Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am just thankful that they were at least socially understanding and found acceptance in not wanting to record the homeless people, when they handed out the bags..
Did they really hand out bags? We never actually saw them do it. Easy to say.

Reactions: 3
Very true but they said they did, they did get at least very close to the camp area. They had all the bags and then did a “hour later” type video start back, saying the bags went super quick.

Reactions: 1
They are deleting some comments. On one of the comments that Ev V replied to on the “dad's gone” video there was a reply yesterday about the information being public record that's not there anymore...

Reactions: 8
The # of women who go into their YT comments to say: “Is it just me or did Asa’s accent get thicker while in VA.” Holy hell women out there. What kind of prozac/opioid/xanax are they on that so many repeat the same freaking lines while arse kissing for attn?! They need to get some self-awareness! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
I've been watching some of the older videos. Honestly, no matter how much fame or YouTube money these people get, I can't help feeling sorry for them. I just can't. Life with Abbie looks MISERABLE. The constant yelling, the potty problems, night time problems, the nose picking ... no amount of money in the world would make me feel okay about living with a child like that. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I truly am, but it looks awful.

I can't blame Priscilla for wanting to do her own thing. Her weight loss, MLM bullshit, and ridiculous "cooking channel" are completely understandable to me. She has spent her adult life as the fat, depressed mother of a severely disabled child who, frankly, seems hard to love, let alone live with and care for. That and her crappy husband ... sometimes I think fine, let the woman have something that's just hers! Her only true joy in life all these years has probably been Isaiah (thank god for him).

I wish I didn't think this way about Abbie. She's a complete innocent here. I wish I thought she was an angel, or she is part of "God's plan," or she brings joy and meaning to their lives, and so on. Maybe she does, to the family and for other people who comment on their vids. Better people than I, for sure. I just see her as a burden and source of great disappointment. I know, I know, "welcome to Holland," etc. etc. I think this is why, while i do criticize the Maass family a lot, I can't help but feel for them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I've been watching some of the older videos. Honestly, no matter how much fame or YouTube money these people get, I can't help feeling sorry for them. I just can't. Life with Abbie looks MISERABLE. The constant yelling, the potty problems, night time problems, the nose picking ... no amount of money in the world would make me feel okay about living with a child like that. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, I truly am, but it looks awful.

I can't blame Priscilla for wanting to do her own thing. Her weight loss, MLM bullshit, and ridiculous "cooking channel" are completely understandable to me. She has spent her adult life as the fat, depressed mother of a severely disabled child who, frankly, seems hard to love, let alone live with and care for. That and her crappy husband ... sometimes I think fine, let the woman have something that's just hers! Her only true joy in life all these years has probably been Isaiah (thank god for him).

I wish I didn't think this way about Abbie. She's a complete innocent here. I wish I thought she was an angel, or she is part of "God's plan," or she brings joy and meaning to their lives, and so on. Maybe she does, to the family and for other people who comment on their vids. Better people than I, for sure. I just see her as a burden and source of great disappointment. I know, I know, "welcome to Holland," etc. etc. I think this is why, while i do criticize the Maass family a lot, I can't help but feel for them.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I am a Mom of 4 Special Needs children myself (all on the Autism Spectrum, in some fashion)... I have people tell me daily “I don’t know how you do it” or “I would have placed my child into an institution.” The last comment was hard and when my youngest was little.
I like to think that my youngest child was about where Abbie was, when she was around 4-6 years old. The difference, we had early intervention started at 2 years old. The child in question was working bi-weekly with Speech and Occupational Therapist, then weekly with physical therapist. Of course, we had the normal issues with preschools refusing to take the child’s enrollment or after a year, denying re-enrollment due to a laundry list (ages 2-3-4). Then went on to special preschools at almost age 5 and into the world of special education with afternoon private therapies (yes, I sat 4-5 nights a week, from an hour to 4 hours straight, in a therapist office afterschool, so the kids could get their therapies and we followed up on all homework from school and the therapist).

Saying this, with ALL this backing, my child is now mainstreamed in school with limited help and pull outs for reading. The child isn’t potty trained but we are almost there. The child has plenty of celebrations and we will accomplish one goal at a time...
Anyways, where was I going, that is right, I really feel that A & P let down Abbie, especially in those early years. Those days she came off the bus, should have had some homework and afternoon therapies attached to them. What they didn’t need was to be sat back into a room, with a television and bed and parents that basically ignored her, while they ran their shop...
Now, I feel they are reaping what they sow. I don’t agree though that they should be living the high life, just because they have a child that makes their life more difficult.. Yes, it sucks but they really have a direct way of not helping Abbie as much as they could have and even to this day, continually ignore her or set her up for failure, which is totally the incorrect way to parent a special needs child..

We don’t live rich. I can’t remember the last time we took a vacation (I just remember I don’t want to do it again and it wasn’t a vacation). We don’t have fancy vehicles, our trusty van gets us where we need (though it doesn’t hold everyone and the wheelchair needed). We don’t have a fancy house (we hope to purchase one, one day but for now live in an apartment).. We definitely don’t get nights out, tickets to football games, etc.. Every single penny is budgeted and accounted for and there are no savings. We have poured everything into our kids and when I die, I can say, I did everything that I could possibly do for my children..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yup. Very easy to say.
Because when ya tell one lie...typically ya tell another and another and.....
I don't trust anything that falls out of their mouths.

@uncannyvalley you make a lot of good logical points. You are a person filled with love. I can see that and I like that about you.
I just can't get my heart there. Maybe because my head says they are not innocent victims who are worthy of compassion. Especially when they deliberately set out to exploit a kid who is IDD and has no voice in exchange for money!
That's just me.
I believe it's wrong and I believe they should not be doing it.
Maybe one day my cold heart can change. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The whole Holland thing is just bullshit. The idea that you planned to go one place and got detoured but hey, here is just as good. Um. No. I'm too cynical for that.
I am not a parent of a disabled child and that is important to my take on things. I'm a sibling and much younger. So I've never known life without autism in my family. I was along for the ride on a lot of things that maybe I shouldn't have been. I was the first to even get close to the issue when I was 10. My brother was in a group home and it just wasn't working. The other residents were intellectually delayed, but nice. My brother is highly intelligent, but not pleasant to be around. So my Mom was talking to a social worker about it and why it wasn't a good fit. They were going back and forth about why. Finally I'd had enough and said that my brother was the smartest person I knew but he was a social r------. I was ten and didn't have any other way to put it. All of a sudden the social worker was asking me to clarify and that was the start of people asking me for input about my brother.
It made me a little adult. It changed my life in so many ways. Later I read about the siblings of disabled kids and saw so much of myself. I never wanted children. I love kids, but I saw other people in the family who were like my brother and figured it must be genetic. It just seemed like a bad plan to play the genetic lottery.
The experience probably made me a more empathetic person. I can definitely relate to people who've dealt with loss. It gave me a great sense of humor. I can find the humor in almost anything. I like to think it gave me more wisdom than I would have had. But I'm not "grateful" for any of it. It was hard and watching my mother struggle was hard. I was a child and I saw and understood but had little power to change things. As I got older, I was better at coping and helping. And in the end I left for college and left mother alone to deal with it. It was the best thing I ever did for myself and the worst thing I ever did for her.
It is still hard. But I have my husband and I've learned that while the problem doesn't go away and doesn't get smaller, I've gotten bigger and more skilled at dealing with it.
All that to explain why "Holland" wasn't a nice detour......

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She said ‘brother from another mother!’ about Mav....ummm 👀 Were you all thinking the same there? Awkward!

• Haha
So this lady currently can’t afford to join but when she gets better and finds a job she’d like to become a member of the cult ? What is wrong with people ??? That definitely should be your first priority, make sure when you finally get a paycheck you help out the Moss family ! Dear lord almighty I just can’t with these people !!!!
E3D57ECA-9C61-49F5-8201-502BCAB2A5AC.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
So this lady currently can’t afford to join but when she gets better and finds a job she’d like to become a member of the cult ? What is wrong with people ??? That definitely should be your first priority, make sure when you finally get a paycheck you help out the Moss family ! Dear lord almighty I just can’t with these people !!!!View attachment 78216
She is out of work... but is thinking about supporting a family that takes constant vacations and lives in over half million dollar home with all new furnishings, brand new car, lots of toys? Unreal! Just what do they think they are supporting?

She said ‘brother from another mother!’ about Mav....ummm 👀 Were you all thinking the same there? Awkward!
🤣 I about spit out my tea!!! See, P could have stepped up and addressed it right then.. “Abbie, yeah, he is your brother from another Mother. You have a sister from another Mama too and ___...” See, perfect lead in...
Nope, nothing, nada..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
did y’all catch 🐷 tell Abbie to shut the gate as she was walking to the car? I thought that was elopement waiting to happen since Abbie was behind her.
About the bags, I sure hope they did hand them out since Abbie’s class help fill them. Thought it was dumb that they had the #MAASSSQUAD sent stuff to put in them.

Reactions: 5
She is out of work... but is thinking about supporting a family that takes constant vacations and lives in over half million dollar home with all new furnishings, brand new car, lots of toys? Unreal! Just what do they think they are supporting?
I think they think that by paying to support they'll be part of the family. Or get some attention. And maybe they will. They do tend to respond more to the people who pay.

I would love to see the actual people that do support them .... I’m sure 90’percent of the people are probably scraping to get by , struggling to keep a roof over their head but gotta make sure that monthly payment is taken out every month for the Moss Family ! Wouldn’t want them to go without their Dunkins! It’s all very sad and maddening at the same time !!!!

I was watching a old vlog and saw this question one of the cult followers asked .... LIAR !!!!!
04E0ADAD-DECD-4888-9577-127EEDC5302C.png

• Wow
  • Haha
I watched an older vlog when Asa was talking about how the channel started etc...he said he didn't think it would get this big. Like hell he didn't!!! He knew there was $$$ in it or he wouldn't have bothered. Omg who is he trying to kid?

Abbie scares me. One day she is going to crush someone's face or perhaps bite their face. When she is stiming she is totally out of control.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.