Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
So Billy has a little tantrum and says he won’t go see some suspicious footage recorded during an event that ruined his business and killed someone? And of course he discloses said suspicious footage to Meena! Because you know 🤷‍♀️ he completely trusts her after 1 day. Liv of course wanders back to a closed premises only to find it unlocked so she can help herself to the booze and smash a bottle of wine to set the scene for the row between herself and Ben.And then Ben manages to escape Meena after finding out she tried to kill Victoria but of course goes back to save her only to leave the vital evidence sitting on a car seat and the door left wide open 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Meena is out cold with a concussion but within 20 seconds manages to get out of the building through some secret passage way and secure herself the incriminating footage and murder again all the while being concussed 🙄🙄🙄🙄Isn’t employing 10 year olds to do the writing considered child labour and illegal???

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Zigandzagger

Even if Meena had been there I’d have raised the alarm.
No way would I have gone home with her, the whole storyline is ridiculous.
It started out a good story line.. pretty, petite Nurse is actually an unhinged mass murderer. I personally enjoyed her acting.. going from seemingly sweet and innocent to a murder, to dancing around her room without a care in the world.. but I’ve totally lost interest now.

I was invested up to Ben’s death but ridiculous that footage wouldn’t have been checked as soon as they returned from their crazy day out. Far fetched that Manpreet wouldn’t raise the alarm in hospital and staff wouldn’t be alarmed with a wounded relative being so intense and not leaving the bedside.

I love the soaps as an escape and ignore a lot of the obvious loopholes in story lines but this one has gone on too long and they’re grasping at straws at this stage.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

squiffle

I came to this thread to find out what you all thought of David singing around the campfire towards the end of last week as I found it horrifying but no one has even mentioned it! Now I feel like I imagined it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Dont even know why I am going to bother typing this because it's emmerdale and nothing makes sense and I don't even watch properly now it's just background noise so i may have missed something but here goes anyway ....

Why is meena not at work? She's just been in ibiza for god knows how long, but managed to go into work for enough time to switch David's pain killers (I'm guessing that's where they're from) but now keeping guard 24 hours a day.
(Jacob can piss of too)
She's not working at the surgery by magically getting a 'few more weeks off'. Her doctor sister is currently still in Ibiza, so not working at the surgery, whilst the other doctor is spending time in a back garden, again, not working at the surgery.

Wendy, the unqualified nurse, is the villager's only hope!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
How is liam earning money?
He was pretending to go to a fake job at a hospital now hes in his alotment all the time.
What happened to his job at the local surgery?
Are to assume he is still there or has he left that job?
Onlyfans?

• Haha
Reactions: 19

bluecups

VIP Member
My sister just rang me and said she'd read somewhere that Meena takes Vinny hostage in a barn with Manpreet, that Manpreet manages to untie herself and tries to hit Meena with a piece of wood but it all goes tits up and she gets tied up again.

This storyline is just absurd. Like the person who commented earlier, I really enjoyed the Meena storyline early on but it's beyond ridiculous now.

- Police not checking flight logs, hotel bookings
- Moving a "body" wrapped in black plastic in a small village, even stopping to bend down and talk to said "body" without any thought of getting seen
- Diazepam taking effect in 30 seconds
- Manpreet not saying to the hospital staff "Ring the police my sister is trying to kill me" or at the very least asking her to be removed from her bedside
- Manpreet not needing to go to the toilet
- Meena inexplicably deciding to keep Manpreet alive for a week instead of just killing her.

That's just off the top of my head. Paige Sandhu is completely overacting at this point and it's not sinister, it's embarrassing. I'm rolling my eyes every time she's on screen now.

Chita

VIP Member
Saw that Charley Webb (Debbie) has confirmed she's left the show after 19 years. Left for good last year apparently
Good.
Deadpan delivery of lines.
Little emotion shown in dramatic scenes.
Miserable face even during happy scenes.

Won't miss her at all.
Haven't missed her in fact.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
She tried to escape from a murdering maniac…by running into a maze?

At least it looks like Harriet is going to get her job back, so you know, every silver lining and all that.

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Hi all I stopped watching Emmerdale because Vanessa annoyed me with her Ehhhh Ehhh ehhh and now she’s back!
She has been so annoying already!!!

And I a bastard for laughing when they found Belle & Kyle? They were like a couple of fish fingers. The writer's weren't to know we were to have the warmest New Year's on record, either!

• Haha

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
And the scenes in the cafe with Rishi and the cops, Meena was so overly aggressive towards Rishi and defensive about the whole thing. She barely held the phone to her ear long enough to make a connection never mind suggest Manpreet was too busy to answer. I’m no detective but the aggressive tone and defensive attitude would have been enough to raise alarm bells enough to warrant further investigation. It’s beyond ridiculous. Pantomime stuff now 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 18

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
I caught up on Thursday's episode on itv hub and noticed there was an 18+ warning for the episode. Does anybody know why? It wasn't a violent episode or anything. Could it be for Priya's eating disorder storyline?
It should have had a boredom warning 😴

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Probably bring Malone with him! 🤣
I'm calling it now, it'll be a stormy night and Gabby will finally give birth, Jamie will snatch the baby, chaos ensues, Kim Tate does that ugly sneer face, everyone else stands about like morons, whilst Chas and Rhona shout at anyone male. Dawn magically finds Jamie and sprog at cricket hut.

ETA: of course the baby will be named Ashley.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Didn't David make a remarkable recovery from the gunshot wound 😂 out and about in the wild in a matter of weeks😂😂 man of steel😉 any normal person would still be under a duvet on the couch watching Tipping point😂

• Haha

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
Oh lads the Meena storyline is definitely going on too long! She got me in my dream last night 😂😂 she had me hostage but took me out for a walk and randomly broke into my neighbours house where I stole an African spear (that actually I own myself) from beside my sleeping neighbour to kill her with 😂😂😂🤦‍♀️ Random 🤷‍♀️ I woke up before I got to kill her 😂😂😂

• Haha