tunnel also loves him.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.