Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Morningstar

PRISCILLA AND ASA PLEASE READ THIS!!! Instead of trying to continually make Abby come into your world why not make an Abby night to spend in hers. Stay home..order take out and gather all her favorite things. Dance, roll a ball around the floor, stack big building blocks. Do Karaoke or play games. Do SIMPLE crafts. Now play with and interact with her. So what if her attention span is short. Take her to a playpark, let her run, kick and throw a ball around. Get a giant inflatable one. Blow bubbles, play in the sand and playground equipment. Have a picnic. Lay on a blanket and look at the clouds. Show her fold out books and read to her. Play music and dance. NOW THAT IS WHAT SHE WOULD LOVE..ANY OR ALL OF IT! DO IT FOR HER!!! STOP trying to continually teach that beautiful girl..let her be the wonderful one of a kind child that she is. God blessed you with her. Give her more than timed breaks on a schedule. Don't let your days get so busy that you miss spending real time with her..not moments. She is here..now. Many of we parents whom have lost children only wish we could put aside things and sit down and play with our children. Dollars won't lean their head on your shoulder and snuggle.AND DON'T FILM ANY OF IT!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

uncannyvalley

I've been watching some of the older videos. Honestly, no matter how much fame or YouTube money these people get, I can't help feeling sorry for them. I just can't. Life with Abbie looks MISERABLE. The constant yelling, the potty problems, night time problems, the nose picking ... no amount of money in the world would make me feel okay about living with a child like that. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I truly am, but it looks awful.

I can't blame Priscilla for wanting to do her own thing. Her weight loss, MLM bullshit, and ridiculous "cooking channel" are completely understandable to me. She has spent her adult life as the fat, depressed mother of a severely disabled child who, frankly, seems hard to love, let alone live with and care for. That and her shitty husband ... sometimes I think fine, let the woman have something that's just hers! Her only true joy in life all these years has probably been Isaiah (thank god for him).

I wish I didn't think this way about Abbie. She's a complete innocent here. I wish I thought she was an angel, or she is part of "God's plan," or she brings joy and meaning to their lives, and so on. Maybe she does, to the family and for other people who comment on their vids. Better people than I, for sure. I just see her as a burden and source of great disappointment. I know, I know, "welcome to Holland," etc. etc. I think this is why, while i do criticize the Maass family a lot, I can't help but feel for them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

LUZZb

Like this comment if you are a former fan who has seen the light. #Solidarity #SupportGroup

Reactions: 20

LUZZb

Like if you will not be satisfied until this situation is addressed. @Asa Maass this is your hint.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Monkey1651

VIP Member
Pigcilla probably resents that asa had a normal (I know how much he hates that term) girl baby with another woman and her girl baby is severely intellectually disabled. There’s probably some deep psychological issues there that she should really see someone about. I mean, the whole family should see a therapist for having to live with Abby. As horrible as that sounds they need someone they can talk to about all the issues. Especially Isaiah. That poor kid is probably scarred for life for having to care for his sister.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
Gushcloud Talent!
We need to let them know there is zero autism and or awareness on this channel.
Let them know what this channel is really all about!

Dear GushCloud Talent Agency,
I am astonished that your company would endorse and support a family like FatheringAutism. FatheringAutism is becoming one of the most disrespectful, condescending, and uneducated platforms for showing a child that has more intellectual developmental disabilities and trying to hang on to the “Autism” label as “click bait.” Many parents, educators and professionals in the arena of Autism world (myself included, as I have 4 children on the Autism Spectrum), are starting to see the hard truths about this family and they are starting to tarnish the community.
Abbie is a wonderful girl that has IDD and Autism (I used that loosely and while she shows some characteristics, may not even have a current diagnosis of Autism)... Her parents though do very little to grow her capabilities and constantly complain of any mess that she makes. They rarely engage Abbie, unless they have a camera in their hands. The last thing Abbie needs is more cameras in her face and as an agency, I can only imagine how much more she will be forced to “work” just to get the attention she is desperately needing from her family.
Please reconsider your position with this family. I am not the only one that feels this way and sees these things. The Maass Family has been investigated by DSS (though I don’t agree with it going that far, as just non engagement of a special needs child isn’t considered neglect) but it is starting to come close to that, as much as she is no engaged and gets into messes. There are several blogs that have posted about this family and the negative light that they give off and a few boards that are gathering followings of people starting to open their eyes and see the lack of Autism Awareness that they actually give off...
Many years ago, I believed the same thing though. Asa’s first blogs were wonderful and really showed some progress that Abbie was making but as money rolled in, the less and less engaged they have became, the less the Autism is being shown due to her IDD coming more forefront and the less they engage Abbie to do activities (unless of course, it is for a vlog or someone is paying for them to do it)...
Again, please reconsider your position having this family as spokes people for your agency.
Sincerely
Sam-I-Am

Yes, this is the message that I just sent them...

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Jenpude

I use to like this family .... I actually started thinking over the last few weeks . WTF this family is totally exploiting her ! And that Assa is so dam rude and you can tell it’s his way or no way in that home ! Like a big cry baby if things don’t go right and then Priscilla is giving beauty advice and works for a scam company And making meals in front of the camera ??? It just all started getting out of hand and I thought to myself “ am I the only one who thinks this Family is out of control “??! I was so happy when I googled and saw this thread !!!! Finally people who see what I see !!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
New member, first post.

I loved this channel for a while, then started noticing some things about them and their friends but thought, "is it just me?" Now I see it isn't just me.

My first inkling was when they all went to VidCon, and the Wee family was there. The child started making noise while someone was speaking and they wanted mom to take her out. The Wee family was so hurt and the Maass family said it was a learning experience for the speaker and the audience. What parent in their right mind takes ANY child to an adult speech and sits them up front? Any so called normal child will get bored and make noise, why do that? Stand in the back so you will not bother people and can leave without making a scene. Don't whine and cry because you had to be asked to leave....get some common sense people.

I started seeing both families quite differently at that moment.

I also do not understand why Abbie gets a pass on being violent with her brother and mom. That should have been stopped a long time ago. Pinching, hitting, headbutting, NOT acceptable!! I would be afraid to have her around children for that reason.

• Heart

jadedandcaffeinated

Yes like when they took her to the convenience store and asked her to pick out an item but then said “no, choose something else”. That might be confusing for her when she doesn’t know WHY she’s being told no. Isn’t the point of the task to show her she has the freedom to pick her own item? Then you have Priscilla, Summer and Becca all trying to tell her to pick something. That must be confusing.
Also like.... so what if she picks something she doesn't like? Honestly that would probably enforce her learning the importance of choice. She's not gonna starve because she didn't get the flavor of cookies or chips she normally does. The girl gets to make very few choices and have very little autonomy, let her fucking live a little.

This also comes down to them being poor planners. They all went into that dessert place with ZERO gameplan. Brandy needs to tell them to STFU while she works. They need to not talk. They should have decided beforehand how they were going to let her choose. Are we going to let her point to the case? Or are we going to buy two desserts and let her pick from those two? Instead, they end up crowding the register, yelling over each other, and stressing out the poor retail worker who doesn't know how to help. Such a mess and a waste of time.

Apollo111

I think the way they bring her places is good. Like it makes sense to get her out and about in the world etc. But there's a time and a place. I have autism myself and all her yelling and loud noises would upset and bother me if she was sat next to me. I have very very very good hearing and a lot of sensory issues. Am I not also allowed to be out and about without having to listen to all that shouting and carrying on. She's not the only one in the universe with autism. It's ok for a few minutes I understand it's not her fault etc but they are very very umm arrogant I guess is the word? Maybe obnoxious too ?And by the way I do think she has autism but I think developmental delay FAR out weighs the autism diagnosis. I'm not sure but they parade abi around like that and let her behave crazy and let it go too far in places like expensive restaurants. Like when I was younger if I was getting upset or having a meltdown my parents would never drag me around places like she has to go to. Knowing that it would stress me out. They do it for video footage and whilst doing it they could be bothering other people's kids with their own set of additional needs. It's just not fair and very rude. They are NOT raising awareness at all. All they are doing is making people think all kids with autism have no manners and behave like they want and the world should just let them do it. What if everyones kids with autism grew up like that, then what? The world would be nuts. They are not helping her on purpose and not talking with her on purpose they don't want her to progress then they wouldn't have so many meltdown videos for views. Most of the time I don't even think her mom likes her. She probably does love her and all but I don't think she likes who her daughter is at all. And part of it is their own faults they don't even talk TO her

• Heart
  • Sad

jadedandcaffeinated

That and I would have been really pissed if I had been on the plane from California. Had I been in the seat in front of her I would have flipped. Years of work have let me recover from being clobbered by my brother almost every day, but in an enclosed close being inundated with noise and being touched constantly and the PTSD would real. After that they boarded the next flight. Because getting a rental car was just not feasible for some reason?
The funniest thing about them forcing her into these confined spaces and bothering other people in the name of "acceptance" is that when they received an award for their vlogs.... they chose not to have her in the room bc she would be disruptive. The hypocrisy of it all. Didn't want her to ruin HIS big moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
I've been watching some of the older videos. Honestly, no matter how much fame or YouTube money these people get, I can't help feeling sorry for them. I just can't. Life with Abbie looks MISERABLE. The constant yelling, the potty problems, night time problems, the nose picking ... no amount of money in the world would make me feel okay about living with a child like that. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I truly am, but it looks awful.

I can't blame Priscilla for wanting to do her own thing. Her weight loss, MLM bullshit, and ridiculous "cooking channel" are completely understandable to me. She has spent her adult life as the fat, depressed mother of a severely disabled child who, frankly, seems hard to love, let alone live with and care for. That and her shitty husband ... sometimes I think fine, let the woman have something that's just hers! Her only true joy in life all these years has probably been Isaiah (thank god for him).

I wish I didn't think this way about Abbie. She's a complete innocent here. I wish I thought she was an angel, or she is part of "God's plan," or she brings joy and meaning to their lives, and so on. Maybe she does, to the family and for other people who comment on their vids. Better people than I, for sure. I just see her as a burden and source of great disappointment. I know, I know, "welcome to Holland," etc. etc. I think this is why, while i do criticize the Maass family a lot, I can't help but feel for them.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I am a Mom of 4 Special Needs children myself (all on the Autism Spectrum, in some fashion)... I have people tell me daily “I don’t know how you do it” or “I would have placed my child into an institution.” The last comment was hard and when my youngest was little.
I like to think that my youngest child was about where Abbie was, when she was around 4-6 years old. The difference, we had early intervention started at 2 years old. The child in question was working bi-weekly with Speech and Occupational Therapist, then weekly with physical therapist. Of course, we had the normal issues with preschools refusing to take the child’s enrollment or after a year, denying re-enrollment due to a laundry list (ages 2-3-4). Then went on to special preschools at almost age 5 and into the world of special education with afternoon private therapies (yes, I sat 4-5 nights a week, from an hour to 4 hours straight, in a therapist office afterschool, so the kids could get their therapies and we followed up on all homework from school and the therapist).

Saying this, with ALL this backing, my child is now mainstreamed in school with limited help and pull outs for reading. The child isn’t potty trained but we are almost there. The child has plenty of celebrations and we will accomplish one goal at a time...
Anyways, where was I going, that is right, I really feel that A & P let down Abbie, especially in those early years. Those days she came off the bus, should have had some homework and afternoon therapies attached to them. What they didn’t need was to be sat back into a room, with a television and bed and parents that basically ignored her, while they ran their shop...
Now, I feel they are reaping what they sow. I don’t agree though that they should be living the high life, just because they have a child that makes their life more difficult.. Yes, it sucks but they really have a direct way of not helping Abbie as much as they could have and even to this day, continually ignore her or set her up for failure, which is totally the incorrect way to parent a special needs child..

We don’t live rich. I can’t remember the last time we took a vacation (I just remember I don’t want to do it again and it wasn’t a vacation). We don’t have fancy vehicles, our trusty van gets us where we need (though it doesn’t hold everyone and the wheelchair needed). We don’t have a fancy house (we hope to purchase one, one day but for now live in an apartment).. We definitely don’t get nights out, tickets to football games, etc.. Every single penny is budgeted and accounted for and there are no savings. We have poured everything into our kids and when I die, I can say, I did everything that I could possibly do for my children..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Piggylips

Oh he reads definitely reads here...

I love that they have to spend Abbie’s exploitation money on a management company, trips so have they content, buying gaudy home decor for content, eating out almost everyday for content, drinking Dunkin coffee everyday for content. I mean one can only stand watch their typical vlogs of...
* Getting Abby ready for school every morning
* putting Abby in the car to go to school in the morning and talking about the weather
* dropping Abby off at school every morning “have a great day sweet girl”
* insert some B roll of traffic
* return home where the two “work from home” so called “you tube creators and influencers” try to astound us with their knowledge all the while googling their next gig or exploring opportunities, live streaming clown makeup, or attempting to make videos depicting 🐷Cilla as the next “real life mom boss”
* cut to, Abbie coming home taking off her shoes, going to the bathroom, stuffing her face with sugary, processed snacks”
* to ending the videos with 🐷Cilla sitting in her usual sofa spot with her phone in her face researching dance challenges on tictok
* Summer giggling nonstop next to Abbie
* ASSa hanging over the wall, babbling incessantly about everything HE knows.
* cut to Abbie “close it out”
* pathetic blooper attempt.

Everyday over and over. They will go into debt trying to create content.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

jadedandcaffeinated

yeah I felt so bad for that poor person behind the counter. she seemed very kind and patient, but I can't imagine how irritating and stressful it must have been to have three adults and one child all talking over each other about how to pick out one item, with one of them brandishing a camera about.
Especially uncomfortable for the worker because they obviously are trying to teach Abbie to choose and communicate that to the woman behind the counter, but the woman behind the counter doesn't know if she should be just paying attention to what Abbie wants or checking with the adults! It puts her in such an awkward position where she could be accused of not respecting Abbie or not going with what the parents/therapist say. Before they start the process, one of them should have stepped ahead and briefly told the person behind the counter what they're doing and how to make it easy for her.

Stripe69

VIP Member
It makes me wonder how they will cope in the future when they are older and she is much bigger and stronger. I couldn’t cope with it and I am sorry if that offends anyone but I am just being honest.

Silverlady

I was a supporter. I paid for a lower tier of Patreon but had been aware I would raise it if I liked what I saw. . I believed in them and their message. Then they moved house ...boy, did they MOVE!!!! .MY mouth was on my chest as I realised virtually everything in the house was brand new ....and the office, well, mega bucks of equipment. Four poster beds, new sofas, just nothing from the old house, all given away to charity I remember......And suddenly I realised this was about big bucks. Suddenly it all felt uncomfortable. Now, I am not jealous, I am doing ok myself. But it feels FA turned into a gross money making machine. I pulled my sub. PDQ. I wasn’t into funding their exorbitant lifestyle. I have no problems with people becoming successful, but it feels they are becoming a bloated caricature of who they started out to be. CN had had enough. Who could blame her. Parents profiting off her hard art work with Abbie. I googled the amount being earned by FA, apart from LimeLife and the merch..... It’s a huge amount monthly and took a drastic leap upwards from the summer of 2019.

• Heart

lovesis

VIP Member
A lot of viewers are upset about them not vaccinating. Im not into the debate on vaccines, but at least they are being called out on something.

Also I found this comment interesting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

lonesurvivor

Hey everyone. I've been reading on this site for a long time, but never posted. I started off like a lot of you and became a fan quickly and watched religiously. When they moved, I started to see through the cracks. They're all so awkward and mindful around Asa, and you can tell how controlling he is. All he does is exploit his kids, spreads no awareness, and puts people down who ask genuine questions. The reason I found you guys was because I noticed their fans in the comments were literally all worshipping everything they said. It was creepy. I googled reviews for them and found you guys. This family doesn't deserve to earn money off of their child who cant even consent to be filmed. The way they talk about her right in front of her is so demeaning, and they act so entitled and cringy.

• Heart

jadedandcaffeinated

They talk about people "staring" at them. Like everyone, everywhere they go, should be able to take it in stride that a teenage-sized person is yelling. Even if you know why, it can be startling and you would look over out of reflex. Almost like A is parking himself and Abbie in busy places and then challenging people to not look at them. And he's holding a camera, so it makes it even more awkward.

Going someplace and having it go smoothly doesn't make for interesting content, though....

I agree. I so don't get taking her to the hardest situations and then just seeing what happens. And some places may just be too hard. There are places to this day that my brother does not do well in. We stick with what works.
Also, not every person who is staring is judging her for being autistic. An almost adult sized person is screaming and grunting.... people are going to keep an eye out to make sure she's okay. It doesn't mean they don't "accept" autism.

If you're going to take someone with autism and extreme stimming behaviors out somewhere that is potentially triggering to them, you owe it to the autistic person to make the experience as smooth as possible. Both parents focused, wait staff aware of what's happening, placed somewhere that is somewhat quiet or close to an exit. It's disrespectful to shove a camera in Abbie's face while she's already in a stressful environment that she DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE IN. When the camera is out it means that you're #1 priority is filming, not making it a pleasant experience for her. They need to put the cameras down. live in the moment. and actually FOCUS on their daughter and what she needs instead of scolding her and trying to get content.

• Heart