Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have wondered that too. 😆
Or just don't get vlogged at all...which is understandable, except their motto is anything for the vlog, IMO.
She really has never liked 🐖cilla, has she? 😆
It really is as if Abbie was left to her own devices with only minimal human contact. IMO.
Wait? Where they "have" been and where they are "now"???
Abbie STILL has these days...
Again, Priscilla points exact at Abbie (which is completely rude to do at any child). She takes her eyes off Abbie constantly during this time. She allows Abbie chances to correct but then doesn't watch her until she is grabbed again... Then at one point, she pulls Abbie to her, so of course, Abbie grabs at her again... Lastly, P is laughing!! Laughing at what is going on.. Seriously?!? Your daughter is violently pulling your hair and causing a scene and you laugh? No wonder Abbie acts the way she does...

Also, please don't get much about the leash... It was the grounding portion for Maverick and I have seen these used many times... When my boys were age 2-6, we use the backpack leashes because they would take off in opposite directions and it would be very dangerous because they would pull away from my husband and myself (and sometimes, I was just by myself, with my 2 girls also)... So, it was the only way we could safely get out of the house but we rarely used them but for emergency situations, when I forgot to get something from a store and had to go by myself or we had a rare trip out to the zoo or somewhere bigger that we chanced them running off and not easily located..

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I admit that I have no personal experience with Autism or IDD but I have a question.
Would it be realistically plausible that Abbie, as severe as she is, ever be able to do or even hold a job?
I just do not see that for her.
Not that I don't have hope - because I do. It's just...the way she is not able to do anything at all without prompting, has no impulse control or memory.
Most of the time she's in her own world and I don't think she even realizes where she is in space and time. IMO.
Am I being unrealistic about my thoughts regarding Abbie's job future?
I agree with you. I can’t see any sort of self sufficiency in her future. Honestly, I am so sad for her. Folks have said how much she has progressed. I have been watching since 2017 and I do not personally see progress. I do not have personal experience with autism or even IDD - am I off-base here?

Reactions: 8
Also, please don't get much about the leash... It was the grounding portion for Maverick and I have seen these used many times... When my boys were age 2-6, we use the backpack leashes because they would take off in opposite directions and it would be very dangerous because they would pull away from my husband and myself (and sometimes, I was just by myself, with my 2 girls also)... So, it was the only way we could safely get out of the house but we rarely used them but for emergency situations, when I forgot to get something from a store and had to go by myself or we had a rare trip out to the zoo or somewhere bigger that we chanced them running off and not easily located..
Abbie wears a backpack now so if she tries to sprint they can grab her. I get why she needs it. In this video I just didn’t like how she was tied to the chair with the leash on. Look at her environment, I don’t understand how they thought she would be content like that.

Reactions: 5
Abbie wears a backpack now so if she tries to sprint they can grab her. I get why she needs it. In this video I just didn’t like how she was tied to the chair with the leash on. Look at her environment, I don’t understand how they thought she would be content like that.
Very true!! I thought that she was tethered to Maverick.. I would never agree that it is okay to ground her to furniture, pole, etc.. I wouldn't even do that to my pets, muchness my child.. Also, yes, she needed somewhere to sit and something to be entertained by, which they failed to do...

It makes me wonder how they will cope in the future when they are older and she is much bigger and stronger. I couldn’t cope with it and I am sorry if that offends anyone but I am just being honest.

Reactions: 15
It makes me wonder how they will cope in the future when they are older and she is much bigger and stronger. I couldn’t cope with it and I am sorry if that offends anyone but I am just being honest.
I couldn’t do it either.

Well tonight's vlog - (he accidentally uploaded it yesterday but made it private so he's not daily vlogging anymore apparently), we learn from the God of Autism himself, about insomnia. *eye roll*
He stated Abbie was sick (again) and kept the camera on her the whole time suppressing her stims as he rambled on about autism insomnia.
If this is his attempt to direct that channel in the autism awareness direction...he failed! IMO.
That was nothing BUT exploitation. IMO.

Reactions: 6
Well tonight's vlog - (he accidentally uploaded it yesterday but made it private so he's not daily vlogging anymore apparently), we learn from the God of Autism himself, about insomnia. *eye roll*
He stated Abbie was sick (again) and kept the camera on her the whole time suppressing her stims as he rambled on about autism insomnia.
If this is his attempt to direct that channel in the autism awareness direction...he failed! IMO.
That was nothing BUT exploitation. IMO.
I don't understand why they are so reluctant to up her meds. There may be a valid reason, but when I watched last, it sounded more like they had decided as "experts" to ignore her doctor's advice. Is it to have more sleepless nights as content? I just can't watch them botch her life either out of ignorance or deliberately right now.

I couldn’t do it either.
I wouldn't be able to have my brother living with me. He is able to live independently and does. At times, though, he still lashes out in frustration. I don't go see him alone and at the first sign of trouble, my husband gets between us. I was covered in bruises as a kid not because my brother wanted to hurt me but because he would hit the nearest thing to him. When I met my husband, I was still going home for breaks and the summer. He saw the bruises and was just horrified. He encouraged me to stay on campus as much as possible and when he rented an apartment, invited me to move in with him so I would have a choice about going home. I still thought it was okay and wasn't upset that my parents didn't intervene. Strangely, my brother didn't hit my Dad much. It was me and my Mom. He's a big man and I was never a match for him physically. I lived that way for 18 years. I wouldn't put myself through it again.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't understand why they are so reluctant to up her meds. There may be a valid reason, but when I watched last, it sounded more like they had decided as "experts" to ignore her doctor's advice. Is it to have more sleepless nights as content? I just can't watch them botch her life either out of ignorance or deliberately right now.
His exact words were that Abbie had gotten older and bigger and they didn’t want to adjust her meds for that reason, like that isn’t the exact reason why dr adjust people’s meds🙄 I’m betting it’s a lie just like the aba therapy and how she was doing soo good she didn’t need it everyday uh huh, I bet the therapist was sick of going over their daily to basically help Abbie with household chores cause she wasn’t learning anything!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I just always expect the worst from them. In every situation.
It's their own doing that leads me to form this opinion.
The evidence is in the vlogs.
#garbagepeople

I have wondered that too. 😆
Or just don't get vlogged at all...which is understandable, except their motto is anything for the vlog, IMO.
She really has never liked 🐖cilla, has she? 😆
It really is as if Abbie was left to her own devices with only minimal human contact. IMO.
Asa says that parents have to deal with these behaviors. Blind spot about Isiah? Wasn't it during this time that Isiah was in the back room of the shop taking care of his sister while they were running the family business? When P said later that it was okay to not have respite as a young family, I remember thinking, "well, yeah, you had your young son taking care of his sister."

• Heart
Asa says that parents have to deal with these behaviors. Blind spot about Isiah? Wasn't it during this time that Isiah was in the back room of the shop taking care of his sister while they were running the family business? When P said later that it was okay to not have respite as a young family, I remember thinking, "well, yeah, you had your young son taking care of his sister."
Yup. I have wondered if this back room child caring for another child situation has a lot to do with why Abbie is so feral.
Those years she spent locked in that room were crucial learning years. IDD or not.

Yup. I have wondered if this back room child caring for another child situation has a lot to do with why Abbie is so feral.
Those years she spent locked in that room were crucial learning years. IDD or not.
Entirely possible that she was warehoused at home and that was the reason she made so little progress at school. I'm glad she's at a school that does all they can to enrich her life. I hope the school does add an asl center. I wonder how much progress she could make in a setting that really focused on her.

About that revoked license. I’ve always thought that for someone to have a revoked one, it was due to a very serious offense like DUI/DWI. I know there are other reasons, but wow! What a find. Just in case, maybe that Whiskey habit/liking isn’t such a good idea after all! So gross.

His exact words were that Abbie had gotten older and bigger and they didn’t want to adjust her meds for that reason, like that isn’t the exact reason why dr adjust people’s meds🙄 I’m betting it’s a lie just like the aba therapy and how she was doing soo good she didn’t need it everyday uh huh, I bet the therapist was sick of going over their daily to basically help Abbie with household chores cause she wasn’t learning anything!
Asa also said that he doesn't want Abbie to become an overmedicated zombie (I'm paraphrasing). That too much medication would take away her personality. In a sense, he's right. But only if the doctor were to REALLY jack up her dosage significantly. Obviously I'm only speculating but I doubt the doctor wants to ramp up her dosage dramatically. Just increase it enough to deal with where her needs are now.

Asa also said that he doesn't want Abbie to become an overmedicated zombie (I'm paraphrasing). That too much medication would take away her personality. In a sense, he's right. But only if the doctor were to REALLY jack up her dosage significantly. Obviously I'm only speculating but I doubt the doctor wants to ramp up her dosage dramatically. Just increase it enough to deal with where her needs are now.
absolutely. I can of course understand that they don't want to drug her into a stupor. but there's a big difference between that and not adjusting her drugs in accordance to her current weight/size. if she's outgrown her current dosage, some small adjustments could be made to help her just get some sleep.

They don’t care how their or Abies behaviour affects other people. It’s all about them and their needs.
You nailed it. It IS disrespectful and A&P are fully aware of it. P probably more so than A because she's really sensitive to these things. But A just doesn't care. Again, it's his attitude of ''This is how I do things, I know what's best, everyone else should just deal with it and accomodate me."

So really it seems like the school is just their daytime babysitters .
Pretty much. He fought so hard to get her into JSA because he felt the public school system was failing her yet he doesn't show respect for the way JSA operates.

Looks like he's been busy in Virginia.
😆.
Some might be double uploads on my part.
Look closely at these charges.
Typical.

Looks like more trips to the dentist vlogs for autism awareness is in store for 2020.
You would think she would have that dealt with during the big emergency in December. 😆

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Looks like he's been busy in Virginia.
😆.
Some might be double uploads on my part.
Look closely at these charges.
Typical.

Looks like more trips to the dentist vlogs for autism awareness is in store for 2020.
You would think she would have that dealt with during the big emergency in December. 😆
Dang! 50 in a 25 zone? Like pretty much driving like a bat out of hell in a neighborhood? A misdemeanor which is probably reckless driving or a dui? In VA? They don't even live there.
I tried to do a search for Duval county and had no luck. I wonder if he only misbehaves a few states away from home?
P is so vain about her makeup and hair and doesn't get her teeth fixed? In the past it could have been too expensive. That can't be the issue now.

Last edited:
@Baymaus yes. I thought the same thing. Only a total dumbass drives 50 in a 25, IMO.
His dad lives in Virginia.
Money is certainly no object. I believe they probably waited to fix the tooth for content later.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.