Fathering Autism #2 Selling autism, gluttonous lifestyle, and pyramid schemes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys you know what I love? When Asa talks to us, like we are complete idiots. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Assuming the love child is his, why the hell would he try to crack a joke w/ Priss about her cooking for 3 days & tryin’ to keep him around? He already wandered off, presumably, when Isa. was an adorable 18 mo. old! Who does that?!?! Why cast doubt again like that? That was mentally abusive to say that to her. My husband would never say that. And if that comment is usually said, it’s not to be said by someone who HAS cheated & got some other woman pregnant before!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So do we care if they admit about the love child? I just care that he pays to support the kid.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
So do we care if they admit about the love child? I just care that he pays to support the kid.
As well as if they are paying to support the child I also care about how they go about addressing it. I will gain some respect for them on how they address and explain the situation

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They’ll have to explain what happened, even if in brief. Otherwise ppl will continue to ask. I haven’t, but there are a ton new members here & the cat is out of the bag!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Around 14:30 of the newest vlog he is standing infront of the three girls including Abbie and is talking ABOUT abbie while she is right there. That's the first red flag I had with that family is how they talk about her while she is right there rather than engaging with her while talking about her like you would a neurotypical toddler for example. It's just rude

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Like if you will not be satisfied until this situation is addressed. @Asa Maass this is your hint.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder what they're going to do when Abbie ages out of school... man that is a lot to be around 24/7 with no break. More respite? It's not like she can go to a job or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
omg Abbie's yelling toward the end of the latest video ("Mom Needs a Break") when everyone is trying to eat their dinner. That's got to be one of the hardest things about being around her. Here's an interesting video about how one autism family found a solution for their son's screaming. of course, i'm not saying they should do this for Abbie (and autism advocates were REALLY upset about this), but it's interesting.

On a side note, Summer's forced laugh and resting witch face make her almost as hard to watch as Abbie!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
they mentioned they have to have Abbie retested for autism to gain guardianship before she turns 18. Since she's regressed so much and a lot people have mentioned it, I wonder if it would be possible she could get an IDD diagnosis instead of autism.

Reactions: 9
they mentioned they have to have Abbie retested for autism to gain guardianship before she turns 18. Since she's regressed so much and a lot people have mentioned it, I wonder if it would be possible she could get an IDD diagnosis instead of autism.
IDD would be the correct primary diagnosis, IMO.
He latched onto the Autism word because it's the latest rage word.
It's very obvious they are all about the latest rages.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
IDD would be the correct primary diagnosis, IMO.
He latched onto the Autism word because it's the latest rage word.
It's very obvious they are all about the latest rages.
Exactly! Also, I am surprised they haven’t been having Abbie tested every 3 years. Insurance, programs, etc., usually require updated paperwork and usually won’t accept anything over 3 years old and would require new psych reports..
I also am one that definitely agrees IDD will probably come out as her primary diagnosis then. Autism may or may not be secondary (she may just be listed as having characteristics of Autism)...
Also, they cannot even apply for guardianship until Abbie is 17-1/2 years old. It is something any attorney would tell them and her psych report at that time, has to be dated within the last year. Also, at the end of the day, even with full guardianship, it still can be abused or not taken as valid. They think this is the “all encompassing answer” but their legal battles just started, as Abbie becomes an adult.. I know plenty that have had to fight hospitals to take guardianship paperwork and let the parents make medical decisions (even with it being granted both medical power of attorney and full guardianship). It also has to be constantly updated too.. I am not saying it isn’t something that they need to do but they are way early to talking about it right now and they seem to be really lazy and I can see the paperwork constantly expiring and they just don’t care..

Reactions: 5
As well as if they are paying to support the child I also care about how they go about addressing it. I will gain some respect for them on how they address and explain the situation
If he has not been paying child support for the past 18 plus years why is he just losing driving license now? Perhaps I am mixed up and he lost license a long time ago.

Reactions: 1
I wonder what they're going to do when Abbie ages out of school... man that is a lot to be around 24/7 with no break. More respite? It's not like she can go to a job or something.
She will have to go into a group home where she will be safe and this family will have some semblance of a normal existence.

• Heart
If he has not been paying child support for the past 18 plus years why is he just losing driving license now? Perhaps I am mixed up and he lost license a long time ago.
Okay, the child is question is 16 years old. He wasn’t taken to court until 2013, where paternity was confirmed and the order of support was demanded by the courts. Now, from there, he may have paid (never know) but then Mom could have turned him in for not paying and that would have caused his license to get revoked. Of course, he has so many past tickets from both VA and FL, which could have also caused him to get his license suspended too..

She will have to go into a group home where she will be safe and this family will have some semblance of a normal existence.
There is home-based services (I believe Florida has a program like my state), which is basically called “the money follows the adult.” She is on a Medicaid waiver, which will pay for her to go to a day program at a center (just like school), they will do a lot more vocational training. I doubt that the state has one-on-one vocational training and jobs, which means that she won’t be able to go to a job daily. The day program will take them to places to work, just like her school does. Respite care is the same (no more hours there), thankfully because she is probably gets the max of 135 hours a month (at least that is the max in my state)...
Group home is only if they agree she goes and she tells someone she wants to go. A & P would never allow it because if she doesn’t get SSI now, they will apply when she turns 18 (it goes based on Abbie’s income and assets alone once she turns 18, no matter what her parents have. Before she turns 18, it does go based on A & P’s income and assets).. They wouldn’t want to loose out on those monies coming in and if she goes to group home, the money goes with her..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think Abbie would do well w/ that vocal cord procedure. It doesn’t harm anything & is even reversible. The kid’s throat hurt prob too bad to vocal tick after surgery.

Reactions: 3
Around 14:30 of the newest vlog he is standing infront of the three girls including Abbie and is talking ABOUT abbie while she is right there. That's the first red flag I had with that family is how they talk about her while she is right there rather than engaging with her while talking about her like you would a neurotypical toddler for example. It's just rude
I felt so horrible when she started crying. You tell could she was upset because they were talking about her, without including her.. Gosh, I wanted to hug her and call Asa some choice names..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.