Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've noticed when they talk with her they also use a lot of junk filler phrases instead of keeping things simple and clear. Instead of "Abbie, would you like this? or this?" they'll say things like "we gotta make a decision!" "Let's decide what you want!" "Come on you like these!" All sorts of phrases that aren't clear about what is being asked of her and aren't helpful. That's just one example but they do it a LOT. I sometimes want to yell at them to just STFU and let her process. Talking at her more using phrases she hasn't learned well is going to make her so confused.

And then when they ask her to make a decision they NEVER LET HER ACTUALLY MAKE THE DECISION. It's always "Oh you don't want that!" "You'd like this better!" Like how is she supposed to understand choosing if they never let her actually do it??
Yes like when they took her to the convenience store and asked her to pick out an item but then said “no, choose something else”. Isn’t the point of the task to show her she has the freedom to pick her own item?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So this! WTF. Or if she chooses a snack at home they debate if she will eat it or not and try to get her to choose another snack. Let her freaking try a piece.

Reactions: 7
Yes like when they took her to the convenience store and asked her to pick out an item but then said “no, choose something else”. That might be confusing for her when she doesn’t know WHY she’s being told no. Isn’t the point of the task to show her she has the freedom to pick her own item? Then you have Priscilla, Summer and Becca all trying to tell her to pick something. That must be confusing.
Also like.... so what if she picks something she doesn't like? Honestly that would probably enforce her learning the importance of choice. She's not gonna starve because she didn't get the flavor of cookies or chips she normally does. The girl gets to make very few choices and have very little autonomy, let her bleeping live a little.

This also comes down to them being poor planners. They all went into that dessert place with ZERO gameplan. Brandy needs to tell them to STFU while she works. They need to not talk. They should have decided beforehand how they were going to let her choose. Are we going to let her point to the case? Or are we going to buy two desserts and let her pick from those two? Instead, they end up crowding the register, yelling over each other, and stressing out the poor retail worker who doesn't know how to help. Such a mess and a waste of time.

Reactions: 17
Also like.... so what if she picks something she doesn't like? Honestly that would probably enforce her learning the importance of choice. She's not gonna starve because she didn't get the flavor of cookies or chips she normally does. The girl gets to make very few choices and have very little autonomy, let her bleeping live a little.

This also comes down to them being poor planners. They all went into that dessert place with ZERO gameplan. Brandy needs to tell them to STFU while she works. They need to not talk. They should have decided beforehand how they were going to let her choose. Are we going to let her point to the case? Or are we going to buy two desserts and let her pick from those two? Instead, they end up crowding the register, yelling over each other, and stressing out the poor retail worker who doesn't know how to help. Such a mess and a waste of time.
yeah I felt so bad for that poor person behind the counter. she seemed very kind and patient, but I can't imagine how irritating and stressful it must have been to have three adults and one child all talking over each other about how to pick out one item, with one of them brandishing a camera about.

Reactions: 12
yeah I felt so bad for that poor person behind the counter. she seemed very kind and patient, but I can't imagine how irritating and stressful it must have been to have three adults and one child all talking over each other about how to pick out one item, with one of them brandishing a camera about.
Especially uncomfortable for the worker because they obviously are trying to teach Abbie to choose and communicate that to the woman behind the counter, but the woman behind the counter doesn't know if she should be just paying attention to what Abbie wants or checking with the adults! It puts her in such an awkward position where she could be accused of not respecting Abbie or not going with what the parents/therapist say. Before they start the process, one of them should have stepped ahead and briefly told the person behind the counter what they're doing and how to make it easy for her.

Reactions: 15

Exactly! Even when she picked an Almond Joy at the convenience store Priscilla says “I don’t know if you’re going to eat an Almond Joy, you’ve never had one”. And she makes her put it back. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Exactly! Even when she picked an Almond Joy at the convenience store Priscilla says “I don’t know if you’re going to eat an Almond Joy, you’ve never had one”. And she makes her put it back. :rolleyes:
This pisses me off to no end, when they do this!!! They "give her a choice" but then take the choice away because it doesn't fit them or something they would have chosen.. It is completely giving her mixed signals.. :(

Reactions: 12
This pisses me off to no end, when they do this!!! They "give her a choice" but then take the choice away because it doesn't fit them or something they would have chosen.. It is completely giving her mixed signals.. :(
I also feel like this might seem a bit of a stretch, but I also thing it sets a dangerous precedent for Abbie. Your choices don't matter. If you say no, someone can choose to do something anyway. You choose one thing, someone will just choose something else for you anyway. Autonomy is SO important. You're even supposed to start practicing it with babies before they can talk or understand. She may not consciously understand exactly what's going on but in the end she will learn "What I want for myself doesn't matter" and that's very scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And after all that chaos and BS with A&P not letting Brandi do her job, A says "If you're ABA therapy doesn't look like this, you should be concerned."

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And after all that chaos and BS with A&P not letting Brandi do her job, A says "If you're ABA therapy doesn't look like this, you should be concerned."
I would be concerned if my child’s therapist allowed me to talk all over her and our visits looked like that, personally.. I first would never be taping their visits, interrupting the therapist all the time, nor acting the way they do..

I love Pricilla's grilled cheese, I make it that way all the time now. The one with mayo instead of butter on the outside, either Muenster or Fontina cheese and red pepper jelly, it's delicious.
Before pigcill gets too much credit, we saw the mayo trick on a cooking ch yrs ago & it’s even better w/ sourdough bread & then swiss or whatever you choose. Mayo is so much better than butter.

When accidents happen most so close to home, they are really living on the edge driving that open air “buggy” on the roads w/ distracted drivers everywhere! They can do it anytime, but not fair to Abbie.

Also, god forbid they get in an accident in the car, her feet would be unprotected w/o her shoes on. I think of that anytime I take my shoes off in a car. In any case, the smelly shoes on/off & hence, dirty hands thing gets old. Why not edit that out? lol.

Why do i always sense they’re trying to get Abbie to go for the biggest & fattiest treat like the brownie? And notice no clip of her eating the cookie like a feral child this time. I must’ve paused & played the choc covered pretzel clip back several times just to see that feral expression & how fast she was. Many said she looked feral. Must’ve been why he didn’t show it today. And good going Summer...teaching these sugar addicted parents it’s OK to cut back on the treats by only offering 1/2 the cookie. Abbie won’t miss it!

I cringe when I hear Asa say “ super cute “ like today he referred to Abbys sneakers as “ super cute “ I’m sorry what grown man says that ? He says it constantly !!!
And not to mention that he sounds like a gay arse man!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It's yet another example of saying one thing and doing another. One of Asa's major (and oftentimes unrealistic) goals for Abbie is for her to be as independent as possible. By not letting her choose a frickin candy bar or making her keep choosing until she selects the one THEY want her to have is robbing her of what very little autonomy she has (as was previously mentioned).
So what if she chooses something and doesn't end up eating it? It's a cpl of dollars and with the amount of Dunkin and Chick-Fil-A they get every day, I think they can swing $1.50 on candy. Not to mention if she doesn't end up eating it, I'm sure someone else will. It's not like it would go to waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It's yet another example of saying one thing and doing another. One of Asa's major (and oftentimes unrealistic) goals for Abbie is for her to be as independent as possible. By not letting her choose a frickin candy bar or making her keep choosing until she selects they one THEY want her to have is robbing her of what very little autonomy she has (as was previously mentioned).
So what if she chooses something and doesn't end up eating it? It's a cpl of dollars and with the amount of Dunkin and Chick-Fil-A they get every day, I think they can swing $1.50 on candy. Not to mention if she doesn't end up eating it, I'm sure someone else will. It's not like it would go to waste.
Just another example of Asa being a control freak

Reactions: 6
Before pigcill gets too much credit, we saw the mayo trick on a cooking ch yrs ago & it’s even better w/ sourdough bread & then swiss or whatever you choose. Mayo is so much better than butter.

When accidents happen most so close to home, they are really living on the edge driving that open air “buggy” on the roads w/ distracted drivers everywhere! They can do it anytime, but not fair to Abbie.

Also, god forbid they get in an accident in the car, her feet would be unprotected w/o her shoes on. I think of that anytime I take my shoes off in a car. In any case, the smelly shoes on/off & hence, dirty hands thing gets old. Why not edit that out? lol.

Why do i always sense they’re trying to get Abbie to go for the biggest & fattiest treat like the brownie? And notice no clip of her eating the cookie like a feral child this time. I must’ve paused & played the choc covered pretzel clip back several times just to see that feral expression & how fast she was. Many said she looked feral. Must’ve been why he didn’t show it today. And good going Summer...teaching these sugar addicted parents it’s OK to cut back on the treats by only offering 1/2 the cookie. Abbie won’t miss it!

He is a soy boy, remember

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i Would suggest some Egyptian sandals or some kind of footwear that she can’t take off to change that behavior. I still say she understands more than they give her credit for.

Ps maybe if they Tried some sneakers and double knotted them it would be much more difficult to take them off in public

And who is this Casey stickle? Could it be one of their dummy accounts I’m starting to wonder at 11:11 of today’s video someone commented it sounded like Abby said I give up I went back to that video replayed it three times and it most certainly said that yet this Casey girl says that’s just one of her sounds. Wow
When I watched it the first time, it sounded like she said "I do wanna eat." I replayed it at least 3 times. She doesn't usually make those noises

Reactions: 2
When I watched it the first time, it sounded like she said "I do wanna eat." I replayed it at least 3 times. She doesn't usually make those noises
Maybe she is trying her best...almost a frantic attempt to get someone in that dysfunctional house (IMO) to pay attention to her!!
Even though man boobs denies it and it triggers him very badly, occasionally there are lots of comments saying Abbie is saying things.
Who knows.

I do not understand why the ABA therapists of the world have not united and gone public to address his dumbassery on their profession.
Brandi, IMO, is too meek to stand up to him and he controls her after years of conditioning.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Maybe she is trying her best...almost a frantic attempt to get someone in that dysfunctional house (IMO) to pay attention to her!!
Even though man boobs denies it and it triggers him very badly, occasionally there are lots of comments saying Abbie is saying things.
Who knows.
At first I didn’t get it but now I do. If we’re going to talk about awareness, let’s bring awareness to the fact that some children are just non verbal, I believe this is the case with Abbie.

Imagine having a child that couldn’t speak and people kept bringing up that she’s saying words when in fact she’s not.

It makes it even more like a circus to go to certain parts of the video and constantly replay it to see if she said a word. It usually never sounds like a word to me, only when she makes the “NO” sound.

I will say, there was one vlog that she made a word sound and Asa actually responded to her as if what she said was actual words. So yes that was weird. She said “I don’t know” and he replied “Yes you do”.

I’m not sure if they have made a video on this but they should just make a video about the actual possibilities of her speaking.....but I doubt they will. I believe they like to keep viewers guessing on Abbies capabilities. Helps to keep content going.

Reactions: 4

Now you're MY hero!! 😂😂😊

There is no reason why P cannot prepare healthier meals for tge kids while her and Asa are out. I'm sure Isaiah and Summer can prepare something too. The amount of take out food they consume is astounding!
I notice P is putting on the pounds again.
All of the DD sugary frozen coffee they drink
What happened to the walks?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.